Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Ballad of the Macabre (open!~) Empty
PostSubject: Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)   Ballad of the Macabre (open!~) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2014, 9:11 pm

The night air was cool and refreshing change from the normal hot and sunny Italian days, and Cali enjoyed as much as she could. The change of scenery also calmed her somewhat. The unpolluted night sky looked beautiful compared to the city crap she had seen over and over. Tilting her head back down again, she looked out of the alleyway she had hidden herself in earlier in the day waiting for this specific event.

The dark weapon had received a few hints from one or two people around these parts that one of the more wealthy families held masquerades every year or so in an attempt to stay on the good side of the village communities that were situated near to the mansion out in the middle of the Roman countryside. But of course the story is never that simple, and she had received a few more hints that people were going missing during these events, and that in fact the eldest son of the family was dabbling in research to do with the demonic arts. Naturally this meant all of the staff working there had given up being human a long time ago, or had ended up as a sacrifice on the table. Basically, to somebody who knew how not to screw things up it was a gold mine, and that was where she came in. The DWMA could go screw themselves over for all she cared, the only reason why she was doing this was for personal gain. Ah, here came the crowd now.

Since the party at hand was a  masquerade, it made making people slip away unnoticed easy for the demon cultists, but also made slipping in undetected just as easy. Fumbling around in her inside pocket, Caligo quickly checked the random card she had drawn. The seven of clubs. Hm. She would have to remain vigilant. Standing up, Cali shuffled to the entrance of the alley and waited for a particularly large group of party-goers to pass by before slipping in. But first, the mask. Producing her simple tool of deception, the girl smirked at the sight of her beautifully crafted black and silver mask. She had it made to her specifications, and although that cost a bit more money not only did it look stylish but it also matched her bracer quiet nicely. Also, when you go in to murder a whole mansion full of kishin eggs and possibly a mad man, you had to dress up nicely, no?

With that, Cali silently slipped out of the alley and into the middle of the crowd and quickly blended in with the masses. Undoubtedly to an event as big as this, she guessed a few more who shared her idea would arrive, but as long as they didn't do anything stupid pulling this off shouldn't be too hard. If everything went well, the moon was going to have a lot to laugh about tonight.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)   Ballad of the Macabre (open!~) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2014, 2:00 am

Droon's sharp toothed grin made him noticeable from a mile away amidst the party, despite his red lacquer mask. He had come for souls, seeing as he had an unsettlingly small amount at the moment, and boy did he find'em! But he saw no reason to go in for the kill just yet, why not have a bit of fun? You know, dance with some cultist girls, eat food, that sort of thing. Considering his already monstrous appearance and the fact that most kishin eggs can't see souls, meant that almost all of them simply thought he was another one of "them".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)   Ballad of the Macabre (open!~) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 18th 2014, 10:56 pm

Senor Faraldo did his best to mingle in, in his tuxedo, stolen, and imp mask. He had come to this party to ingratiate himself with the family there, and possibly steal the research pertaining to the infernal arts. After all, it might have been the only way to free himself of....it.

SINNERS! THEIR GARB AND REVELRY DOTH OFFEND THE LORD! SLAY THEM, SLAY THEM AND TAKE THEIR SOULS!

ArchAngel, the so called 'avenging angel'. AKA, the other half of Senor Faraldo. Literally. He shared a soul with that.....monster. That monster that had turned him into a Kishin Egg. That monster that Faraldo wanted gone, gone gone.

Anyways, he was currently sipping on some wine. He couldn't get drunk anymore, which was a mixed blessing. He kept his eyes open as he strolled along. Good news was, in his current form, he was Indistinguishable from the average, human party goer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)   Ballad of the Macabre (open!~) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 7:28 pm

The crowd sauntered down the winding road leading to the grand entrance of the mansion and it's grounds, to which there were a large of amount of staff there hiding just in the shadows and in the corner of peoples eyes. Of course, the humans from her group paid no attention to the completely motionless group of guards, but Cali did.

Undoubtedly they would be running a fairly tight security around here, not that her bothered her though. After weaving her way through various party goers, Caligo reached the main hall where the part was being hosted. It was easy to see how one could just get quickly swept away around a corner and into oblivion.

