Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Non-Dull School [OPEN]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

A Non-Dull School [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2017, 10:17 am

Virgel gave a sigh of relief as he finished the walk up the many, many stairs. That was a trek. A long, long trek. It was a good thing he was physically trained for this, he couldn't imagine how unprepared students coped. Wasn't there non-combat students here? Maybe they had an escalator or something. As the newest E.A.T. student, he will have to take the stairs every day. Good thing he liked walking.

He gave an exaggerated sigh of smoke as he look at the school in all its glory with a lazy grin. His little sister was certainly right about it looking impressive. An oddball building, yes, but impressive nonetheless. He arrived a fair bit early than needed for classes, or whatever constituted his first day, so there wasn't anyone at the front. What was he going to be doing again? A tour maybe? He shrugged and headed in. He could probably find someone who had some idea of what a new student was meant to do.

(( OOC: Going on vacation after this thread, so won't be able to reply for a few days. Feel free to join, just be warned that there's not going to be a fast reply in the beginning ))
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2017, 10:29 am

One of these years, Evelyn thought she might convince them to stop telling her to use the office that had been dubbed as "hers," since she really wasn't at the school full-time anymore, following her graduation. Yes, she worked various oddball jobs for the school --- teacher's aid, nurse's aid, and transfer aid among them --- but she didn't exactly need the space. Regardless, it provided her with a good first-bet location of where to find any jobs that needed to be done, since files got left outside her door all the time. Skimming through the pile, she found that there was a new student that would be arriving today, transferring from the "regular" world to the EAT curriculum. Intrigued, she started to look through what details the file provided, taking note of his weapon form before closing the file and making her way towards the front of the school. She was under no illusions that he might be there early, especially with the amount of time it took new students to take the stairs, but she could wait. Of course, she didn't know that she was wrong and that the student was already there...
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2017, 10:39 am

Virgel was reasonably surprised when someone came out the front doors just as he approached, not that he really expressed it. Luck seems to be on his side this evening. He paused and waited for them to exit the door before approaching. No need to be rude and rush them. Upon her exit, he approached, one hand in his pocket and the other making a casual wave. "Hey, you wouldn't happen to know where transfer students are meant to go, would you?" he asked with a lazy grin. She didn't look like a student, so if he was double lucky she might be a young teacher.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2017, 10:46 am

The Death Scythe Maker greeted him with a smile and a wave of her own, approaching and stretching her hand out. His file was under her opposite arm. "Evelyn Borne, I assume that you're Virgel Sternberg?" Her tone was warm and welcoming, her smile pleasant as she spoke.
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2017, 10:57 am

He glanced at the file as he extended his previously waving hand to shake. So, she was meant to meet him? Weird how perfectly timed it was. "Yeah, that's me. Didn't know the school could tell when students arrive," he noted. He personally believed it was coincidence she met him when she did. That, or psychics. Wouldn't be too surprised in any case. After the shake, he returned his arm to join the other in resting in his pockets. "I'm guessing you're here to tell me where to go?" he asked, getting somewhat to the point. The file, he assumed his, implied she had something to do with meeting him. Might as well find out what he was to be doing here before he got bored.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2017, 11:03 am

"Mostly, I show you around and help you with your schedule." She said in answer, gesturing for him to follow as she made her way back inside. "The school's huge and can seem complicated for new students, so I show them around the various halls and areas and help them where it's needed." There was a pause as she walked towards and through the beginnings of the classroom halls. "Do you have a residence, yet? If not, I can help with finding you an apartment or set you up with the dorms..." By this point, it seemed, she was all too used to the convenience of the way the DWMA worked to be worried about her timing.
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2017, 11:16 pm

Virgel was pleasantly surprised. He half expected some overly long greeting from the renown school. A short and sweet introduction then a walk and talk suited him much better. He followed when she gestured, looking around the classroom hall as he tried to keep track of directions in his head, at least the ones she would label as important. He was pretty sure his sister mentioned something about the school being almost a maze to train the students' minds. Maybe he could get a map, or even make one if bored enough.

