Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Midnight Snack (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Midnight Snack (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2015, 10:35 pm

The smell of fresh food wafted through the air, despite the fact the cafeteria had closed hours ago. The decadent scent reached all the way to the alley next to the school, where a hungry boy sat sleeping. Sullab slowly came awake to the smell of food, a luxury he hadn't had in several days. He go up and followed the scent to the side door of the school. I shouldn't be here. what if they catch me and lock me up? He debated in his mind whether or not to seek out the source of the delicious aroma. A pang of hunger made the decision for him. He quietly opened the door and slid inside the school.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2015, 2:31 pm

It was for the Cafeteria Staff to allow Kennith to use their kitchen for improving his cooking skills. Recently he had been experimenting with Meats, which was quite different from his usual sweet baked treats. Although he believed he had finally perfected the cooking of one meet, Ham. Now all he had to do was find a way to make it taste a little sweeter. He figured that marinading it in honey and dousing it with some brown sugar should improve the taste quite a bit. It sure smelled good cooking in the oven, he was pretty excited about trying new dishes to cook.

Sweets were great, but not every occasion counts for them, so he wanted to be prepared for any event that might come up. Death City did have a lot of events it held, and people would be hungry. Kennith stood a little ways in front of the oven with his arms crossed, apron on and smile across his face. "Phew! It should be just about done soon, hope it turns out to taste as good as it smells." Kennith then took a big whiff of the sweet smell and then turned walked out of the kitchen to take a seat. When he looked up he noticed another person in the Cafeteria, and wondered who it could be.

Well the best way to figure out is to ask right? "Umm, hello there! Are you using the Cafeteria too? I'm sorry if I'm in your way, my ham should be done soon enough." Kennith said with a cheerful smile towards the blonde haired boy. But wait, something was off about his appearance... he looked as if he had never spent an hour in the sun, his clothes were quite filthy and worn, not to mention how skinny the boy was. This couldn't be a student, could it. "Hey, forgive me for asking, but would you mind coming over here a minute? I could use someone to talk to." Kennith smiled towards the boy, showing no signs of wanting to harm him in any manor. Which was not only how Kennith was, but it ws also a good way to maybe get some information about him without seeming intimidating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2015, 2:57 pm

Sullab makes his way into the dining area, looking for the source of the smell wafting through the hallways. His mind wandered, picturing a vast feast of any kind of food he could imagine. His heart stops when he hears someone calling to him. He looks over and sees a flaming-headed boy with bandages across his face. Oh no... He panics, thinking that hes about to be imprisoned or worse, when he hears the boy calling him over in an un-intimidating voice. The question e ask start to compute. "N-no, I was just, uh, looking around.." he stammers out, trying not to sound afraid or guilty. He walks over, nervously, unintentionally forgetting to mask his small limp. He notices, with some fright, the boy has the same color eyes as is hair. Peering past him into the kitchen, he notices on oven has been turned on, and a delicious-looking honey glazed ham sits inside. He catches himself staring, and steers his gaze back to the boy in front of him. "Is that y-yours?" he ask, hoping for an invitation to a sample.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2015, 3:18 pm

Kennith couldn't help but feel sympathetic for this strange boy. On top of what he could make out by his appearance he also walked with a limp. Who could let this happen to such a young boy? He looked maybe a year or two younger than Kennith, and yet he seemed to have almost nothing but the clothes on his back. Kennith watched as the boy starred at the oven he was using. 'I thought so... this boy hasn't eaten in days, maybe even weeks. Who could do something like this to another person?'

Kennith did his best to keep his face positive and his heart intact as the boy asked him about his dish. Kennith smiled as he explained. "Yes, I've been practicing my cooking and... well ham is the first meat dish I learned to make... Oh! Umm wait here just a moment alright? I'll be back in a second." Kennith's eyes glinted and widened as he remembered that before he made the ham he had decided to make a few cup cakes to thank the Cafeteria staff for letting him use their kitchen. But under the circumstances he was sure they would be more appropriate for this situation.