Yet the first thing she had in mind was to blend in a little. Observe her surroundings and mark out key areas that were in sight. Shuffling past several people including a man in smart tuxedo and an imp mask, she chose a small glass of champagne from the table of fine drinks in front of her and sipped it cautiously as she began her scan of the room.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)   Ballad of the Macabre (open!~) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 9:00 pm

Droon quickly grabs a glass of... Erm...something, and downs it in one gulp before hopping into the swirl of the dancing, slipping amongst the guests and twirling for a bit. Suddenly he spies somebody who was decidedly...out of place. Maybe she was trying to hard to blend in, or maybe she was trying to little, either way, Droon had enough experience going undercover to notice these things. He makes his way to Cali's side and bows "evening" he purs with his usual sharp-toothed grin "might I have the pleasure of this dance?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)   Ballad of the Macabre (open!~) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 19th 2014, 9:25 pm

Faraldo carefully watches for an opening to sneak past the gaurds and explore the deeper guts of the mansion. He carefully watches the gaurds while he strolls, doing his very best to remain inconspicuous.

He was doing a pretty good job, as he looked completely in place. His tuxedo was neat, not too old, but not too new, his mask was aged in all the right ways, his poise spoke of relaxment. This was not the first party he had been to where the party throwers were insane soul draining monsters. This time, of course, none of them were his mother in law. Besides, he was armed. In two ways. He had a old cavalry sword, carefully decorated to look fake, and the great equalizer, his old wartime pistol, hidden on his personage. He didn't know weather bullets hurt kishin eggs, but it would certainly knock them back. Give him time to use his more....heavy duty weapons.

Of course, he was still having to deal with ArchAngel shouting in his head. Which was rather bothersome. Luckily, if all things went well tonight, he would not have to use his alter ego.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)   Ballad of the Macabre (open!~) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2014, 9:24 pm

Caligo suddenly felt herself get thrown out of the trance like state she had entered to take in and analyse the room and possible events, when the man from earlier approached her with a statement she had not taken into account. Of course, this was a party so naturally people would be dancing, and due to the nature of the masquerade even the most nervous of people would be feeling safe in the knowledge if they were careful their true identity would remain anonymous.

It was a good thing Cali was wearing her mask, because underneath she looked rather shocked and taken back at the request and remained silent for a few seconds as she processed the information "Uh, sure" The dark weapon replied without thinking, and carefully put down her glass to take her place beside the masked stranger. It was then the next variable hit her; she had no idea how to dance. This was meant to be a easy and smooth operation, not some social status mess up! None the less, she couldn't exactly back out now and her mind was way to flustered to come up with an excuse.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)   Ballad of the Macabre (open!~) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 20th 2014, 10:47 pm

Droon's smile widens unsettlingly. He lingered for a moment so she could take in his appearance more fully, the crazy dirty blonde spiked hair, the black and red eyes, the pointy teeth, the claws, and of course, the long tongue. He enjoyed seeing people's reactions, and it kept them from remarking upon it later on. He swept into another bow and took her hand leading her into the crowd of dancers. He notes her unsteadiness and places a firm grip on her lower back. "You look nervous, it it...your first time?" He asks with a flirtatious wink and the barest flick of his tongue from in between his sharp teeth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)   Ballad of the Macabre (open!~) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2014, 1:08 pm

"Sort of, yes" She replied again without thinking as she followed him into the crowd of dancers. Yet her mind was never swayed by uncertainty for too long, and now had returned to it's previous state, and she began to run calculations and create a list of events in her mind once more. In an instant, her rather nervous and confused expression turned into a much more relaxed one that was accompanied by a slight smile. Leaning in a little closer as they began their dance, she spoke up to him quietly "I suppose you're here for the same reason I am, no? With those alluring features, I doubt that you came here just for the champagne and music"

Maybe they could create a temporary partnership if this man indeed was here just as she was? More doors and opportunities opened, and others closed. Of course, there was the possibility he was actually just here for fun, or was luring her into a trap. Caligo was uncertain at this moment in time, but she certainly didn't drop her guard, regardless of his flirtatious attitude towards her.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)   Ballad of the Macabre (open!~) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 22nd 2014, 8:16 pm

"Well, yes and no. I like to mix business with...pleasure..." He says in a whisper, bringing his lips to her ear with yet another flick of the tongue. "Don't tell me it's all work and no play with you." He says with a fake harrumph and pouty lips. The continued spinning motions, uuuhhh, continue (extra points for redundancy!), and he notices her quick adaptation to the dance "you're a quick study. Maybe you'd like to study something else for me..." He says with a flirty look.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)   Ballad of the Macabre (open!~) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2014, 2:59 am

This was going nowhere. The guard formation was too good. He would have to create a distraction. And he knew just how. Sure, he might lose his pistol forever, but he needed that research, and besides, he didn't really NEED it.

Walking forward, he discretely shuffled his pistol from his hiding spot into the pocket of one of his party goers. Good thing he had practiced this trick for years. Luckily, he wasn't spotted reverse pickpocking the fellow. Mixing into the crowd, it was not long until someone noticed the fellow carrying around a gun.

