Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Arc
Admin
Admin

Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc)   Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2019, 2:28 pm

"Yes, I do, somewhere," Michi said, thinking over it for a few moments. "I do not know any of them, I barely know of them. I doubt they know much of me, either. My immediate family all passed many generations ago, all refusing my proposal to postpone the inevitable running out of time in the hourglasses of their lives. I left to travel, once they were all gone. Home had nothing for me after that and the world was much more fascinating," Michi said, searching through his pockets while he spoke, producing a cigarette-like object and a lighter eventually. He lit the cigarette and put it between his lips, although he didn't take a drag. "Enough about me," he finally concluded, "What about yourself? You mentioned, you cannot leave wherever it is you are controlling this doll from. I am curious as to why that would be, although you needn't say if it's a subject you would rather not discuss, of course."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Characters:

Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc)   Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 17th 2019, 4:35 pm

Minerva took long to process what Michi had shared with her. It seemed like his story once again had a lot to do with time traveling. The Ai was able to conclude from that story, that Michi had to be quite old. She continued the processing of acquired information in the background while focusing on a question she'd been asked. If she were to tell him more about herself, how much would be too much? What could she reveal and what she couldn't? Should she even tell him anything in the first place? Human morality would often lead to people returning favors or doing things in gratitude for other things. Michi saved Minerva's doll so, using human logic, she owed him a favor. Eventually, the AI made the decision.
"I cannot leave my current location for I am not a human being. I am an artificial intelligence designed to learn and mimic human behavior, thus I do not possess an organic body which could be used for travel." Minerva said, focusing less on her emotion emulation, causing her voice to sound somewhat monotone and robotic.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Raccoon
Kira
Mark
Anna
Adam
Eliza
Dalibor
Aurora
Angela
Chloe
Nana
Darius
Jack
Stephy
Cath
Keith
Luna
Minerva
Nikki
Avery
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc)   Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2019, 6:06 pm

"Aha," Michi said, kind of understanding it. He was savvy, but he didn't pretend to have any knowledge about things like artificial intelligence. Perhaps if he were a golemancer more than he was a toolmaker, then he would understand more, but he was not. "You seem human enough to me, if a mite strange in your mannerisms, so I won't think of you as much less than any other," he then said, shrugging. "In fact, I can think of many that I would think of less as human than yourself, even if human they may be."

Characters:

Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc)   Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 27th 2019, 1:45 pm

A wide smile appeared on the doll's face. It was the widest Minerva could achieve. "Yaaaay! I've managed to pass the Turing test! Again! Well, a more practical version of it, I... think." Minerva commented, sounding excited and full of joy. Though that range of emotions was a bit difficult to simulate, thus causing a slight distortion in her synthesized voice. "Well, theoretically speaking, the Turing test should be performed with two people and one machine but... This is even better! Thank you!" The AI added, after a short while. "However, I'm not quite sure what you meant in your last sentence. How can humans be less human than other humans?" Minerva asked, curiously tilting her head to her side, as she looked at Michi. Knowing only the biological definition of the word 'human', the concept of humanity as a set of moral values was not something she was familiar with.

Raccoon
Kira
Mark
Anna
Adam
Eliza
Dalibor
Aurora
Angela
Chloe
Nana
Darius
Jack
Stephy
Cath
Keith
Luna
Minerva
Nikki
Avery
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc)   Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2019, 1:06 pm

"I don't know what that is," Michi said bluntly when Minerva finished talking about this 'Turing Test', skipping over it swiftly, as if he didn't much care to learn it at the time. He preferred to go read about such things in his own time at his own leisure, though he never failed to try and learn; he didn't like staying ignorant.

"Some people, despite their biological humanity, do not morally deserve to be called such in my humble opinion," Michael said, always up for a little philosophical discussion. "Then there are those that throw their humanity away. Being here in Death City, you must have heard of Kishin Eggs and Death's List, yes?"

Characters:

Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc)   Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2019, 3:41 pm

"In short: In that test a person has to determine whether they're talking with another human being or with a machine. If they can't or if they pick wrong, the machine passes the test." Minerva explained quickly, determining that Michi wasn't too interested in that topic of their conversation. Her own interest piqued up when he started explaining the philosophical nature of humanity. After all, learning more about humanity would always help improve her behaviors. "Yes, I have heard of both Kishin Eggs and Death's List. I found these topics incredibly interesting. To my understanding, Kishin Eggs are human beings who have committed despicable crimes against other humans, which resulted in severe psychological changes in their brains. In result, their behavior is more comparable with that of a vicious mindless beast than a normal person. Death's List contains the names of Kishin Eggs which have become too dangerous to the society in the eyes of a being known as 'Lord Death' who is, according to sources a God of Death. Sadly, I have been unable to gather more data about that being. Another thing related to Kishin Eggs are their souls, which have been categorized as 'corrupted'. Souls are... fascinating. I've been trying to understand what a soul exactly is ever since I first stumbled upon the term; to no success. All I know are supposed definitions and the fact that apparently, all living creatures possess such a thing. Which means, that I am an entity which does not have a soul." Minerva said, eagerly sharing her data and observations related to Kishin Eggs with Michi in hope of learning more.

Raccoon
Kira
Mark
Anna
Adam
Eliza
Dalibor
Aurora
Angela
Chloe
Nana
Darius
Jack
Stephy
Cath
Keith
Luna
Minerva
Nikki
Avery
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc)   Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time paradoxes and machines don't go well together (Rackie and Arc)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2