Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2015, 11:49 am

"Just, ah," Harrison interjected, trying to provide her with an out that even he could tell she needed, "try and hurry, yeah? First aid is important and all, but I want you too. Want to see you, I mean. Not that I don't want you, you're delightful and gorgeous and..." He trailed off, cheeks blazing and heart pounding like a war drum in his chest. "I'll, ah...see you soon."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2015, 11:54 am

Her cheeks reddened, but switching the territory from emotional to physical would have been an easy enough out, had they not both been so thoroughly flustered and her not busy dumping pasta noodles into too-small containers, resisting the urge to curse at her negligence. "Yeah," she said, rummaging through plastic throw-aways, "See ya soon. Don't die on me. Ah... bye? Shit!" As if on queue for the farewell, the phone hit the floor, or rather, her toe, slamming the 'End Call' button in the process. Muttering to herself, she pulled out one of the bigger containers, tossing the others carelessly inside to worry about later before redistributing the damned noodles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2015, 12:02 pm

Harrison stammered as the phone emitted a string of curses, followed by the characteristic sound of an ended call. He slid the phone delicately onto the desk, sinking lower into the chair as he pressed his palms to his eyes. Well that was brilliant, the meister thought to himself, all but unaware of the second body in the room.

"It should say something that I could only hear half of the call, but feel all of the awkwardness," Ezra said with a grin, leaning against the doorframe. The weapon had dispelled his usual attire for a pair of pajama pants and a thin, black tank top, though he had not forgone the grin he tended to flash at his brother's misadventures.

"Quiet. I was just, ah...just put on your big boy manners, yeah? We're having company."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2015, 12:08 pm

Several languages of cursing, a large tub of pasta, a box of granola bars, ten minutes of trying to find a damn pair of converse, and an additional five minutes of hunting down her keys (discarded on a bookshelf upstairs from where she'd tossed them in a bag) later, and she had finally managed to head out of the house. Punctuality abandoned, she showed up with her face more red than the fringe she'd previously dyed out of her hair. She had half a granola bar in one hand, with a crinkle bag that held the pasta, three books, her keys, and a rather advanced looking first-aid kit balanced by the handles at her elbow. The other hand had hit the door in a bit of a "dun-dun-da-dun-dun" (dun-dun! her brain finished for her) manner as she waited, unwillng to break the social norm by merely opening it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2015, 12:11 pm

Ezra pulled the door open, peering at the young woman standing at the other end with a mix of curiosity and mockery. Small of frame, with raven hair and numerous piercings, she stared back with an equal mix of steadfastness and exasperation.

"Ahh, I should have guessed as to who his company should be," the weapon teased with a grin. "It's not as though he would have called a medical professional to take care of the blood he's been getting all over my bathroom."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2015, 12:14 pm

The barest hint of a squeak escaped her as the thought of him bleeding out re-entered her mind, and she looked around him near-frantically. "Can I just go, please...?" There was a desperation in her voice that she would surely pay for later, but as it stood, he had her worrying more than was probably necessary, even if she knew it. "Hello and all that nonsense to ya, Ezra, but I really-"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2015, 12:22 pm

Ezra rolled his eyes, nudging the door open with his heel and stepping aside. "Third door on the right. Don't step on my cat." He slid away from the doorframe, ducking off into a side hall with a barely audible huff.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2015, 12:26 pm

Eve took off as though she hadn't even been standing there in the first place, making her way into the room noted without even realizing she had moved. Her blue eyes showed worry despite how much she'd already managed to steel and re-harden her expression, though something about the granola bar remaining half-eaten in her off-hand ruined the image more than a little bit. "...Harrison?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2015, 12:42 pm

Harrison sat up, gingerly moving to his feet as he stood to face Eve. For a moment, all he could focus on was her and the heat of the fireplace licking at his torso. "Evelyn...hi..." He laughed quietly at the image that had been painted around him. "I look a lot better when I'm not weary or wrapped up like a Christmas present."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2015, 1:09 pm

Her heart rate and breathing steadily slowed as she visibly relaxed, tension she didn't even realize she was carrying in her shoulders releasing. Letting out the sigh she'd tried to fight, she set down the bag, popping the granola bar in her mouth as she grabbed the kit, brow raised. Unzipping it and setting it in front of her, she pointed at him with her right hand, following the gesture up with pointer fingers of both hands parallel-circling each other.

Do you sign?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2015, 1:39 pm

He stayed silent for a moment, allowing the gestures to trickle meaning into his mind. He held a fist forward, rubbing his thumb and forefinger together.

