Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage

Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2014, 9:46 am

The urge finally left him. "Not wanting to be alone isn't selfish... It's a human need. Calling a need for others 'selfish' is like calling our natural need for food 'greedy.' I wouldn't leave you for the world, Shizu." Jeremy took comfort in the girl's embrace, knowing he was still loved in some way. He was still kneeling on the floor from his previous mental breakdown, and he knew he had to stand sooner or later, but he was quite frankly enjoying the moment. "Shizu, I've never been able to thank you enough for what you've put up with. And that alone deserves a 'Meister of the year' Awards. I've killed, stolen, dismembered, and probably several other sins I'm not aware about. I'm sorry about what I've put you through. It must be easy to freak out and call the police! But... You always stood by me. And that's something I can never repay." Jeremiah could feel a lump in the back of his throat, threatening to turn him into a ball of earth shattering sadness and sequences of horrible revelations.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2014, 9:19 pm

Shizu took a step away from her weapon and smiled with eyes glistening like stars. With an outstretched hand, she asked,"So, would you like to start over?" It would be best, after all. They needed to find a way to fix their mistakes and there were few options when it came to this. They could always con Suhas into using his powers in order to allow a percentage of those who have seen Jeremy commit his mistakes, but it would only be so long until it came up again. They needed to face it head on as a team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2014, 7:37 am

Jeremy took his meister's hand and hoisted himself up, a smirk on his previously saddened face. His mood had swung very quickly from depression to cockiness. "Honestly, I would do anything you asked me. But starting over sounds good." As soon as he stood straight, his head exploded with pain. The weapon staggered back onto the couch he was resting on before, sending dust everywhere. "First, I should probably try to get this little brain bruise healed. Hehe. But should I sleep? Probably not. Screw it." Jeremiah lay down on the cushioned bench and stared at the ceiling. It felt so... Peaceful. In an abandoned hotel, on the run from cops, and Jeremy just felt... At peace. "I think we deserve a bit of relaxation right now, don't you think? Well, specifically you deserve relaxation. Get some rest, Shi-Shi. Unless there are police outside right now. In which case, we should run."
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2014, 11:03 pm

At the use of 'Shi-Shi', the meister blushed and looked to the side. She'd never been called that before. "Yeah, yeah, just don't fall off the bench, m'kay?" she replied and crawled up into the windowsill, keeping watch. When he was over there, so peaceful, she almost thought that it'd be okay if he... didn't wake up. Not that she wanted him dead, but she wanted him to be happy. There was a lot of troubles awaiting behind every alcove of their lives and she just couldn't stand the thought of him getting injured or simply being unhappy again. Her solemn hazel eyes kept watch outside, and suddenly she caught the sight of a single snowflake dancing down from the heavens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2014, 8:59 am

The weapon was sleeping with a small grin on his face. I'll leave it up to you to think up what he was dreaming about. The quiet mutters of the weapon could be heard if you were close enough. Mutters of "no, no, we really shouldn't" and "come on, don't be like that" were spoken. Once again, I'll leave it up to you to imagine what he was dreaming. When the snow started falling, the weapon grew restless. Jeremy could be seen physically shivering and the small grin was wiped from his face. The new, black top hat slowly slipped off of the boy's head, then quietly landed next to the bench. As the night dragged on, the weapon became increasingly restless in his slumber. He had forgotten to remove his clockwork arm, so it was acting out everything he was doing in whatever dream he was having. At some times, it was in a running motion, while in other times, it was acting out quite... suggestive... Scenes. By the end, it had in fact flipped over to the blade, and he would probably start swinging it any second.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2014, 4:13 pm

Despite her best efforts, Shizu had fallen asleep while keeping watch. Could you blame her? The poor meister was exhausted from the day's extremely stressful events. Her forehead pressed against the stained glass as she awaited something to wake her. Sadly, she was woken too soon. The near-silent sound of a familiar blade swinging roused her from slumber. "Jeremy, is something wrong?" she whispered, afraid that someone had broken in. Though the problem was already inside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeNovember 27th 2014, 5:52 pm

Being as delicate a slumber as this one, the weapon was easily woken by a single whisper. His eyes snapped open, and the clockwork arm that was swinging and stabbing just fell limp. It's time to get technical. You see, when humans and most other animals sleep, their brain releases a natural chemical into the body to prevent it from acting out the dream. Since the clockwork arm has no veins connecting it to the body, there's nothing stopping it from acting out the dream. So the now conscious Jeremy slowly turned his head to his meister and responded. "No, it's, uh, fine. It's fine Shizu, just go back to sleep." The weapon slowly flipped the blade back around for his hand, then began spinning the large gear closest to his actual shoulder. A loud click could be heard, then Jeremiah slowly placed the arm on the ground. The weapon lay back down, wanting to go back to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2014, 11:34 am

