Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Maximus Del Scaunt

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Maximus Del Scaunt Empty
PostSubject: Maximus Del Scaunt   Maximus Del Scaunt I_icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2014, 8:33 pm

Name: Maximus Del Scaunt

Gender/Sex: male

Love Interest: no one yet

Orientation (Sexual/Romantic): bisexual

Appearance: Appearing as an Indiana Jones wannabe, he wears a white shirt with brown suspenders and a brown hat. Half of his face is covered by his long purple hair, right in front of a pair of golden glasses he claims he got on a safari in New Zealand. The slight smile on his face you can always almost mistake for condescension, but it's usually hard to tell if he is condescending or not. The boots on his feet are brown and covered in dry mud. His skin is fairly smooth, and tanned. His face is where he's the most tanned. Dust stains cover his shirt and pants, but are not really noticeable.

Personality: At first sight, people will often think of Maximus as one thing, which is condescending. This is because of of the slight smile and the monotone of his voice. However, if you can get passed that, Maximus is actually quite the intellectual, as he always speaks like, what you would call, a fortune cookie. People he likes usually get constant praise from him, and it will often come across as weird. To the people who anger him, he can be prudish and unforgiving. According to him, hitting below the belt is always the best option. If you describe his hit as cheap, his initial response is always "Cheap, or just effective?".  If accused of cheating, "Part of the job, friend.".

History: Working as the residential historian of the DWMA, Maximus was raised in Egypt, home to the most bizarre assortment of cursed treasures. The mummies, the treasures, the bad guys with Russian accents, and everything else in an Indiana Jones movie, it all excited him. This inspiration was actually invoked by old adventure movies, where the reward was always the rush of excitement gotten from it all. When he went through all sorts of history books, Maximus fantasized about going on one of these adventures some day. The fantasies usually followed the same plot line the movies he watched did.

It would start off in a pyramid, overlooking some sort of artifact, then a trap would be triggered as the Russian militia charges after him while fighting off the local headhunters. This excitement from reveries are what inspired Maximus to pursue a career as an archeologist, mainly working in Africa, where his fantasy would most likely be fulfilled.

As years went by, nothing was channeled into this excitement, and he instead found himself being bored most of the time at digging sites. Granted, he did enjoy it, but his fantasy was never fulfilled. That is, until he found some hieroglyphics in an underground cavern that spoke of an angel of death who recruited humans to fight off demons. This story fascinated him, and became his life's obsession. He spent countless days in that same cavern, uncovering more. One of these discoveries was a tomb full of treasure. Out of all the gold, one item stuck out the most. It was a golden ring. It seemed to speak to him as his heart raced. He kept the ring a secret for a while, discovering its powers.

The first time he ever put on the ring, he started to hear things that were not their, like some sort of telepathy. Was this treasure cursed? The screaming in his mind nearly drove him insane until he removed the ring.

After that ordeal, he began trying to control the ring. He never let it out of his sight. The ring seemed uncontrollable though. The ability never worked, but it soon worked because of the belief that it worked. Before, he tried it, but had doubts. The ring wouldn't work if you thought "I hope this works." about it, but rather "I'm going to read your mind now.".

After years of searching for the area the hieroglyphics spoke of, Maximus finally arrived in North America, and searched all the cliché spots it could've been, including underground and the Dead Valley in California. Nothing was ever seen. The search for the fruits of his studies was hopeless. After days in the desert, Maximus finally found the city. The layout was enormous, but strangely had a cartoony feel to it, as if it were intended for childrens' eyes.

Enrolling was the easy part, but becoming a teacher? That was the hard part. Showing off the power of his cursed treasure, it impressed quite a few students how he was able to outsmart local conman out of his money in that game where the dealer shuffles cups. From that one dealer, he was able to get a pretty big fancy lobster dinner, but that would have to wait, for an angel waited for him. He was stopped at the door by some staff. He explained his situation, further proving the ring's telepathy. When he was brought before administration, he continued to weasel his way through the examination, showing off his private collection of treasures and retelling tales dating back to the Trojan Horse.

The application took forever to finish, but he was finally able to turn it in, demonstrating his expertise of archeology. The next year, he was able to finally begin class, teaching the wonders of the world, whether light or dark.

Miscellaneous: Maximus' specialty is ancient history.

Have You Read the Rules?
"I love Soul Eater"

Last edited by TAILS DOLL on September 29th 2014, 7:11 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

Maximus Del Scaunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maximus Del Scaunt   Maximus Del Scaunt I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2014, 4:36 pm

Please correct the issue with the meister piece on top, as well as go through and choose a single tense, as his history tends to move between past and present.
Back to top Go down
https://souleaterrp.forumotion.com

Maximus Del Scaunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maximus Del Scaunt   Maximus Del Scaunt I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2014, 6:48 pm

Sorry, but what issue? There wasn't an app for non-weapon teachers, so I was had to go with this one.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

Maximus Del Scaunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maximus Del Scaunt   Maximus Del Scaunt I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2014, 6:53 pm

Meister: N/A, not a weapon

Weapon Form: N/A, not a weapon

I'm assuming that he's a meister, and as such you need to delete the part that says "Meister: N/A, not a weapon
Back to top Go down

Maximus Del Scaunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maximus Del Scaunt   Maximus Del Scaunt I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2014, 6:54 pm

Done, now I have to get the second part somehow done.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

Maximus Del Scaunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maximus Del Scaunt   Maximus Del Scaunt I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2014, 6:59 pm

Just choose which tense you'd prefer to use. You've got parts that are in past tense and parts that are in present tense
Back to top Go down

Maximus Del Scaunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maximus Del Scaunt   Maximus Del Scaunt I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2014, 7:12 pm

Ok, I think I got it all in past tense, at least the parts I immediately noticed.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

Maximus Del Scaunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maximus Del Scaunt   Maximus Del Scaunt I_icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2014, 7:16 pm

Alrighty, Accepted~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maximus Del Scaunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maximus Del Scaunt   Maximus Del Scaunt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maximus Del Scaunt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Eater Roleplay :: Characters :: Character Creation :: Death Scythes/Teachers :: Inactive Death Scythes/Teachers-
Jump to: