Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another one bites the dust

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Another one bites the dust Empty
PostSubject: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2014, 11:25 pm

Quote :
1. Not even Oblivion had to appologize. And he was the one directly responsible for the loss of at least 5 active members, including an Admin, a Mod, and many of the most prominant members of the chat. Remember "this is not a Democracy"?

2. I'm not in the wrong here. He insisted on me doing that much work instead of suggesting it. I tried to end the disution, I don't believe that was among his screenshots. My exact words were "one more word and I'll kick you" after the issue had run it's course. I never thought of getting other Admins involved, but, had he handled the situation like a respectable member, or had the other Admins used some common sense and brought the idea to me instead of just saying "I have screenshots of something I wasn't there for, you have to change your ways", then that idea could have worked. It would be ABSOLUTE BS since 90% of the bios are not related to the issue and the overwhealming majority of the ones that are are inactive AND because there is no explemation for just waking up and losing your powers...... But at least that would be a reasonable way to raise a point.

3. It's become clear to me that Yuki and the others were, in fact, 100% right about the issue of the site's leadership. Oblivion has too much influence over the other Admins for any voting system to work without bias. There should have been a slight delay for logical discution to take place before things happen such as demoting me and making Leo an Admin/Mod before even giving the members a 7 day period to get used to her. Which, even after having a second vote deciding, has been ignored in the wake of this event. The entire concept of the voting system is not only pointless under the current Administration, but has been thrown completely out the window when it's thought to be necessary by some Admin who I assume to be either Oblivion or Beyril. This isn't even after a week of testing and I'm sure Oblivion will find new ways to p*ss me off with it if I stay here any longer.

As much as I despise it, consider this my official goodbye to the forum. The people in charge obviously show no respect for me, my accomplishments, or their own rules at this point. I will be taking all of my characters and continuing on the OTHER SE site formed after the previously mentioned Oblivion incident and will not be returning unless major changes are made to the way the site is ruled.

View the other threads in the Member Announcement to see the background on this event in question.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2014, 11:28 pm

Deth, church already said sorry. Just apologize, man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2014, 11:36 pm

It's not about Vic, I'm alright with that. But just that the other Admins are so rude, so incompitent, and just so just stupid about this issue rubs me the wrong way! It took them, what, 20 minutes to decide to demote the one guy who's been actively involved in building this site ever since he was promoted nearly non-stop? And then they just go back on their own previous vote to make someone who hasn't even been on the site a week a full Admin because they're familiar with them. I don't blame Leo for this either. But just the fact that Oblivion, Sov, Beyril, and Ace were so willing to make that decision over this one thing. Especially on the wake of Oblivion's giant screw up that forced most of the active members to leave. I just can't get past that at all.

If anyone is curious where I'm going, PM me and I'll send you a link. As for my characters, they're all just gone. Screw continuity, nobody else seems to care about it. A powerful Kishin Egg, 4 Warlocks, 2 students, and the leader of an order at least 7 OCs strong with 60 golems JUST dissapear!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2014, 11:39 pm

Please Deth! Don't do this...! It's not worth it. We can all try to discuss this calmly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2014, 11:42 pm

If the Admins want an actual disution, I will try to be on every day for PMs until about a week is up. But, until they show some actual understanding of where I'm coming from and why this is complete BS, I'm gone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2014, 11:44 pm

Death don't go they were wrong to do this we will all miss you the one who kept this site going when all the staff were inactive was you now we need you to stay strong and stay with us
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2014, 11:48 pm

Deth,

I am a firm believer that being an Admin is just like being a Parent.

At least, I will admit that that's what I've been taught you might have been taught different, so we may have differing points of view.

