Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) Empty
PostSubject: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 1:47 pm

Addy tucked a few dollars into her pocket to grab breakfast on her way to class, pushing her black-rimmed sunglasses up on her nose, trying to block out every semblance of light. She pulled a beanie from her closet, trying to mash it down to cover the stitched together gash on her forehead, slung her backpack over her shoulder, and locked the door behind her as she stepped out onto the sidewalk. Her car had been left at the school the previous day due to the odd occurrences at lunch, so she had gotten up early to simply walk.

She hugged her sweatshirt around her shoulders, blonde hair flicking out under her hat, and her headphones jammed over her ears. She muttered to herself, her head throbbing with the migraine she had woken up to as she walked. She flicked her phone out of her pocket, swiping across the bottom and opening her messages. Nothing new was in the inbox, and somehow that made her worry as to whether or not Ezra had made it out okay from his own beating. She let her thumbs go over the keyboard, but paused, locking her screen back and shoving her phone in her pocket before she sent the message.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 2:35 pm

Ezra slid into the parking space opposite the apartment complex with an uneasy halt. Though the weapon had insisted he was functioning well enough to drive, he couldn't hide spasms of pain periodically lancing through his ribs nor could he conceal the discoloration that marked his face like a spectrum of violence. The thin-rimmed glasses offered protection from the irritation of sunlight, but the frames rested directly upon the gashes under his cheeks. Despite it, he had insisted upon retrieving Addy from her apartment the next morning in order to shuttle her back to the DWMA. In hindsight, he cursed Harrison for holding anyone plagued by his level of delirium to his word, but he had made the promise nonetheless. And so, he sat in a partially-reclined seat, waiting impatiently for a woman who may not even leave the bed today.

...I should have never volunteered to be up at the ass crack of dawn for this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 2:39 pm

Addy pulled one headphone off of her ear, staring incredulously at the car before her, "Ezra? That you?" She shook her head, smirking, "And here I thought I'd be the only one looking ugly in class today."

She leaned forward into the window, "Nice ride. How's the back seat?" she winked through her sunglasses, then winced, "Ouch..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 3:16 pm

Ezra tipped the bridge of his glasses down with one finger, eyeing her over the tops of the frames. "It's a little cramped, but there's no blood in the backseat, so we can assume it has the advantage." He looked her up and down once before pushing the frames back up his nose. "You look a little worse for wear, don't you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 3:18 pm

Addy shrugged, "Least my face is still intact. Better than I can say for you." she smirked, "Did you just come to say howdy?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 3:24 pm

"As tempting as the notion was, no," Ezra murmured curtly, adjusting his sunglasses to reduce the irritation in his cheeks. "In your extravagant display of belligerence yesterday, you left your car at the school. So I volunteered to be your carpool buddy. I doubt you'd have made it all the way to the DWMA otherwise."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 3:27 pm

"You mean my extravagant display of ass-kicking." she smirked, going around to the other side of the car and hopping in the front seat. As she settled in, her sunglasses dipped down and she quickly shoved them back up, deep bags under her eyes and a brief look of absolute exhaustion crossed over her, "I'm a champ." she smiled, though it had less impact now, "I could have handled it. Not gonna turn the ride down though."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 3:35 pm

"You handled it because you had my brother for a partner," the weapon retorted, shifting the car into gear and pulling away from the curb. He rested one hand on the wheel, letting the other arm drift lazily to the center console. "Take it from someone who hates to admit when he is correct...that bookworm knew what he was doing. Neither of us would have thought of something like ice expansion on the fly and we'd both be picking rubble out of our asses without him." He huffed, a trace of indignant irritation creeping into his voice. "Smartass."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 3:42 pm

Addy sighed, letting her facade fall and the pain settle into her face and shoulders, dropping the headphones down to rest on her neck, "Yeah... Saved my ass back there is what he did. Sorry, I couldn't let some dude just wail on your face and walk away a little frosty for it. He takes a fist to my friend, I take one to his. Didn't expect all that sandy stuff though. That one is new." she stretched her fingers out, each joint cracking on its own. "My dad seems to like you guys too. Can't say as I recall too much on introductions, but whatever. My memory's been hazy lately anyways."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 5:08 pm

"Has it, now?" Ezra murmured, brows raising above the frames of his glasses as he peered over at her, hands holding the car steady as they eased down a steep incline. "I had figured you were a little out of it, but I have to wonder what is missing from your recollection of yesterday's events."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2016, 5:46 pm

