Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is This a Mirage or Reality. (Spyder and I)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

Is This a Mirage or Reality. (Spyder and I) Empty
PostSubject: Is This a Mirage or Reality. (Spyder and I)   Is This a Mirage or Reality. (Spyder and I) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2016, 10:10 pm

Nevada Desert
7:43 PM

It had been an entire week since Lunartic had assassinated his target. During that time, he attempted to make his way through the desert to find his client and deliver her the photos of the mutilated body of Lunartic's victim. Unfortunately, the odds of him navigating the desert and surviving were growing slimmer and slimmer. He started his journey with an exceptional amount of food and water but he was quickly running low on his supplies. He ran out of food on the fourth night of his journey when he was sleeping thanks to shifty native animals. Lunartic would extract revenge for this however by hunting down some of these creatures for meals that he would happily cook up during chilly nights. As for water, he ended up having barely little more than a single sip on the fifth day. Because of this he had to ration it every single day afterwards.

The hot sun was scorching the sand that Lunartic walked upon now. If Lunartic didn't find any water soon, he was certain that he was going to die. All of a sudden, Lunartic felt his legs collapse under him, mostly likely due to dehydration. In response, Lunartic could only pull out a canteen and finish off the last of his water. He then turned his gaze out towards the setting sun which to Lunartic's surprise, he could make out the silhouette of an unknown figure. Upon further examination, Lunartic realized it was the silhouette of a person but the details of this person's face and physique were still very blurry. For all Lunartic could tell, it was probably nothing more but a plain mirage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is This a Mirage or Reality. (Spyder and I)   Is This a Mirage or Reality. (Spyder and I) I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2016, 10:10 am

Valkeer had made an amazing discovery. They hated living in the city with a burning passion. Sure, the occasional visits to get some coffee or meet new people are perfectly fine, but living there just drove them over the edge. So how would you fix this? Start living in the middle of the Nevada desert. A flawless plan. The fact that they had supplies literally delivered to them by hand definitely didn't hurt, either. They didn't necessarily need it, having lived for a surprising amount of time in the desert alone, but it's the luxuries in life that make it really worth living. After all the drama, and the dangerous rival sorcerers, and meddling teenagers, and just general stress, all they wanted to do was sit down and watch the desert sunset.

Which is, exactly what they were doing. The sorcerer carried a folded lawn-chair under their arm, with a feminine parasol leaning over their shoulder and protecting them from whatever sun was left, with a ruck-sack hanging from their side to top it all off. It was time for some rest and relaxation.
Until he saw him. Who did he think he was? Dying, and bringing down Valkeer's mood, while they were only trying to chill. God, they would give him a piece of their mind.
"What do you bloody think you're doing out here, then?" The sorcerer had called as they got closer, becoming more distinct with every step. Apparently, they had decided to change into a male for now, wearing a polo shirt and shades.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Is This a Mirage or Reality. (Spyder and I)   Is This a Mirage or Reality. (Spyder and I) I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2016, 5:55 pm

With each step the figure took towards Lunartic, its form became more distinct and complex. He appeared to be a masculine man with a polo shirt and shades, Lunartic could've sworn that he belonged somewhere else like a beach instead of right here in the middle of the desert. Nonetheless, Lunartic was glad he was here to the point of being eccentric in fact. A smile crept over Lunartic's mouth before it quickly faded away. This man could be his only ticket to survival but he could also very likely be a sure fire sign that Lunartic was more delusional than he had thought himself to be. Albeit, this wouldn't exactly be the first time Lunartic had seen things that weren't actually there. After days of solitary confinement in one of Zera's cells, he would come up with imaginary friends that would keep him company. They however were far more colorful looking. Usually they had many different types of inhuman appendages, claws, fur all over their bodies, and even wings that poked right out of their backs. They would run away however, phasing through the roof or walls of Lunartic's cell. They'd demand that Lunartic followed them, but this would almost always lead to Lunartic ramming his face right into a concrete wall.