"I got an apartment set up in the city. As nice as the dorms sounded, I like having my own kitchen and an apartment is easier for family to visit," he answered.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2017, 12:31 pm

She chose to, as she always did, withhold the information that there had, in fact, been maps made of the school. They simply were not given out to new students; they could find or make them themselves, another form of mission training. With a nod, Evelyn responded to him, "I can understand that sentiment. My brother and I live off-campus, as well." Well, that was an arguable statement; her brother had gone missing sometime back. "Do you have any family that's attended the Academy in the past?"
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2017, 12:47 pm

Seems like the staff lived off campus in some cases as well. He shrugged at the question, not really thinking of anyone. "Not that I know of. A bit of an estranged great-uncle might have been a weapon, so maybe. I know my little sister's definitely going to join as soon as she can convince my parents," he said with a lazy grin and slight chuckle. He can imagine her asking to join DWMA already. That, or travel up for private tutelage during school holidays. "The school wouldn't happen to offer any Meister-in-training courses during school holidays, would it?" he asked. Best ask now, just in case.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2017, 12:52 pm

ooc: Until I change her color again, I'm going to not use it for a bit.

ic:

"Classes are offered year-round." She told him, peering into a room before opening the door. The classroom was one of their many auditorium style ones, though it was empty, at present. "Most classes are held in rooms like this one, barring, of course, the more physical based ones." Evelyn moved out of the way to allow him to look around. On one side of the room was a long chalkboard, facing the seats. Adjacent to the door, however, was a small dry erase board. Aside from the seats, the only real furniture in the room was the teacher's desk and chair.
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2017, 1:00 pm

(( OOC: Fair enough ))

Virgel walked over and peered in a little bit, having a look but not studying the details too much. He's sure he'll have plenty of time to get used to the huge rooms in class time. "They normally full?" he asked, trying to get a feel of class sizes. Spacious rooms no matter the answer. He leaned back, waiting for the answer.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2017, 1:03 pm

"Some of them," she said in answer, leading him back out and closing the door behind her, locking it with a collection of keys in the process. "It depends on the class and the time of year. Summer and winter are usually break times for many students, so the classes shrink significantly." Continuing to lead him onward, she took him down several hallways until they arrived at the gym. There was a class going on, but she opened the door for him, regardless.
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2017, 1:09 pm

A lot of keys, he noted. The class size seems reasonable. Some are only here for when they can. Maybe the 'EAT' student were more likely to be around all year? They were meant to be the minority of students, and he can't imagine they had as long holidays as the rest. Not that he minded, less idle time for him.

He followed her to the Gym, keeping mental track of the hallways they went down. From the sound of it, there was actually students this early. He gave his typical lazy grin. It'll be good to see a class in action.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2017, 1:25 pm

It appeared that an indoor obstacle course had been constructed, and various students were running it seemingly nonstop. The instructor for the course was off to the side, blowing a whistle at varying intervals; every time he did, the students reversed their direction. This one was a small class, students that were essentially in a sort of early morning detention. Evelyn didn't say a word, leading him around the large court and out of the way. "A lot of what you'll see is going to be more extreme versions normal classes, especially here."
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2017, 1:31 pm

Virgel watched with intrigue. Seems difficult, but a fun challenge. His lazy grin didn't stray at all as he watched. "I've been told to expect that. Not gonna sign up for combat classes without expecting some more difficult exercises. It is an evil-hunting school, after all," he said bluntly. If he was a 'troublemaker' like back home, he might be joining these students soon. In the meanwhile, he followed Evelyn around, keeping out of the students' way.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2017, 1:51 pm

She lead him away from the main area and to a set of stairs that winded and lead up to a weight room, which was currently abandoned, equipment clean but not in use. Moving on from this, she showed him the general location of the locker and shower rooms, stepping to block the girl's side and allow him to peer into the guys'. "We provide locks for each of the cubbies, but it's a good idea to have an extra set of clean clothes in a bag elsewhere. The lockers don't always hold up to random fights." Moving over, she went to one of the several drinking fountains, taking a swig before waiting to lead him outside. The track was always a fun thing to show newbies.
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2017, 2:01 pm

