Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Non-Dull School [OPEN]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2017, 11:41 am

She decided that she was just going to leave the rest of the lesson to his teachers. Nodding, she motioned for him to follow again as she began heading back to the offices. "How did you discover your weapon form?" Evelyn asked, starting conversation.
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2017, 11:46 am

Virgel followed, putting the flame out before putting his hands back in his pockets. "Tried to pet a cat when I was 13. It didn't want to be petted, tried scratching my sister, ended up getting scratched itself. Not on purpose, just happened," he said with a shrug. "I don't know whether we or the cat was more shocked. Took a couple weeks to transform back and forth on purpose though," he answered.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2017, 11:57 am

As unorthodox as the initial transformation was, the part where it took a while to control it was rather impressive, "Well, if you can control it then you definitely are ahead of the NOT students. Most of them can't control whether or not the transform fully, let alone can switch back and forth at will."
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2017, 12:08 pm

Virgel shrugged. "I've had two years to get it right over some. It took longer to figure out smoke. Set off the fire alarm more than once," he chucked, a grin at the memory. Good thing his parents were busy a lot otherwise they might of thought their house was catching fire every week for a little while. He gave a breath of smoke to demonstrate, attempting to blow a somewhat off smoke ring. "Still can't get that right," he noted, watching the oddly shaped smoke cloud quickly dissipate.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2017, 12:10 pm

"You might want to ask a smoker." She said lightly, laughing a little, not at his attempt but at the fact that smoke rings were so commonly enjoyed that people attempted them all the time. Personally, she didn't like smokers, though, so she usually wasn't around to see it. "Do you know what classes you might want to take?"
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2017, 12:27 pm

Virgel thought about it and shrugged. His sister mainly focused on talking about Meister techniques, like martial styles and Soul Menace and Soul Perception. Sure, there was classes pretty much everyone took, but what specific classes were there for weapons? "Haven't thought much about it beyond the basics and usuals. I don't really know much about the classes on offer beyond those, to be honest. My sister mentioned something about 'Autonomy' if I can't find a Meister, but I got the impression it was a bit advanced," he said. He really didn't have any idea on what to pick. He had no real pull one way or the other, going here at all was mostly for his sister's benefit and to entertain himself. "So no," he answered truthfully.

(( OOC: Heading to bed, so feel free to take your time listing classes if there's no real list. 'Night! ))
Back to top Go down
TucKiD
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
TucKiD

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2017, 4:38 pm

OOC: Mind if I join?
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2017, 6:49 pm

ooc: Up to Moon. His thread.

"Well," Evelyn began, thinking over the course list, "the DWMA offers that standard courses you'd find at any other school. Mostly, it's for NOT students, but there are EAT students who take the classes to earn a diploma while they're here. Otherwise..." Holding the files against her chest, she began tapping on chin with a free finger of the opposite hand. "Autonomy is an option, but it's definitely for more advanced students and usually isn't offered to someone unless they've gone a significant amount of time without a meister. Soul Resonance, Combat Training, and either Ranged, or in your case, Melee Weaponry are standards. You'll probably start in larger, entry level classes for those."

ooc: I had more, but I'll leave it here so that there's still space for Jet to pop in.
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2017, 10:13 pm

(( OOC: Go ahead, TucKiD ))

The standard courses were mostly boring. The only one he might be interested in was History, if only for the DWMA's perspective on it. Then again, there might another course focused on DWMA's history rather than just general History, not sure which would be more engaging. The three classes Evelyn mentioned sounded good to him though. They sounded like courses for both Meisters and Weapons, so they could probably double as self-defense improvement without a Meister. "Those three and maybe a History-related course might be start," he noted as she listed, though not making any confirmations until she finished listing.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2017, 12:22 pm

She nodded, focusing her attention on the computer in front of her for a few minutes before bringing up a history course list. This done, she turned it around to show him the various options for classes. Some of the ones included were:

World History (Standard)
American History (Standard)
Weapons, Witches, & Meisters: A comprehensive...
The World and Death (language options include:...
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2017, 12:30 pm

Virgel glanced at the various options. American History wasn't really the scope he was interested in. World History was closer, but the Standard label sort of put him off it. Weapons, Witches, & Meisters he'll definitely recommend to his sister, right up her alley. The World and Death, however, sounded a bit odd. "What's the World and Death?" he asked. How the World deals with Death, either as a concept or a god, at a guess? Maybe even discussion about Madness.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2017, 1:05 pm

"It basically covers World History, but includes the DWMA's involvement in it and focuses on it from that perspective. It also covers more of the origins of the DWMA and Death himself, though neither are focused on heavily." She scrolled a little more, "I thought so... History of the DWMA has a few spots open as well, if you're interested."
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2017, 1:15 pm

