Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shift

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

Shift Empty
PostSubject: Shift   Shift I_icon_minitimeJune 28th 2014, 2:11 pm

Shift

Species: Changeling

Love Interest: N/A

Weapon: N/A

Appearance: As a changeling, Shift's appearance is completely subject to change, being able to alter his form at will, however he DOES have a true form, which is essentially a sentient, quivering mass of humanoid slime. This form is essentially made up of the colors you would commonly find looking up at the night sky, with swirls of purple and black and even hints of brighter colors like orange. His solid white eyes and mouth, which is filled with long, sharp teeth, are the only features which appear truly solid, aside from his 8 inch black claws, which seem to be able to bend like joints despite their solid composition.

Personality: Shift is an actor, adopting different personalities and persona's with each change in shape, sometimes serious and reserved, and a complete lunatic at other times. In general though, he seems to be an agreeable enough fellow, with a slight penchant for mischief. In his true form though, he is incredibly shy and easily embarrassed, perhaps revealing a "true personality" of sorts.
He believes his true appearance to be very ugly and does not like others to see him in it, shrinking back from their sight and avoiding eye contact. His varying personalities and personas are a mental defense against ridicule and shame, reflecting different facets of his personality or even acting as individuals he would like to be more like.

History: Shift, like all changelings, is the result of fairies or other creatures of the fey who, for one reason or another, felt a human upbringing would benefit their own child, so they took a human babe and disposed of it, replacing the child with a changeling, in this case Shift, who used their abilities to look just like the previous infant.
As Shift grew older, believing himself to be human, he discovered his ability to change his appearance. His parents though, had heard of such stories before, recognizing him for what he was they and other people from their small village, formed a group, driving him out of his childhood home and into the harsh world we all know.

Miscellaneous: Shift is new to the world in general, and doesn't have any real loyalty to one group or another.

Abilities:
AbilitiesDescription
ShiftingShift changes his appearance perfectly, without any difference whatsoever from the original
Soul Shift Shift changes his wavelength to perfectly emulate that of another person, regardless of soul perception or other abilities.
DiddoShift copies any soul-based abilities from another person.
EqualityShift gains the physical abilities of anything he turns into. (Ex: Shift turns into a t-rex, and therefore gains the strength of one too. Keep in mind that he also gains the downsides as well.)

Weaknesses: Shift quickly found out about the changeling's weakness to iron during the attack.

Have You Read the Rules?
"I kindamaybesorta like soul eater"
Back to top Go down

Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shift   Shift I_icon_minitimeJune 28th 2014, 2:43 pm

The only real problem I can see as far as balance is that the weakness seems a little vague and should probably be just changed to "metal" instead of iron. After all, IDK how many weapons are actually made of just iron. Also there should be a bit more detail about what iron/metal does to him. Like is it just able to cut through his forms or does it mess up his shapeshifting or something?

Anyways, the character himself is pretty good. There's not much focus on multiple personallities, but he seems to have some good information. I really like the idea of a shapeshifter being ashamed of their true form and there's probably some good insight into his mind with stuff like that. Probably something about being against his orgins or his own kind or something. Which is kind-of reinforced by his history of being driven out of his home based on what he is.

So... yeah. Overall, not an outstanding character but definatly a pretty good one. That's just my oppinion, though, it's up to Beetle what happens to this OC.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shift   Shift I_icon_minitimeJune 28th 2014, 11:02 pm

Or me...

Accepted
Back to top Go down
https://souleaterrp.forumotion.com
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shift   Shift I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2016, 10:08 pm

Shift Char_c26
As of 8/14/16, this character is in perfect compliance with the rules :cheer:
Otherwise, if you plan on dropping/deactivating them let me know!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shift   Shift I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shift
Page 1 of 1