Kennith picked up the plate he had set the chocolate cupcakes with vanilla Death Masks on top and carefully yet quickly brought them out and set them on a table near the boy. A sigh of relief as he made it to the table without any complications. He then looked towards the boy with a sympathetic smile. "Well I made these a little while ago before I started the ham. They aren't super hot but they are still very fresh. Please have some while the ham finishes cooking. Bon Appétit! Kennith then took a seat at the table as he watched the boy, wanting so much to know what had happened to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2015, 3:32 pm

Sullab looks down at the cupcakes, unsure what to say. He hadn't eaten since the nice guy gave him some bread, and he didn't want these to go to waste. He tears into them, eating as if they're going to be taken away. "T-thank you so much." he stutters out, finishing the last of the sweets. He looks up at the boy, no longer afraid of him. If he so freely offers up food, he can't be so bad a guy. He looks out the window at the smiling moon, content for the first time in many days. "S-so, you're a student here?" He ask, attempting to use light conversation to keep him from getting suspicious. A voice nags in the back of his head: Idiot. This guy will throw you in jail in a heartbeat if he knew who you were, why are you sitting here talking to him?
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2015, 11:04 pm

Normally Kennith wasn't keen to such "extreme eating," but this time he definitely had to make an exception. After all, the guy was skin and bones, literally, he reminded Kennith of those commercials that show those skinny and sad dogs to make you feel bad for the animals and donate to them. Kennith couldn't stand to watch those commercials, and besides he already made regular donations to that place. Kennith sat calmly with his hands on his lap as he looked towards the boy as he asked his question. "Yeah actually, I'm Kennith a weapon, and my Meister Matt goes here too. I gotta say I'm happier that you have something in your stomach now."

Kennith smiled at the boy before changing to a rather concerned expression. "Umm, forgive me for asking but, what happened to you there?" Kennith pointed at the boy's leg that he saw had the limp. Kennith wasn't the type for interrogation or assumption, he let people have a fair say with whatever situation they came across. "I mean, I understand if you don't feel comfortable telling me... but... I don't feel comfortable just leaving that unchecked. May I take a look at it?" He asked sincerely worried.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2015, 11:33 pm

ooc: a line of @@@@ indicates a flashback

Sullab looks up at the boy, eyes wide. His leg. He had forgotten to hide it. Maybe he could brush it off? "Y-yeah, I uh, hit it on the corner of, uh, a table. Yeah..." He looks down at his leg, remembering how it actually got hurt...

@@@@@@@@@@@@

"Come on! Move it!"

His father yells at him, running from the jewelry store they had just robbed. Sullab quickens his pace, not wanting to upset his father. He hears the police cruiser behind them, sirens blaring. A voice comes over a megaphone: "This is the LAPD, stop and put your hands up!" Yeah, yeah, sure. They keep running.

Thats when it starts. First bullet hits a brick in front of his head, shattering it, and making his heart jump. The next hits a street sign to his left. "Father, maybe we s-should stop, they could really hurt us..."

"If you don't keep running, I swear you will wish the police had got you by the time im through with you!" his dad screams back at him, eyes bulging. That's when it happens. It doesn't register at first, just a quick flit of pain in his lower right leg. But the moment after, it feels like a truck has hit him. He screams, and collapses, blood oozing from beneath his jeans. His father turns back, with a look not of concern, but anger. "You useless son of a bitch! Get up right now or I swear..."

Sullab picks himself off the ground, leaning heavily on the wall, and hobbles after his dad, pain flashing through his leg,lighting it on fire. Fear pushes him forward, and he hobbles after his father into an alley and into the night.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Snapping back to reality after his brief walk down memory lane (or perhaps, more accurately, The Boulevard of Broken Dreams) he looks back at the boy, and shakes his head quickly. "No, p-please, I'm fine thank y-you." He looks down at the table, avoiding the red boy's gaze.

Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 12th 2015, 6:17 pm

A frown takes over Kennith's expression as he listened to the boy, obviously trying to mislead Kennith instead of merely telling him he would rather not talk about it. This worried Kennith even more then he already was. It must have been very traumatic for him. Kennith saw as he broke eye contact, which lead Kennith to look at his leg once again. He really wanted to help the boy with his injury, but he couldn't just do it without permission. Maybe there was a way he could connect with him and get him to trust him a little more.

"I don't blame you for not wanting to tell me. It must have been very terrible... after all, a table couldn't have hurt you that badly. Especially since that wound is very old, I can tell because my mother is a Witch with healing powers, so she taught me a lot about injuries... That and well, I've experienced my fair share of abuse by bullies." He pointed at his bandaged face with an awkward smile on his face. He then went back to looking at the boy's face.

"Not to mention people used to call me a freak because they didn't understand me..." Kennith then opened his palm over the table and a few drops of blood fused into a tiny glob that Kennith was able to keep suspended in the air just over his palm. He then started to morph the glob into random shapes like a sphere, a cube, a bird, and then a heart. "Everybody is misunderstood at some point in their life... but with the right people on your side, you can show people that there is good inside your heart." Kennith looked down at the heart made of his blood and blushed, thinking of one person in particular that was misunderstood.

The heart then suddenly turned into a rose shape and Kennith blushed at the sight of it before he absorbed the blood back into his hand. "Ahem, ahem, well I think you can understand what I'm saying..." Kennith said nervously before getting himself together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 13th 2015, 2:29 am

The familiar feeling of dread creeps into Sullabs stomach as the boy questions his story, and redoubles itself when he begins to mess around with the blood. He panics, breath quickening, and unconsciously moves away from him. "No, i just hit it, I swear! Please don't use your blood magic on me!" He doesn't hear his words, sure he is about to be hurt, or worse. "Please, I didn't do anything wrong. I'm sorry!" He crumples to the floor, transforming into a bow to protect himself.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2015, 10:58 pm

When Kennith noticed the boys fear he raised his hands in front of him and waved them lightly. "I-I didn't mean to frighten you... don't run away... I'm not going to hurt you, I-I won't touch you I promise, I just want to..." It was then that the boy turned into a bow and Kennith stood up with a worried look on his face. "...help." Well this wasn't going very well... Kennith wasn't sure what to do next, he was never the guy that scared others.

Kennith raised his hand, not knowing how to react and trying to console the now bow on the floor. "I-I'm sorry... please don't be frightened... I didn't mean to scare you... please change back... I'm sorry... I... I... Don't want you to be afraid of me. I was only trying to help you... can we please just... start over?" Kennith stayed a good distance away as he spoke, not even trying to get closer to the boy lest he run away and possible hurt himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2015, 11:19 pm

Sullab looks at the boy from his bow form. What is he going to do to me? It's only when he hears the boy begin to speak in a distressed tone that he begins to calm down. He sees the worry on the flaming headed kids face, and slowly comes out of bow form. He sits on the floor and looks at the worried boy across from him. "I'm s-sorry I got scared. I din't mean to make you worry." He makes a quick decision in his head. "My n-name is Sullab." He stands up, leaning on the column behind him, shakily extending his hand.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2015, 5:37 pm

Kennith was relieved to see the bow turn back to his human form, so much though that he let out a relieved sigh as he heard the boy state his name was Sullab and he leaned against a column on the wall. As the boy reached his hand out to Kennith, although shakily Kennith slowly walked over to Sullab and reluctantly took his hand in his and shook it twice. "Nice to meet you Sullab." Kennith said with a nervous smile. He had no idea that he would ever be so feared, even if only for a moment. Kennith made a mental note that showing his abilities to strangers so early on wasn't the best thing to do in every situation. It was different with Nimba... when he showed it to her, she had already showed hers to him so it was more comforting than threatening. Once again his blood seemed to like to torture him.