Virgel thought it over. "The World and Death sounds interesting, and if nothing else sounds good History of the DWMA might be good for another course," he stated. The World and Death sounds like the type of History course he was after, and the History of the DWMA should compliment that well. That made 4-5 courses so far. "How many courses do you recommend?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2017, 1:25 pm

"If we pair all of these together, you won't have a need to take a course specifically in Physical Education, but it's an option." Thinking it over, she went through the options again before shrugging. "It depends on whether you want a Diploma or not, at this point, but five to six courses is usually a good way to go."
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2017, 1:38 pm

"I'll like to take one in Physical Education if it's available. I've not against exercise, the opposite sometimes," he said. Might be interesting to see who takes the course as well. Probably a lot of Meisters, but definitely some interesting characters. Physical Education might have less homework as well, which could be a plus or a negative depending on how slow the day was.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2017, 1:54 pm

Nodding, she signed him up for the courses he'd designated, printing off his schedule when such was ready. Grabbing it from the printer, she handed it to him before smiling. "Is there anything else you want to take a look at while you're here? The cafeteria, maybe?"
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2017, 2:06 pm

Virgel glanced at the schedule before answering. A full schedule's good for him. He gave a lazy grin at 'cafetaria'. "Cafeteria sounds good," he said. Never against visiting a food place. Maybe it'll give him a chance to check out what food's on offer for lunch. He paused and realised something before walking on, however. "By the way, what are you? I never found out if you were a teacher or not," he asked. Could be a random woman with a file, for all he knew.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2017, 2:10 pm

She blushed softly, the flushing barely noticeable despite her pale skin. "I'm a... jack of all trades, of sorts. I graduated from the DWMA a couple of years back and do odd jobs for them when I'm in town: nurse's aid, transfer student attendee..."
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2017, 2:15 pm

Virgel actually raised an eyebrow at that. How odd. "Must be a good school if you keep coming back," he joked. Must be pretty talented and trusted to do all those things. Assuming she's not some oddball who keeps sneaking in at the early hours and claims to do a bit of everything. He had no reason to distrust her yet, however. And she could sign into an office computer, so most likely a proper member of the DWMA in some capacity.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2017, 2:26 pm

"It's home." She said simply, which was a weird concept to the woman who was otherwise nomadic. The DWMA was the only place she kept a residence, let alone returned to. With this, though, she began leading him back down the hallways towards the cafeteria.
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2017, 2:33 pm

Virgel followed her towards the cafeteria. He tried to think of a good topic to discuss on the way there... "So, is there an age limit of who can join the school?" he asked. His sister would jump at the opportunity to join DWMA if she could. Not that he knew anyone more willing or more fitting. Plus, her around Would give him a temporary Meister, if that speeds up some of the processes.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 20th 2017, 2:48 pm

"If you're old enough to transform, you can be taken on as a weapon. Meisters require a sort of verifiable proof that they can perform as meisters; typically, they join when they're teenagers and they have the talent in the family. Other times, the join because they've successfully wielded a weapon before." Moving out of the way, she invited him into the cafeteria and it's array of counters. "If you can think of a food... we have it."
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2017, 1:17 am

Well, he wouldn't exactly call himself 'talent in the family', but his sister could wield a weapon. He himself was proof. And if anyone could be good enough to be excluded from the 'teenagers' limit, it would be her. He was half tempted to ask what Evelyn meant by 'typically' when she moved out of the way to the cafeteria. Getting Brother of the Year Award could wait a second as he looked around. Anything you can think of? Maybe he should have gone to the dorms so he could eat here more often then.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2017, 7:46 am

"...The DWMA provides every student with a weekly allowances. This is usually enough to cover food throughout the week, but not much beyond that and rent, for students that live off-campus." She shifted the files to her other arm, idly bending the now freed arm as she worked to remove the stiffness it had gained. Logically, she realized she could have just left the files in her office, but it was a bit too late for that, now. "If you want to get a job to supplement your income then you are more than welcome to. Pretty much everyone in the City is willing to hire DWMA students, though it's much harder to find a job the closer it gets to breaks, since some students only work seasonally..."
Back to top Go down
TheMoonIsWhat
SERP Member
SERP Member
TheMoonIsWhat

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2017, 8:07 am

Virgel shrugged. His parents gave him a bit of allowance since he was living a fair bit away, so he shouldn't be too hard-pressed for cash. Especially since he really didn't spend much except a decent food budget. Maybe if there was a particularly interesting job on offer he'll try for one, but for now he'll focus on getting used to the school. "I should be fine for now. Where's next?" he asked, referring to the next place he should have a look at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Non-Dull School [OPEN]   A Non-Dull School [OPEN] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Non-Dull School [OPEN]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next