Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Fan character question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member

PostSubject: Fan character question   June 23rd 2016, 2:32 pm

Eeeh, I couldn't find the question section, but I have a feeling this could be in a better place, buuuuttt..

I remember a rule about people being unable to rip entire characters from a show, but I wanted a character that would technically do that either way he was brought here... Let me explain. I wanted to bring an evil technology genius, who's actually very clumsy, lacks common sense, and is basically as strong as a scrawny teenager because he is, over. I know I couldn't take certain things in the history or alter it to fit to the Soul Eater universe, but ability wise, all he's good at is being a lackey and building complex machines.

(The only reason I want to bring him over is because I have an actual fan character that I could easily edit the history with, and they would be a team). 

The character I'm talking about is Jack Spicer from Xiaolin Showdown, he lives in his parent's basement, and doesn't have much going for him n whatnot, so not necessarily sure how much I'd be able to edit his stuff to fit in with the Soul Eater universe, it wouldn't be much because he doesn't have much...

So I just wanted to know the limit of how much you could use use as from a show to build your character, because I like his personality, his unrealistic goal, and the fact that he's technical savvy, but I feel If I keep the things I like it would feel like I didn't add much originality....
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fan character question   June 23rd 2016, 4:11 pm

Taking 1:1 rips isn't allowed. Basing a character off of something else, on the other hand, is fine. Just make then different enough that it's original.

Back to top Go down

Fan character question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1