Kennith brought his hand back after the greeting and looked down at the ground nervously. "I'm uh, sorry... I wasn't trying to scare you... I guess I'm not very good at being... straightforward... eh heh... umm so..." It was then that Kennith heard a timer go off in the kitchen and he suddenly turned. He started to speed walk past the table he placed his oven mits on as he sped into the kitchen. "Sorry, I'll be right back!" Kennith then put on his mits and proceeded to carefully remove the ham from the oven after turning it off. He then placed it on the counter and proceeded to cut it up into two decent sized steaks that he set on plates and brought out to the table closest to Sullab with utensils to dine with.

Kennith set the dishes on the table nicely with the silverware and looked at Sullab. "Umm, would you like to help me taste test?" He asked shyly not sure exactly what he should do at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2015, 6:33 pm

Sullab looks down at the large slice of ham, eyes disbelieving. The cupcakes had been nice, but this. This was incredible. He had never seen a slice of meat as big as this. At least not one meant for him. He looks up at the boy, eyes wide. "T-thank y-you." He stutters out, mind still working on believing the sight in front of him. A voice nags him in the back of his head. This is some kind of trick, run while you can. Fighting the urge to scram, he gently picks up the knife and fork. He had never been taught to use them, but now was as good a time as any to figure it out. He awkwardly grasp the tools and went to work on the pork. The meat melted in his mouth, the honey glazing mixing succulently with the ham. He had never tastes anything this warm, this fresh, this good in his life. He chows down, enjoying the warm meal.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2015, 4:28 pm

Kennith smiled at Sullab when he was thanked. "You're more than welcome friend." He said cheerful and enthusiastic as he carved off a square of the ham like he was in a fancy restaurant. He then brought the cube to his mouth and chewed it thoroughly. He actually really loved the taste of it. It was juicy, almost like it was a liquid but it was also sweet, and slightly... bitter, maybe, from the natural taste of the ham. Grading his cooking as if his life depended on perfect.

"It's a bit of a strange taste with the ham, but it's really juicy and sweet. I guess I just gotta eat some more meats to get used to it." He chuckled a bit before pointing his fork towards Sullab's plate as if he was holding a pencil in his fingers. Not reaching mind you but simply pointing with the fork. "What do you think of it?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2015, 11:42 pm

ooc: sorry ive been gone away a few weeks but im back now

Sullab keeps eating the succulent ham, not judging it in the slightest. It would have been delicious if it was a week old and covered in flies. He briefly panics when Kennith reaches for his plate, but his fears are removed after he starts talking. "Its.. Its wonderful. T-Thank you so much. I can never repay you." He goes back to eating his slice, finishing it off. He wouldn't have to worry about food for at least a few days now. Good news. He looks at the boy across from him, and his mouth starts moving before his mind does. "So, your a student here at the Academy?" he ask. His feels a stone drop into his stomach when he realizes how suspicious he sounds, and silently hopes he doesn't notice.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2015, 10:57 am

Kennith places his utensil down and gives a weak smile as he is thanked by Sullab. Inside though he felt pained, just thinking about what he must had suffered on the streets. Kennith wasn't sure how he had survived seeing as how he couldn't imagine living in the same conditions as Sullab. His pained thoughts ceased for a moment however when Sullab asked his question. With a grin and a nod Kennith answered appropriately. "Yes I am, First year weapon. Me and my partner Matt have even went on a mission together."

Kennith said this proudly at first but was then left with an uneasy feeling in his heart when he remembered everything that happened that terrible day. How he almost lost his partner to a black mamba bite and were almost eaten alive by a giant monstrous anaconda ridden by a mad man. Kennith could feel his brow actually twitch from the sheer memory of it. "Umm, second thought... I'd rather not talk about that mission... I would like to know a bit more about you though. Have you ever considered maybe joining the Academy yourself?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2015, 6:16 pm

Sullab was in trouble, and he knew it. Judging by the kids last question, he had figured out he wasn't part of the Academy. Maybe if he just played it cool, he could get himself out of this mess.

