Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 18th 2017, 11:46 pm

She walked them over to her coupe, turning it on and double checking, out of habit, that the convertible top was completely in place. "Are you sure?" Eve asked as she buckled up her seat, Marc doing the same as he sat in the back, allowing Courtney shotgun.

Back to top Go down
Lethein
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 18th 2017, 11:55 pm

"Yeah, it's fine." She said, leaning back in the seat and buckling herself in, leaning towards the window a bit.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 18th 2017, 11:56 pm

She nodded, immediately setting about driving to the school. There'd be a bit of a walk once there, of course, but it wasn't anything that she specifically minded. Reaching out, she turned the radio on, allowing it on its bluetooth setting in case Courtney wanted to put something on.

Back to top Go down
Lethein
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 19th 2017, 12:01 am

Courtney was more focused on the city passing beside them, her hand sliding out the open window to let the wind carry it up and down as she angled it.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 19th 2017, 12:10 am

Even though she didn't take Eve up on the silent offer, she still left the radio setting as it was, instead enjoying the silence as she drove the short distance back to the academy. In the back, Marc continued to mess with his phone, looking through articles involving Death City and NYC alike, as well as everywhere in between. Seemingly both disappointed and satisfied with his searches, he pocketed the device just before they pulled into a parking space.

Back to top Go down
Lethein
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 19th 2017, 12:14 am

Courtney unbuckled herself and stood, looking up at the stairs before adjusting her sleeves. "Quick way, or the hard way?" She asked, looking over at Evelyn. With only a few seconds, she could have them flying up the stairs, rather than walking. Marc would have to either be carried, or walk.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 21st 2017, 10:09 am

Eve looked over at Marc, unsure; she couldn't wield two weapons at one time. Besides which, Marc and her usually had no issues with the stairs. "i don't care," she said, waving to Marc. "He has to walk, either way."

Back to top Go down
Lethein
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 22nd 2017, 12:17 am

"Technically the suit has enough power to lift him. What do you weigh, 150?" She asked, eyeing Marc up and down, before a sly smirk pulled at her lips. "Probably a little less after last night..."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 25th 2017, 12:20 am

"Actually, I-" her follow-up words stopped him short and he shut his mouth quickly, blushing softly but chuckling at her. "Fine, whatever you say..." The fellow weapon said, submitting to his fate.

Evelyn merely shook her head.

Back to top Go down
Lethein
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 25th 2017, 12:48 am

Courtney took a deep breath, and then began to glow, appearing around Evelyn in her armored state. The suit took a few moments to fully power itself on, the Soul Drive humming and then beginning to spin, soft particles the color of Evelyn's soul floating from it a short distance and then vanishing. Courtney appeared on Evelyn's HUD, dressed once more in that skin tight circuit pattern outfit. "Resonance rate, 91%. Armor seals engage. Flight system operational." The eyes on the suit began to glow, and Evelyn would find herself in full control of its movements.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 25th 2017, 12:52 am

Instantly, Eve began to test out it's movements: flexing her fingers, her legs, her arms, until she was satisfied with the limits of the suit's movements. Smirking slightly, she picked up Marc, holding him in his arms like one would a small child or a bride; it was surprising, really, as this seemed not to embarrass him. "Are you ready?" She asked the suit weapon, eyes darting to the mini version of her in the HUD interface.

Back to top Go down
Lethein
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 25th 2017, 12:58 am

Courtney let out a sigh and rolled her shoulders, and the actuators in the suit's shoulders seemed to flex as well in response. "Activating flight unit." She said, the drive on their back beginning to spin faster. Small thrusters on the legs began to burn, steadily lifting them in the air, unless Marc started freaking out.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 25th 2017, 1:20 am

Marc held Eve almost passively, not really paying attention to the action as he closed his eyes and reveled in the zero-gravity feeling. Evelyn, like few others, could wield him, and as a weapon, feeling almost as though he was suspended in zero gravity was a normal feel, though it came with a certain measure of trust. As such, Eve had long since achieved it, though he'd opted out of an actual partnership with her; her insecurities would not have allowed her to trust him, in light of the still burning disappearances in her life and the horrible track record she had with maintaining partnerships in the past, despite her intense desire to partner up again.