But while I do not agree with you leaving (not like the person who somewhat started all this has a right to say something like that), I also don't know what to say about your demotion in terms of agreement. I am a firm believer of skepticism, of questioning what I think is wrong. I may be wrong at times when I do this, but I am supposed to be courageous where others are afraid to raise questions. You should stay, fight for your position...of course not actually fight. You have the ability to prove others wrong, it doesn't matter what I think. Or what others think, if you want something done you have to fight for it. That is a belief I try to abide by when I have the ability to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2014, 11:56 pm

I wish there was a way to fight but there isn't. The problem's at the top. I didn't even get a chance to post in the Admin Discution or a chance to change before they made their decision and locked the section away from me. As long as the Admins hold nastalgia for the past then Beyril, Oblivion, and Ace's words will hold more weight than mine do. So even if I do get back to Admin status it would just be back to square 1 with this crap. I just see too many issues being caused by them in the future to stick around and deal with the drama. It's just not worth the effort and nothing short of a complete member re-evaluation of the existing Admins will change that unless they find it in their hearts to actually listen to some common sense on basic issues like this.

You wouldn't have a trial without hearing from the defendent and trying to come to a fair and balanced conclusion and you shouldn't demote someone before they have a chance to post in the Admin Thread defending themself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 12:03 am

Right I agree Deth
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 3:35 am

You were one of the best administrators on this site.
*sigh*
Goodbye, Deth
TT-TT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 7:50 am

Dont do this. :(
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 8:18 am

Deth, I know where you are coming from, and I wish you had a chance to defend yourself in the admin discussion, I even advised the others to give you a chance to at least respond. Beyril has told me that you are still more than welcome to apply for moderator as well.
Also, Oblivion doesn't influence our opinions near as much as you think, Beyril and Ace's opinions tend to have more weight with me.
Tuck, I'm a little wounded here; Deth wasn't the only one keeping the site going when the others went inactive, I have been here since the very beginning!
I hope you stay Deth, all of us are over-reacting, there is absolutely no reason we can't just move past this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 11:23 am

No, I'm just done. The current Administration couldn't even get past simple issues like "should we wait to make Leo a Mod" without rushing to a vote, turning it into an issue, going back for a second vote, ignoring the second vote, and making her an Admin. Decisions are made too hastilly and unless something changes then the Admins are going to do something that messes up the site, big time. And I don't want to have to deal with whatever drama comes out of this crap next. Believe what you want, but there is a few HUGE flaws in the system I've been trying to defend since day one and it's just gone too far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 11:40 am

Sorry Sov
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 11:41 am

*le fake sobs*

I thought you cared Tuck!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 2:37 pm

Yes beg for mercy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 5:29 pm

Could someone explain what exactly is happening and why Deth is leaving, and why he is upset at the admins? Jeez, I go to bed, wake up, and all this is happening...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 5:57 pm

Basically, I got into an argument with Vic because he wanted me to look over every weapon bio because multiform weapons aren't suppost to exist. I didn't want to look over 150+ bios by myself, un-accept characters that were super inactive, or screw with continuity by having the characters just inexplicably forget their established abilities. The other Admins pointed out that I could have just asked them for help and then, out of nowhere, they just made a vote to de-mote me that ended before I even knew the damn thing existed!

So not only did they screw me over a small issue that could have been easilly avoided by Vic just suggesting it instead of throwing it into the chat, they then IMMEDIATLy made Leo an Admin. Which is probably the part about this I hate the most! We JUST got through agreeing that she shouldn't be a Mod until a week has passed. A position that shouldn't even BE avalable since Oblivion said the site would be restricted to 3 Mods and 4 Admins before and is only offered to her because they knew her ahead of time. And now, without a vote, someone just screwed the rules to give someone who can't even make a Death Scythe the highest position of power.