"Oh, uh, actually, I'm, uh, a s-student at the Academy." he lied through his teeth. Years living on the streets had given him a sense of when things were getting dangerous, and alarm bells were going off in his head. He quickly glanced around, looking for any possible exits in case the kid tried to attack him. His eyes rested on the nearby door leading back outside, and he shifted to spring towards it if the need arose.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2015, 9:13 pm

OOC:

Upon Sullab's request, this thread has been revived from archives and the previous three posts have been removed. As GreyHearth has not been active on this thread for over a month and was unreachable after Sullab initially contacted me in regards to this thread, his post has essentially been removed from existence both IC and OOC. Users are to continue this RP from the post directly above mine onward. Should any further problems arise, they may be directed towards me.

No, this previous three posts cannot be revived as there is no way to do so through Forumotion's coding or options. They are dead, deleted, and removed from existence completely.

Now, if you please, carry on.

-Admin. Lani
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2015, 6:11 pm

A sense of helplessness hit Kennith hard, a familiar feeling throughout his life. Whatever was going on with Sullab he wasn't budging an inch. It's hard to comprehend really but he was more paranoid then Kennith even was. Was there any way to get through to him? To help him? Should Kennith just back off or should he keep trying? Sometimes people just didn't want to bring up their past, Kennith could understand that, but his overwhelming feeling to help those in need was itching at him constantly through this whole ordeal.

Kennith then donned an awkward frown. "You're, not very comfortable with me are you?" Kennith rested both hands on his knees under the table. "I'm sorry... I mean, for prying... you have a right to your privacy. I just, was trying to help but... maybe I'm just being selfish..." Kennith looked down at his hands and just stared for a moment, not knowing what to do next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2015, 11:29 pm

Sullab looked at the table. He hadn't meant to hurt the guys feelings. He just didn't want o get caught. But now... Sulab sighed. He wasn't used to be on either side of the comforting equation, but now was a good enough time to learn.

"H-hey, it's ok. You didn't do anything w-wrong. It's alright." Well, there goes my promising career as a therapist. "I'm not very comfortable with m-most people, you didn't do anything wrong..."
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2015, 12:01 am

Kennith looked back up at Sullab with a half smile. He still felt bad about prying into Sullab's business. He rubbed the back of his head and chuckled a little. "Well... I hope that one day I can earn your complete trust. I honestly just want to help... so maybe we can... be, friends?" Kennith asked nervously hoping he wouldn't end up freaking Sullab out again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2015, 11:49 pm

'Uh..." He had never really been in this position before. But at least the guy was done interrogating him about his life at the Academy. Good news there. He keeps staring at his plate in front of him, wishing he would disappear as fast as the meat had.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2015, 1:03 am

Kennith waved his hands in front of him. "I-It's okay, you don't have to answer right away, really." Kennith then put his hands down on his lap and looked down at his own plate. As a moment passes and Kennith shuffles his boots around on the floor Kennith wonders what to talk about next. It was a bit difficult seeing as Sullab freaked out over the simplest things. It reminded Kennith of himself actually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2016, 8:25 pm

(sorry. absolutly forgot about this thread. also, as its kinda gotten stale, im gonna make this post the last one. hope you understand)

Sullab was getting very uncomfortable. This was not how he had wanted this night to go at all. He needed to leave. Immediately.

He stood up quickly. "Sorry, I h-have to go.... do something. Y-yeah. Bye". He turned and nearly ran out of the room as fast as he could. Something in the back of his mind told him to stay and keep talking with the boy. He told that part of his mind to shut up.

He stepped through the door and back into the streets of Death City. He walked off into the gloomy night, casting no glances behind him.

(thanks for doing this thread with me. ciao)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Snack (Open)   Midnight Snack (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Midnight Snack (Open)
Page 1 of 1