Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Currency System...?

Go down 
2 posters

Do you want a currency system on SERP?
Yes, a currency system would be great!
Currency System...? I_vote_lcap20%Currency System...? I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
No, a currency system is unnecessary
Currency System...? I_vote_lcap80%Currency System...? I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 8 ]
A system of trading is good but not currency
Currency System...? I_vote_lcap0%Currency System...? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I don`t care
Currency System...? I_vote_lcap0%Currency System...? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage

Currency System...? Empty
PostSubject: Currency System...?   Currency System...? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2014, 6:07 pm

Hello Guest, my name is Kassa and I am new to the site.  I have noticed recently that this forum does not have a currency system, i.e. money, nor some kind of trading system.  I understand that since this forum also does not have a distinct magic registration, there would be no need to buy spell slots or anything like that.  However, I think that if there were things like magic items, or equipment, people could buy those using in-game currency!  Additionally, people might be able to set up shoppes somewhere (idk where, unless you make like another forum called shops) and earn currency that way.  Missions might also be able to give currency or items besides souls.  A currency system could also help improve character management.

The character limit is 10 characters.  Let`s say that someone has 6 characters, and wants to create an additional one.  If one had to buy character slots to have over 6, 7, 8, or 9 characters, that might be a good thing to improve character activity and make people weigh whether they really do want to make another character.  Currency could be earned by posting, events, jobs/missions, etc.  I do think that it might make roleplay more interesting, and people might be more willing to complete missions or jobs.  This is a discussion thread for anyone that agrees/disagrees; I understand that this post is short, but I just wanted to get this idea out there.  I`m sure that some of you have already contemplated this, and it wouldn`t have to be put into another category in the profile since forumotion has a built in points system, which can be renamed whatever one would like as a currency.

Last edited by Kassandra on September 8th 2014, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Currency System...?   Currency System...? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2014, 9:23 pm

As much as I love your input and obvious passion for roleplay, I don't think we need a currency system for a couple reasons, namely because the lack of one is one of the primary differences between our site and most others our size. SERP's lack of a currency system has also helped shape us into the unique community other large sites are so often missing, and finally, currency systems have an ugly side to them in the fact that they turn some sites into giant power-grabs with less emphasis on roleplaying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Currency System...?   Currency System...? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2014, 10:40 pm

Sov has a point. The topic has come up before and the staff has talked about it a little bit. There are some fun and good sides to currency, but just as Sov said, there are also bad and regretful sides to it.

c: However, if the staff ever talks about it anymore than we already have, one of us will be sure to let you know about any further information on it.~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Currency System...?   Currency System...? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 6th 2014, 10:41 pm

Thank you both for replying ~
I agree with what you`ve both said and I`ve been told & noticed that this site is alot more relaxed and friendly than many others, something that is a good thing in my view ~
I appreciate your input xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Currency System...?   Currency System...? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2014, 2:06 am

0-0 I have been directly mentioned, and missed it.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Currency System...?   Currency System...? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2014, 10:30 pm

I actually tried to propose this idea a couple months back and it was rejected... I'll bring it up with the staff again, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Currency System...?   Currency System...? I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2014, 10:35 pm

Thank you all for your comments and stuff, I appreciate it :D ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Currency System...?   Currency System...? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Currency System...?
Page 1 of 1