A bit. He followed the motion with a nod, knowing that she could discern his words, but reinforcing them nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2015, 1:42 pm

A nod followed as she chewed away at the food, rubbing her fingers together to indicate temporary before setting about pulling out what she'd need, including a heavy amount of gauze. Her expression was slowly softening, a smile forming as her eyes drifted back and forth between her work and him, relaxation coming far easier and smoother, now.

ooc:

http://www.handspeak.com/word/search/index.php?id=2174
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2015, 2:04 pm

Harrison eased himself to the hardwood, settling into a comfortable position. Fingers fumbled with the medical tape as he delicately peeled back the dressing, revealing a jagged laceration extending from his collarbone to his shoulder blade. He looked up at her, offering warm eyes but a slight shrug and grimace.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2016, 7:45 pm

Evelyn's gaze softened further as she knelt, setting her supplies aside and examining the wound. It seemed almost as though she was ignoring, or else just generally missing his gaze, but it was hard to say as she set about her work. Fingers gently glided along the outer edge, observing the area and testing it for tenderness, focus clearly too high, as evidenced by the fact that she was paying so much attention that she was losing said attention and focusing more on him than the task, face heating up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2016, 11:17 am

"I trust you not to make me look like Frankenstein's monster," Harrison admitted with a strained chuckle. The laughter caught in his throat as her fingers trailed over the wound and surrounding burn patches. Eyes closed and muscles tensed beneath her touch, comfortable but prepared for the onset of pain. "Have you had to do this much?"
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2016, 10:09 pm

A shrug followed as she began to lay out supplies --- ointment, bandages, disinfectant, etc. "I'm used to doctoring people up, if that's what you mean. I work with the nurse and with the foreign-exchange program when I'm actually at the school." She retrieved a cotton swab, dampening it with disinfectant and showing him before sliding it along the burn's edge. "Other than that, I've had first aid and CPR training, along with a bunch of other random 'fun' training because my parents got bored with their money while I was trying to read."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 3:14 pm

Harrison pushed a smirk through the grimace lining his face, shoulder tensing under the slight sting of disinfectant. "So your parents got bored and turned you into a field medic...how charming. My father just drank when he was bored."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 3:16 pm

"Also a dancer, a singer, a babysitter, junior scientist, and a girl scout. That's just the stuff I'll admit to." She looked up from her work, soaking a bandage in disinfectant and holding it, not ready to work on the main area. "A drunk?" She inquired, forgoing tact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 3:30 pm

"He would tell you that it was by necessity and not choice," Harrison admitted with a shrug. "He used to be a firefighter in one of the busier precincts in Seattle. One evening, they were called out to an electrical fire down by the stockyards...a live wire had dislodged and was spitting sparks every which way. It found a catch and it spread...by the end of it, it had burned two apartment complexes to the ground and killed seven people...two of them children and another a fellow firefighter. That night broke him. He found his comforts in the bottom of a bottle and found his outlet in his wrath."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 3:37 pm

Evelyn hesitated, trying to distinguish what was going through her mind as she nodded to the burn, laying the bandage on it and pressing just slightly to help to clean it. "How long did that carry on?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 5:12 pm

"Five years," Harrison murmured with an uncertain air. "Give or take. I caught a particularly vicious side of him after trying to stand between him and Ezra. I ended up in the hospital. I ran away after that...I was all of seventeen."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 10:54 pm

"And... Ezra?" She asked, continuing her work, eyes focused perhaps too intently on it. "What happened to him, then?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2016, 1:23 pm

"I," Harrison started, his sentence trailing into oblivion. His eyes fell to the floor, the radiance quickly subsiding from them. Muscles knotted beneath his skin and his voice fell to a dull, throaty rasp. "I didn't take him with me. I had no idea what I was doing and I didn't want to risk my situation being worse for him than the one we were already in. I left my little brother behind..."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2016, 3:12 pm

A hesitation followed in her healings, blue eyes lifting their gaze to his own, studying him for what seemed like ages. There was a pang that had struck against her heart strings, a knowing ache for the protection and safety of family, coupled with the added knowledge of the difficulty of achieving, let alone maintaining, such. She studied him, silent for a long while before speaking once more, "How did he find you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2016, 3:45 pm

"I don't know," Harrison admitted quietly, leaning to one side to ease himself up, shuffling slowly to stand before the fire. His arms fell loosely to either side, shoulder slacking under the strain of unseen weight. "The friend I had moved in with left for a long-term mission, so anyone else would have logically downsized. But I stayed here...bedroom open, in case I could ever come back for him. I expected to come back for him. What I didn't expect was for him to find me. But there he was, rain and anger alike dripping from him..." The meister's words trailed away as fire danced in solemn eyes, hands clenching into pale-knuckled fists.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)   A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Linguist's Studies (Request to join; T for caution... oh and Teen)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next