Virgel kept a note of what she was showing him. The weights we nice, though not exactly his preferred style of exercise. The showers seemed pretty nice after he leaned in to look. From her statement, it sounded like random fights were pretty often. Maybe perverts caught trying to cross being swiftly punished? He continued to follow her, pausing only as she took a sip. So far, the gym seemed pretty good, though he made no social effort to tell her this.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2017, 2:19 pm

Finding him ready, she started to lead him back downstairs and outside, where there were a few people already racing across the track. Bleachers lined either side of the track and field, as they did in any other American school. However, they weren't really used for much other than spectating races. "If our reputation proceeds us then you might already know the records we keep, here." She gestured towards a wooden sign, where Black*Star's name and time still held one of the higher ranks.
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2017, 2:27 pm

Looking at the times he raised an eyebrow. Record-setting. He was glad he was a Weapon, not a Meister. He might be reasonably fit, but no way could he match some of those. Glancing through the names, he gave a chuckle at Black*Star's iconic signature. One of his sister's favourite Meisters, apparently for good reason judging by the large, boisterous text. "Heard about them, but it's still shocking. Barely even human speeds," he noted aloud. He turned to her and motioned to the sign with his thumb. "Hope no one expects me to reach the top of those," he joked.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2017, 2:40 pm

"Most physical competitions are geared more towards meisters." She assured him, guiding him from the track to the more open training grounds. The area took up a large expanse of space, backed by woods that had clearly seen some damage from various fights and practices. In one area, there were large wooden poles that created an obstacle of zigzagging inconvenience. In another, there were targets of various kinds, from dummies to bulls eyes, used by ranged and melee weapons alike. "You'll probably find yourself here more than by the track, especially once you have a meister."
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2017, 12:56 am

Virgel glanced at all the various areas. Sparring, obstacle, target practice. They must go through quite a few dummies, unless they somehow regenerated all the damage done to them. A weapon form like his wouldn't be very kind to a normal wooden target. Regardless, he could practice some of his abilities on the dummies here once in a while until he got a Meister. "I'm guessing combat classes are done over there?" he asked, motioning his head towards the area with the most damage.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2017, 8:08 am

A laugh followed and she nodded, "The ones that take place outside, yes." Idly, she reminded herself that she needed to train with her own weapon more often, if only for the reason that said partner was trying to help her develop into a better utility meister. Evelyn, personally, didn't think that her efforts would work. "Some of the resonance classes come out here at times, so that's a large part of why the ground is scorched in some areas. Some people don't exactly take to the weapons properly and others, well... get overzealous. It was a warning, not meant to scare him off, though she doubted that he was afraid of the notion.
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2017, 10:22 am

Virgel nodded to the warning. Judging by his own weapon form and its possibilities, he could imagine the damage powered up attacks can do. With the right Meister he himself could probably add a scorch mark or three. Still, that was from those big attacks, he didn't know what a bad reaction to his weapon form could do. "Didn't know a bad partnership could result in explosions," he stated. Now that would be a catastrophic partnership if he's even heard of one.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2017, 11:20 am

ooc: My notifications aren't going off for this for some reason

"Not explosions, per se. She began to explain, "Wavelength rejection can result in anything from a weapon being too heavy for the meister to pick up to their element causing a reaction. Fire, electricity... you understand." She tried to be as nonchalant about it as possible, but the truth was that it hurt, both the weapon and meister. However, it was significantly more common than not to find someone that matched a wavelength than didn't.
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2017, 11:38 am

(( OOC: All good. ))

Good thing his fire wasn't that strong normally, though he might give someone a very nasty burn on their hand. "Fire in my case, though not much of it," he added, lighting the tip of his finger to demonstrate. Useful for not a lot without something flammable handy. Not that he minded, as cool as cooking meat on the spot sounded he didn't want to set all his stuff ablaze.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Non-Dull School [OPEN]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next