This just made me realize just how bad of a shape the leadership of this site is in. They're giving no time to think about the issues they're discussing and it will only lead to more crap in the future, and I'm not into RPing to deal with Admins who throw out stupid unreasonable emotion-driven verdicts that cause unnecessary drama! These weren't even difficult decisions, and I'm not going to wait for the BS that comes when they try to go over REAL issues.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 6:10 pm

Deth, you weren't alone. You had 5 other admins backing you up. All you had to say was "I'll talk to the other admins about it." We could've handled it together. But you decided that the best course of action was to get angry. How does that make the administration look, if a member can't suggest something without getting yelled at?
Back to top Go down
https://souleaterrp.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 6:20 pm

Dude, don't go. You leaving is going to hurt the site. Yeah, you got the short end of the stick, but you are probably the most popular admin. People LISTEN to you. Regular users do, at least. You leaving is going to hurt the site WAAY more than political crap.

Obliv, I said this in the chatbox, but Deth cares alot about the site, so the exodus of several people he considers friends probably stressed him out. Hell, I was stressed too, and was kinda rude to Seik, whom I have since apologized. Look, if you gave him more time, he would probably calm down.

Honestly, I wish both of you would calm down and make up. This site doesn't need the drama.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 6:58 pm

You can't blame me for not coming up with that idea while a member is pushing this issue at me on the chat, Oblivion. I never thought that there could be a site-wide effort just because someone has a problem with us shooting down his concept. In case the screenshots don't show the full story, it went something like this: "Can you do this?" "That's a lot of bios." "You can look over them." "Dude, that's a LOT of bios!" "It's not that many" "I don't have enough time to look over ALL of that!" "Just do it" "It's too many for one person!" "Rules are for a reason." "I don't have that much time!" etc. Etc.

The idea was never brought up or mentioned. Imagine if that happened to you, Oblivion. A member orders you to go over every thread to check for inappropriate content because we won't let his go through and he keeps insisting on it and insisting on it and it has to specifically be only you and they keep at it.

Heck, perfect parallel, the Oblivionocracy. Same deal except it dragged out for MUCH longer and caused the loss of the majority of the site's active members! So, before you try and sit there and judge me, stop and take a look at the crap you caused. Crap, by the way, that I constantly worked to try and clear up to the very day of that incident.

And, because I know it's going to go through people's minds, yes. He can be demoted by simply being forced to use a seperate account without the Head Admin Status and just leaving the original one behind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 7:09 pm

Everyone, chill the fuck out, take a deep breath, and consider both sides point of view:

Oblivions side:

-Deth DID screw up, and as an admin, he should be set to higher standards

Deths side:

-Deth did not deserve a demotion. Did he deserved to get chewed out? Maybe, but the demotion was too damn much, especially considering that he has done his best to help the site.

Look, we should all forget this incident, move on, because when it boils down, people were not thinking clearly on all sides, and Church has gone anyways. Hell, even HE thought firing deth was too-much/a-total-shitstorm-waiting to happen. For the sake of the sites health, Deth should get his position back, and, yes, chewed out, because he DID make a mistake, albeit a pretty damn small one, in his handling of church, and one that is completely justifiable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 7:33 pm

Deth, you might not know why I actually went about pushing an issue, but there were a few big-picture reasons and if you would like I can explain them to you if relevant. Just stop assuming the focal point was that issue.

Now, from what I'm told this was just the icing on the cake, the bottle-breaker, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 7:39 pm

Listen. We're missing the point here... The issue was a question about weapon forms, NOT ALL THIS CRAP ABOUT ADMINS OR MODS!!! Arguments with multiple people and all their opinions, always end up like this. Can we PLEASE get back to the issue, which was never really even talked about. That's all we need to do...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2014, 8:11 pm

Why the heck are you bringing it up on my goodbye thread?! I'm not here to discuss the issue of multi-form weapons. Quite frankly, I don't give a crap about that anymore since I've been demoted. I'm just expleining where I was coming from and why I'm leaving. If you want to go on about the multi-form weapons and rally together people who can actually help with the issue, there's an entirely seperate thread just for that. I'm just trying to show things from my perspective of the events.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another one bites the dust   Another one bites the dust I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another one bites the dust
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next