Addy chuckled, giving a casual shrug and wince combo, "Uhhh... I remember feeling faint and giving Harrison my phone for the address.. And that's all I remembered until dad was stitching me up."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2016, 1:21 pm

Ezra slid a finger beneath the bridge of his glasses, whipping them off and tucking them into the center console. Wide eyes stained with equal parts surprise and curiosity looked her over as a smug grin crept over his lips. "You don't remember...anything?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2016, 1:57 pm

Addy frowned a bit, "No, and that concerns me that the fact seems to excite you." she slouched a bit in the seat, bones, or something anyways, cracking a bit as she winced, "And I'm not in the mood to be taunted about it. Dad's been up my ass all day and I'm already annoyed. Annoyed, and getting a migraine."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2016, 2:07 pm

"One can only wonder what makes a man worry about his own reckless daughter," Ezra murmured, each word laced in sarcasm as they left his lips. "In any sense, I would never taunt you about your potentially-embarrassing slips of the tongue. I'm too polite for that."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2016, 2:15 pm

Addy stiffened a bit, turning to face him and pulling her sunglasses sharply from her face, "What did I say." she almost ordered the words, glaring him down in both fear and dominance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2016, 2:42 pm

"I heard what you said," Ezra replied curtly, issuing a dull snort. "Whether I listened is a different matter. Harrison says my stubbornness is infuriating, but I think it's rather endearing." He eyed the woman for a moment, clicking his tongue in his cheek before looking back to the road, pulling his sunglasses back over his eyes. "Cute trick. I bet that tone works on most people, huh?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2016, 2:45 pm

Addy grumbled, leaning back into her seat and propping her feet on the dash, "Generally. Though it's no trick. You're gonna get it later." She muttered, pushing her blonde hair off of her brow with a sigh, "I'm too tired for it right now."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2016, 2:52 pm

"One can only hope," the weapon murmured, rolling his shoulders back to ease the knots collected beneath the skin. "I'm sorry. Just hoping to make conversation and keep you in the moment. My brother likes to remind me that the world keeps turning whether or not we turn with it and I do like to keep up."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2016, 3:38 pm

Addy shrugged, looking out the window, "Conversation, huh..? So do all siblings bicker like you guys, or do you two have beef?" She smirked, "I'm an only child, so I wouldn't know."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2016, 3:49 pm

"You could say that," he grumbled irritably, slowing to the red light ahead of them with a short jolt. "The lovely prodigal brother who never came home...it's a riveting story, believe me. I can't change what happened and he is trying to make up for it...but some medication just dulls the pain. It doesn't heal the wound."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2016, 4:34 pm

"Abandonment issues, then, huh?" She asked, looking at a couple walking a dog just outside, "Must suck." She mused, a slight bitter tinge to her voice as she stared outside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2016, 4:26 pm

Ezra eyed her from over the top of the frames, biting his tongue before the questions burning in his chest scorched his lips. "Yeah," he murmured, feeling the words stagger from him. "It does."

Turning onto a flat stretch of road, the weapon eyed the DWMA as it quietly rose to dominate the skyline. Sunlight flickered over the coal-black hood of the Chevelle as it passed between buildings, streaking across the paint like stripes of fire. "What's on the agenda for the day, hot rod?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2016, 4:41 pm

"Go to class, don't get killed at lunch..." She mused, "Also not to have my head explode, though I'm sure yours isn't much better." She scratched at the back of her calf as she glanced over at Ezra, "Look, I'm sorry to get into the deep talk. Especially while you feel like shit. I know it sucks to have people poking into your business, and for what it's worth, if I'd have known there was real shit in there, I wouldn't have asked you to open the box. Anything you want to tell me, you'll do on your own time, I'm sure. You're a good person. I know I don't know much of either of you, but putting up with me's gotta count for more than something."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2016, 4:46 pm

Ezra slid into an open space in the DWMA parking lot with theatrical timing, sliding his sunglasses off to look her over with a raised brow. "I'm flattered, he admitted, tucking the shades away and leaning to pull his jacket from the back. "Mostly by the fact that anyone would acknowledge me as a good person. In time, you might know what the beef is between my brother and I, but for now...we'll just settle on the truth that we don't get along all the time, but we still do well by one another."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2016, 4:49 pm

Addy slid out of the car, shoving her own sunglasses up on her nose with a wink, "Try not to pick any fights that'll get you killed before then? You've got a facinating..." She let her eyes clearly wander over his figure, "personality." She slung her backpack over her shoulder with a groan, "God, today is gonna suck."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)   Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Headache (Private; Beyril and Atlas)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next