Shizu remained in her stance. With brain damage, anyone could be unpredictable. She tried telling herself to chill out, because quite honestly, she needed to trust him. Her throat dried as she took a few rapid breaths, climbing up to her windowsill and keeping a silent vigil until the sun's maniacal laughs and light reached through the window. The concentrated light made Shizu squint, so in order to avoid the new light she leaped down, almost landing in a pile of glass shards. Without proper sleep, meister's lose their edge. "It's morning..." she started loudly, but trailed off. Was it okay for her to wake him up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2014, 8:43 pm

For the first time in several weeks, Jeremy was sleeping peacefully. Peacefully. He was curled up on the bench, his chest steadily rising and falling. It was quite adorable. He was a little steampunk baby. No blazing inferno disturbed his dreams tonight. Only complete darkness. He rolled over on the bench, turning his back to the meister and mumbling something. His hair was seriously messed up, and his foot slightly twitching. It was a surprisingly calm sleep for someone sleeping on a bench in an abandoned hotel. Well, it was peaceful until he rolled right off the edge of it. He hit the ground with a thud, luckily avoiding smashing his head again. Jeremy woke with a start, shooting upright with a dazed look on his face and in his eyes. "What just... What did I... Ah dammit." He slowly staggered upright, then grabbed the clockwork arm he had removed the previous night and spun it on to his stump.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2014, 11:29 pm

When he woke, Shizu sort of just stood their awkwardly. She didn't know what to say. She grasped her wounded hand, well technically the only hand she had. The meister was still adjustinb to the prosthetic the doctors had equipped her with in order to fufill her duties as a meister.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2014, 12:46 am

"Uh... Well, good morning Shi-Shi. Why's it so coooold?" Jeremy groaned and fixed his top-hat on to his rather fuzzy hair. He wrapped his arms around himself, shivering slightly. His gaze swept over the lobby, examining it for any signs of entry throughout the night. As the weapon's gaze fell on the windows, his eyes widened. "Whaaaat? It's snowing??? That can't be right... We're in the middle of Death Valley! Hmm..." Jeremy stared through the window, glaring at the white substance descending from the sky. It was quite unbelievable. And in no way was Jeremy dressed for the occasion, either. But he somehow shrugged it off. "It's a goddamn miracle. I hope you got some sleep, because we're gonna be pretty busy today! Speaking of which, you did get sleep, right?"
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2014, 12:55 am

Shizu's hazel eyes took in the sight of snow that had seemed so pure and flawless. It had been a long time since she'd last seen snow. "Oh, yes. A decent amount, at least." She replied, mostly lying. She did sleep, but only for a few minutes at a time. She had been concerned about Jeremy the whole night, so rest wasn't one of her luxuries. It wasn't until now that the meister realized how cold it indeed was. Her lips were looking a bit blue and she felt like ice nearly all over. Which is what you get for sleeping close to a non insulated window, I guess. "So, a big day? "
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2014, 1:30 am

"Oh yes! Running from police, possibly hunting Kishin eggs, and most likely running into Suhas and Attor! Sounds fun, doesn't it? Yeah, didn't think so." Jeremy looked his meister up and down, seeing her now blueish lips. He probably didn't look so hot himself. "You don't look so hot. Get it? Because you're cold? And not hot? Right, not the time." From his sincerely kind nature, he removed his waistcoat and draped it over her shoulders. Jeremy shivered more violently, but he found comfort in knowing his meister would feel better. "You ready to go?"
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2014, 4:58 pm

Shizu silently thanked him, clinging to the coat. The coat held heat from Jeremy's body for only a short while, but the meister enjoyed it while it lasted. "Maybe we should visit the nearest retail shop and pick up some inexpensive winter attire? Or do you think we'll get caught?" she asked, hardly bothered by the fact of being outlaws. "Though it is necessary for survival and all..." she trailed off, taking in the sight of snow. How it was possible, she didn't know. All she thought was that it had to be magic.

Above the duo's line of vision, an all too familiar sorcerer and his kishin-egg pet were building a snowman on top of the abandoned hotel. "Isn't it great? I can't believe you've never played in snow before." Suhas beamed, forming a ball of snow. "Cold." was all Attor said, gathering metal scraps for their snowman. "Ah yes, and you've never had a snowball fight." the sorcerer could barely hold his laughter as he peeked over the edge, dropping his snowball on top of the unsuspecting weapon below.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2014, 5:40 pm

"It's quite likely they'll have surveillance cameras-" Jeremy was cut off by a ball of snow colliding with his hat. The snow dripped down his hat an down his shirt, making him shiver violently. "S-s-son of a bitch!" He swivelled around, his head facing upwards. There was nothing above them to drop snow down, so Jeremy was quite confused. The weapon turned back around, looking his meister in the eye. "As I was saying before some rude-ass snow interrupted me, they'll have security cameras. Most likely. So if we did go, we'd have to be sneak-thief-supreme."
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2014, 5:53 pm

Both Shizu and Suhas had to bite their lips in order not to burst out laughing. Shizu trying not to be rude, and Suhas not trying to get caught. Though a sorcerer never learns. Well, at least not this sorcerer. He was already packing another together, not noticing that Attor had picked up the entire snowman and was in the process of throwing it over the ledge. "N-no! Bad idea! Abort! Abort!" he warned, but was a bit too late. Down the snowman went and landed just next to Jeremy.