Saying nothing, Eve worked to direct the current of energy beneath her feet, relaxing herself into a state of calm that made synchronising with the weapon all the more easier. By this, she worked to fly the trio up to the Academy.

Back to top Go down
Lethein
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 25th 2017, 1:25 am

Courtney controlled the minutia of their flight, simply keeping them on the course that Evelyn wanted. She was more or less silent, standing off to the side to keep from distracting Evelyn. She was, in this form, more or less a glorified electronic assistant, after all.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 25th 2017, 10:11 am

Finally, they reached the top, a journey made unnecessarily long more because of the sheer distance of the stairs than by the newness of the weapon. Evelyn set Marc down beside her, him hopping the distance down when she released his legs. "So," Eve began, flexing her fingers again, "What all can you do?"

Back to top Go down
Lethein
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 25th 2017, 10:14 am

The Courtney on her HUD shrugged. "I can fly, I can protect you from harm, and in a crisis, I can make sure you get away." She said simply, leaning against the edge of Evelyn's field of view like it was a physical object. The clamps around the Soul Drive briefly flared outward, before clamping back down.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 25th 2017, 10:20 am

"Marc, what does the device in the back look like?" She asked, feeling the pulsating of her wavelength through it as she tested the connection of her and the weapon.

Obediently, he stepped around, looking at it curiously. "It looks like some sort of drive core, but it has a... rather intense particle effect." A moment passed where he paused, curious, "The particles are a deep blue, sort of like your eyes-"

She cut him off, grinning crookedly behind the visor, "It's my wavelength."

Back to top Go down
Lethein
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 25th 2017, 10:22 am

The stronger their connection, the faster the drive spun, and the more particles it threw out. "It's what lets us do what we do. Fly, move... It's my Soul Drive." Courtney said, smiling a little at the crooked grin.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 25th 2017, 10:30 am

"It's impressive," Eve said, testing it by fluctuating the amount of wavelength she shared with her. Marc watched it all the while, amused by her seeming to almost play with it.

Back to top Go down
Lethein
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 25th 2017, 10:33 am

Courtney kept quiet about the downsides. How a burst damaged her soul itself, how her greatest component was also her Achilles heel. How any use of the burst to get away from danger would really only save Evelyn.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 25th 2017, 10:36 am

Guiding the exchange back to a steady neutral, Eve began to focus on walking. It was awkward at first, as the extension from her own body was unfamiliar to her; her only previous experience with armor was chainmail, which was more like a very, very heavy piece of clothing.

Back to top Go down
Lethein
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 26th 2017, 7:20 pm

Courtney did her best to make sure that the experience wasn't too awkward for her meister. She took data on Evelyn's usual stride, and did her best to tailor the suits reactions to them.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 28th 2017, 7:40 pm

Their combined efforts worked well to help her grow used to walking in the suit, though it was only a single, well... step in the process of wielding her. Even with such a high synchronization rate, the process would certainly not be effortless, and this was really only day one. Arguably, it could be considered day two, but that all really just depended on one's opinions. At any rate, Eve made her way to the training grounds, Marc following along behind. He had already refused to partner with her, himself, but that did not mean that he could not train for himself. The weapon wasn't exactly an autonomous one, but he did better than most students would; mostly, he just swung his weighted end like he was pitching. It wasn't much, but it was something, and rather bruhtal.

Back to top Go down
Lethein
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 28th 2017, 8:50 pm

Courtney moved to center screen to get Evelyn's attention. "Now that you're comfortable moving, how much about the suit would you like to see regularly. I can provide a rough estimate of our resonance rate, a silhouette of the suit that will mark damage..." She said, sliding down so she was sitting right in the middle of Evelyn' s field of view."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   May 28th 2017, 9:17 pm

Evelyn stood still when she appeared more centered in her vision. Thinking, she analyzed the HUD's current options. "You in the top right, silhouette in the bottom left, resonance rate at the bottom, in a bar format, can you do that?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)   

Back to top Go down

Nine O'Clock on a Saturday, The Regular Crowd Shuffles In. (Closed, Lani and I)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next