Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Becoming A Death Scythe

Go down 
3 posters

Should A Weapon Be Required To Obtain All Souls Needed To Become A Death Scythe?
Yes
Becoming A Death Scythe I_vote_lcap71%Becoming A Death Scythe I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 12 ]
No
Becoming A Death Scythe I_vote_lcap29%Becoming A Death Scythe I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage

Becoming A Death Scythe Empty
PostSubject: Becoming A Death Scythe   Becoming A Death Scythe I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 5:19 pm

Okay, something has been brought to my attention and i personally think that it should be taken care of. Admins, Mods, and all other SERP members, you all claim that this is the best site. I say yes and no, yes because of how maintained the power levels are. No because of how they can be obtained. In the original show of "Soul Eater", a Death Scythe is define as a weapon that has obtained the necessary requirements to become a Death Scythe, which is gaining 99 Kishin Souls and 1 Witch Soul. This can be done with or without a partner, yes it is possible to obtain thia rank alone, but it is more difficult. There is only one person that has ever done this and he is a canon character who goes by the name of Justin Law also known as "The Executioner". Justin is the youngest person to have ever achieved the rank of Death Scythe at the age of 17. He did this by working hard, training hard, and never giving up. My point is is that he was able to obtain all of the souls he needed to be able to ascend to the rank of Death Scythe. My point in this argument is that you should have to work to become that powerful. Someone on this website could roleplay for entire month trying to get the souls he/she needs to become a death scythe and then some newcomer can just jump on and make a "interesting" looking app and be accepted. It is not fair to everyone else. Someone wishing to make a Death Scythe should have to have a base level weapon and work to obtain all of the souls required to become Death Scythe and then they must submit their character to be a Death Scythe, which must be looked over by an Admin or Mod and they should determine whether the character has met all of the mandatory requirements to become a Death Scythe. Then only then could they be a Death Scythe. If you do believe that this site should live up to the original Soul Eater standards, you would address this issue and enforce the rule. Thank you for taking time to read this. Have A Good Day
Back to top Go down
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

PostSubject: Re: Becoming A Death Scythe   Becoming A Death Scythe I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 5:26 pm

For Rping quality I voted yes, but it should count for demon blades too. I'm just saying that wouldn't you rather have the pride of knowing you earned that soul, knowing that during that mission you actually developed your abilities and skills? Wouldn't you want to look back at all the exciting threads you've been in that involved you developed your character? If you came here to roleplay then roleplay, training and missions are the most exciting threads too, so why would you want to miss out on that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Becoming A Death Scythe   Becoming A Death Scythe I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 5:32 pm

Exactly, that is another good point. It's all about the fundamentals, wouldn't you want to spend time gaining all of the souls rather then the character just be handed to you on a silver platter? Just think about all of the experiences your character would have gone through trying to get all of the souls he/she needs to become a Death Scythe and by the end of it, your character would have developed massively.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Becoming A Death Scythe   Becoming A Death Scythe I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 6:23 pm

I am a bit of a shy one myself so I usually tend to dodge out on missions a lot when I feel my characters are not up to the task which happens to be a lot, but I really find progress one of the important parts of a role-play, you don't need to have a fully build character right of the bat. If you can take the time to grow with a certain character it will feel more natural to do so, and it gives you time to think about and reflect on what kind of abilities you want your character to have. It's a very good way to flesh out a character a bit more than just making that one generic bad-ass with some abilities from which you later might regret ever giving them those abilities because they might be tedious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Becoming A Death Scythe   Becoming A Death Scythe I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 7:26 pm

I'm not really here to state an opinion here, as I'm not the most established here (I'm trying hard though). But I do have to ask what should happen to all of the current Death Scythes if this goes through?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Becoming A Death Scythe   Becoming A Death Scythe I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 7:35 pm

I also want to add to this that some people tend to forget about the personality of their overall character and just look at whatever the character can do. Therefore they can see really bland, and just be some person who exists solely for fighting and that can quickly make a character quite boring. Besides the point, just having a strong character can be frustrating for other RP'ers whom put time into actually bringing up a personality along with abilities that fit with such character. And can also stimulate people who are new to RP to also make characters with only a set of very strong abilities without any thought on the person around it.
Back to top Go down
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

PostSubject: Re: Becoming A Death Scythe   Becoming A Death Scythe I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 7:51 pm

I would believe that current Death Scythes and Demon blades can be kept by their creators, this would most likely be for future reference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Becoming A Death Scythe   Becoming A Death Scythe I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 8:01 pm

Personally, I think they should look at anyone who recently got a Death Scythe should have it revoked and deranked to a basic weapon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Becoming A Death Scythe   Becoming A Death Scythe I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 8:10 pm

I think that people that recently made Death Scythes that have been approved should be able to keep them. I mean they did work on the character and it was already approved by the staff (And it would suck for someone to just take it away just like that). And this rule is mainly for future reference, so I don't believe removals should be necessary.
Back to top Go down
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

PostSubject: Re: Becoming A Death Scythe   Becoming A Death Scythe I_icon_minitimeJune 17th 2015, 8:14 pm

I agree with Hektor, they already spent all the time making the bio, why make them delete it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Becoming A Death Scythe   Becoming A Death Scythe I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 1:45 pm

I'm saying, they can keep they character and everything about it. Just lose its rank as Death Scythe and the op-ness that comes with it. It's not really much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Becoming A Death Scythe   Becoming A Death Scythe I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 2:27 pm

I think that they should be able to keep their Death Scythe rank, it's most likely already a part of their history in some way. And besides it's not like there are an abundance of recently made Death Scythes, so there would be no reason to revoke them.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Becoming A Death Scythe   Becoming A Death Scythe I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 4:04 pm

I completely agree with and support everything here; however I doubt the other admins will agree. I built Nebun from a basic dark weapon all the way up to his current state. As a result, he is one of my best and most xperience-filled characters to date.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Becoming A Death Scythe   Becoming A Death Scythe I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2015, 6:29 pm

I think stripping already made characters of their rank as Death Scythe is a bit unfair to them, and might cause a bit of hate. I'm voting yes, but existing characters should not be changed. Especially since that would harm the causality continuum of this site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Becoming A Death Scythe   Becoming A Death Scythe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Becoming A Death Scythe
Page 1 of 1