Now that he was technically free to roam the outside world without Zera constantly observing him, Lunartic has confidently dismissed those friends as figments of his ever deteriorating psyche. He would still occasionally see things but these would only ever appear in the corner of Lunartic's eyes, disappearing before Lunartic could even get a better look at them. To ensure that he wasn't just seeing things, Lunartic weakly reached his hand out to brush it against the figure's leg. It felt solid. Lunartic then gently grasped it, HE WAS real. "P-P-Please. I can't die yet... I can still be useful. There's still... So much I can do for others. I can't be a broken tool y-yet. For th-this reason... I can't afford to roll over and die. I need... W-Water.", Lunartic begged in a terribly hoarse voice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is This a Mirage or Reality. (Spyder and I)   Is This a Mirage or Reality. (Spyder and I) I_icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2016, 8:46 am

"Ugh, that's all you people I find in the desert ever talk about. Water this, 'I don't want to die' that, honestly it gets on my nerves sometimes." Of course, Valkeer was only screwing with him. Pulling his leg. 'Giving him the raw prawn' as some (one) countries say. Yes, Valkeer made it his business to find as many of these sorts of phrases as possible. Sure, the other may not have been wholly aware of this, but it would still be hilarious to see his reaction. In all honesty, the sorcerer knew exactly what he was going through. But mocking is infinitely more fun than helping.

Noting the current stage of dehydration the other was at, he could last a little longer. Which meant more time for screwing him over. "Look, if I'm bothered, I'll help you out. In a second. Maybe. Just give me a minute, okay? Walking out here was a LOT of effort." It really wasn't. No more than a foot away from the boy, Valkeer unfolded the lawn-chair from under his arm and laid it to face the sunset, continuing to hold the parasol over his shoulder and dumping the rucksack beside him.
"Y'know, people out here are usually too busy dying of dehydration to appreciate the beauty of the sunset."
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Is This a Mirage or Reality. (Spyder and I)   Is This a Mirage or Reality. (Spyder and I) I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2016, 1:17 am

Lunartic was almost in complete disbelief at how well the man before him nonchalantly mocked his pleas for help. It wasn't like Lunartic was asking for much, just a bit of water. It was evident from the stranger's appearance alone that he was well nourished. That was a sign that he most probably had resources such as food and water. As to how much this stranger possessed was still an unknown factor. Lunartic didn't care that this man seemed to be unreasonably cruel to him. What really bothered him was the fact that he could die and be unable to deliver the photos to his client. He only wished to make her happy. Joy was something that Lunartic revered above all other things. Not so much for himself but from others. Feeling needed gave Lunartic purpose in his life. Lunartic was willing to be an instrument of murder for the sake of the joy his employers felt when what they wanted was finally achieved.

Zera taught Lunartic this, stating that life would be paradise if everyone could feel nothing but joy. When she first found Lunartic, she attempted to break him down and reprogram him. She tried everything she could to erase his sorrows, anger, and anxiety, beating him everytime he even dared to frown. It never shown any results but nonetheless, she would find a purpose for him. It didn't matter anymore that Lunartic couldn't stay happy forever. Instead he would kill for others' enjoyment. It didn't matter if his cause didn't make any sense to others, because it made sense to him alone. This was way he couldn't die, he felt that his purpose wasn't quite yet fulfilled. With this locked into his mind, he lifted his arm up and turned it into a chain that would shoot out and form a hook in front of the stranger's throat. It was a mere few inches away from his throat, but what would truly add to its intimidation factor was Lunartic activating his Crimson blade ability. This caused his chain to become enveloped with red the shade of which was quite nearly equivalent to that of blood. "The sun ... Is indeed beautiful but I have ... More important matters to focus on. Please, I'd prefer... Not to kill someone... If I don't have to."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is This a Mirage or Reality. (Spyder and I)   Is This a Mirage or Reality. (Spyder and I) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is This a Mirage or Reality. (Spyder and I)
Page 1 of 1