(OOC: I would add something about people freaking out, but I don't know the Kishin Egg-Normal people ratio, and would probably screw SOMETHING up.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)   Ballad of the Macabre (open!~) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2014, 4:49 am

Cali chuckled and shook her head slightly when he spoke to her as pair continued their slow tango "My business is my pleasure, I enjoy doing what I do" The dark weapon replied and tilted her head away from his mouth slightly when he leaned in closer to her. She could imagine some people would be freaking out considerably right now, but unlike them she was aware of how weird and cruel this world was, and no amount of screaming and hiding could change that "It depends what you want me to take a look at. I don't do everything for free you know, this dance is just a sample" She continued to answer his second question, and was about to carry on after doing a little spin, yet instead noticed something that made her suddenly considerably more weary.

It seemed one of the party goers had an...interesting pistol sticking out their pocket. Now not only did the man who currently had it looked nothing like the sort of person to carry such an intricate model of that weapon, but also undoubtedly that was going to cause considerable chaos when the ever watchful full guards and gatherers noticed, and Cali quickly turned away from the human as soon as she noticed two or three of those guards in particular that had been half concealed in the dark corners of the dance floor also noticed. Resuming her dance with the current partner, this time it was her turn to lean in slightly "I believe there is a third member in this place who's trying to achieve the same goal as us, judging by that soul over there" Caligo whispered to him with a slight smile on her face she motioned to the soon to be taken human with a nod of her head in his direction.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)   Ballad of the Macabre (open!~) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 24th 2014, 6:54 pm

"Hmmm...here I thought this was a private party." He murmurs to himself in an amused tone. He turns a questioning look to Cali "did you have some sort of plan then?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)   Ballad of the Macabre (open!~) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2014, 9:57 pm

A yell. "OH MY GOD HE HAS A GUN!" The voice, Feraldo's. People began freaking out, and the man who had been slipped the pistol looked confused as he got tackled. 'Perfect' though Faraldo as he viewed the chaos. With the gaurds distracted, he slipped by, and entered a hall way. Stealthily, he wandered down the hallway, being sure to check around each corner. Eventually, he heard the sound of a patrol headed his way. He ducked into a small room to avoid them. Huh. One sleeping guard.

Feraldo would probably regret this, but he pulled out his calvalry sword, swung....and beheaded the fellow, causing his body to fall away, revealing a single red soul. If Feraldo had any choice, he would leave it, but he could not afford for anyone to find it. So, he grasped the crimson orb, brought it to his mouth, and swallowed it.

DEAR LORD THAT TASTED BAD. Was that how souls tasted? Who the HELL would eat such garbage? The flavor put RANCID BLACK COFEE to shame. Sure, the rush of power was nice, but Feraldo would have trouble stomaching anything for awhile. Hopefully it was a acquired taste. Anyways, might as well check out the room while the patrol past. It looked....like a storage room, with several chemicals, a few barrels of....things, and a very small book shelf. Grabbing one book, Feraldo looked at it. Seemed to be a journal of somesort. Old one, too.

(OOC: Gonna let you decide whats in the journal, Winter. For various reasons.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)   Ballad of the Macabre (open!~) I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2014, 10:07 pm

The sound of panicked screams and the slow trickle of fear essence seeping into her soul was enough to make her smile ever so slightly. Fear was such a beautiful energy. The way it flowed so slow and smoothly through air, compared to those who gave it off. Scurrying around like rats. Humans were truly pathetic "Unless you want to flirt with me some more, lets go. I'd prefer to use this situation to our advantage, even if it is a little unexpected" She spoke to masked man close to her, her voice suddenly changing to a more serious one, yet behind it there was a slight hint of venom in her words.

---

The book that Ferlado opened was indeed a journal of sorts. It was covered in a thick layer of dust, concealing parts of the dark red bindings that held it together. Edges of the book seemed to be burnt slightly, as if somebody had held it above a flame just long enough for them to blacken slightly, but not long enough for it to ignite. Yet the text inside was...something all together different. Bizarre symbols and runic patterns were scribbled into each and every page, each one different in some slight way from it's predecessor.

However, what made them unique, other than their strange nature and appearance, was what began to happen. When longer Ferlado looks at them, his head begins to hurt ever so slightly. The longer he does, the more intense the pain becomes. The cause of this is unknown, and there are no obvious signs of any enchantments upon it that could cause such an effect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)   Ballad of the Macabre (open!~) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ballad of the Macabre (open!~)
Page 1 of 1