Shizu was thinking over their options and agreed. "I suppose you're right. Incognito it is." she replied and started to whirl around. But the loud thump of snow gave her a heart attack. Well, almost. "What the heck was that?!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2014, 8:12 pm

Luckily enough for Jeremy, the snowman didn't land on his head, because it would have completely broken his neck. Instead it only caught his clockwork arm, slamming him on to the ground with the force. "Ooooow.... Fuck..." Slowly, he removed the clockwork arm from the pile of snow. "Oh shit... Not again." As he lifted himself up from the ground, another injury revealed itself. Another bruise on the front of his head. If his brain damage got any worse, he would probably become Hannibal Lecter. Strangely, the arm was undamaged as he shook off the snow stuck between the gears.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2014, 10:02 pm

Suhas was confusing humor and horror as the snowman unleashed his attack. Attor wasn't saying or showing any remorse or emotion in general. As per usual...

Shizu checked her weapon for new serious wounds, and was relieved when new ones weren't found. "A snowman...? Why a snowman...?" She wondered, completely stumped. She looked up, nothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2014, 9:37 am

Jeremy brushed himself off, still slightly dazed by the occurrence as he looked up at the roof of the building. Once again, he saw nothing. He removed his hat and shook it a few times before fixing back on to his head. "I have absolutely no clue, but I smell skunk." It had become a habit of Jeremy, that now whenever something unexplainably odd happened, he would blame Suhas. If you were in his situation, you would too. Jeremy slowly turned away from the roof and looked back at his meister. "As I was saying before I was interrupted by a goddamn flying snowman, we're being sneaky or not being anything at all. And I suggest you make up your mind quickly, because I don't know how much longer I can stay here and get snow dumped on me."
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2014, 5:02 pm

Shizu firmed her gaze and replied,"We'll need different clothes. We're bound to get noticed in this attire." Which made sense. They'd been rocking the same style for quite awhile, so their identities were bound to be revealed at some point in time. "I agree, let's head out before they drop an avalanche..." She spoke, her voice filled with curiosity and suspicion. The meister led the way, peaking out onto the street. There were few people, which was typical for this district.

"Hear that, Attor? Looks like we'll be heading out." Suhas whispered, looking over to the kishin egg that had created a fortress of snow. "Yes." he replied, dropping his snowball and starting down, blankly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2014, 5:13 pm

"But all this is newwww!" Jeremy complained, motioning to his entire outfit as he followed her. "How about we just get some dramatic coats and/or cloaks? You can't say we won't need them in this weather." He explained. It was only the week before that he had bought this whole new out fit, with the hat, waistcoat, and trousers. Don't even get him started on the new arm. Jeremy wasn't looking forward to discarding all that made him who he is. "Do we even have the money anymore?"
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 12th 2014, 9:13 pm

Shizu paused. She hadn't thought about their money situation. All of their loot was back in the temporary living arrangements she had... which was in the dorm. Wincing as she pulled out her wallet she sighed. "We have twenty dollars and..." she bent down and picked up a nickle that was on the ground. "...five cents." the meister groaned and placed the coin in the pouch. "Ouch." was all she could say after that depressing realization. "And there's no way in hell I'm going to the sorcerer for help. No magic, I'm sick of it."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2014, 5:22 pm

"Hang on, I'm sure I've got something in my pockets..." He rummaged through his pockets, before pulling out a note. "Make that twenty five dollars and five cents. What the hell can we get with exactly twenty five dollars and five cents?" Jeremy stood there and thought for a moment, wrapping his arms around himself in an effort to protect himself from the cold. "We could buy an expensive tuna sandwich, quite a few pairs of socks, some donuts, one poorly made t-shirt, one poorly made pair of shorts, a goldfish, a burger of some kind, and... A partridge in a pear treeee!" The weapon chuckled at his own joke, before speaking again. "Or we could get some help from Vee. I'm sure they have some money in the bank!"
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2014, 5:58 pm

Shizu giggled at the weapon's mediocre joke, but grew a bit uneasy at the sound of the sorcerer's name. "Are you sure we can trust him? Sorcerers seem to be more trouble than they're worth..." the meister crossed her arms, skeptical about the idea. They both had good reasons that supported her theory, a missing arm, thievery and even stalking. "Yeah, I don't know if that's a great idea."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2014, 4:48 am

"It'll be fine, honest! They are a manipulative bastard, but they're reliable." Jeremy attempted to persuade her. "Please, give them a chance! They helped out with my little bump on the noggin, didn't they?" Jeremy was quite surprised that Valkeer hadn't appearified behind them yet, or at least swooped down dramatically from the heavens. He wasn't quite sure why he trusted the sorcerer so much. I suppose he had no reason not to? Little did the weapon or meister know, a surprisingly familiar vulture was perched on a nearby rooftop, ready to dramatically swoop down from the heavens or appearify behind them if required.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)   Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I) - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back in the Game (Private, Shizu and I)
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next