Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Arc
Admin
Admin

If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 9:04 am

Chauncey kept his line straight, without any more tricks, up until he came to a corner. While his cornering ability was good, it still bled more speed than a race permitted, so instead he turned right into the wall just before the corner, that connected to the building in their way. After briefly riding up the wall, he then used windowsills and another wall-ride to scale the wall and get up into the roof. Picking up speed on the way down, also employing a similar wall-ride to slow his descent while gaining back momentum, he jumped into the road beyond, skipping a portion of the route that he would have otherwise had to navigate; he wasn't exactly expecting it to be an obstacle for Angela, however.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 9:17 am

Angela kept flying low, skillfully navigating through the streets, mostly in order to make the race fair. After all, she could just fly above the roofs if she only wanted, but that would be cheating in her book. When they came to a corner, she adjusted her flight trajectory in the opposite direction from the turn, in order to give herself more space to turn. So the arc she drew with her flight route caused her to turn in the right direction slower, but safer. With a corner of her eye, she saw how Chauncey managed to pass the corner. Once again, she was impressed. Back on the straight road, she picked up more speed and started to overtake him.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 9:47 am

Chauncey got down low on the straight, trying to reduce drag as much as possible to keep pace with Angela for as long as he possibly could, but he could only do so much against a pair of wings. He watched as Angela overtook him, laughing with a huge smile; it was clear enough that he was loving every second of his time on the skates, as well as the race. After a few more corners and intersections that he couldn't navigate in the same way due to the layout of streets, the bottom of the stairs would soon come into view.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 10:11 am

Angela too was enjoying their little race. Finding it pretty fun to watch Chauncey's acrobatic moves. It was definitely much, much more fun than racing her dad to the cafe. Too bad that her wings were always faster, but it wasn't too big of an issue for her. When she saw the stairs, she started considering her options. Doing a loop to start flying in the opposite direction would take too much time and most importantly, would be too boring. That's why, right before she reached the stairs, she retracted her wings and performed a half frontflip mid-air. When her head was facing the direction of the race again, she spun her body 180 degrees using a little bit of magic so her chest would be once again facing the ground. That's when she retracted her wings and started slowing down, which she needed to do to start flying forward again. It was a slow process as she needed to gain speed again afterward, but it was way more fun than doing a loop.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 10:18 am

Chauncey also didn't want to go with something boring, instead jumping up onto one of the two walls which sandwiched the stairs. Grinding upwards along the edge, he finally stepped to the middle of the wall as he turned around. Then, having a slope with which he could pick up speed, he did the same as the beginning of the race. With Angela having to regain her speed, Chauncey gained the lead again, since his acceleration was so much greater.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 10:23 am

The same way as before, Angela was once again behind Chauncey, but quickly gained speed to start closing in. That was the biggest weakness of her wings, she could reach very high top speeds, but the acceleration of them wasn't the best. Perhaps she would need to start working on that too. However, feeling that she knew what Chauncey was capable of with his skates Angela put way more effort into speeding up - she wanted to catch up to him faster than before. Of course, all the turns would make that task a little bit more difficult.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 10:30 am

Chauncey had given up on the aerobatics since the turn at the stairs, only looking away from his path forwards to glance behind and see where Angela was in relation to him. He would simply ride low and fast up until that first, now last, corner, where it would once again be easier for him to jump the building in the same manner.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 10:54 am

Once they reached that one particular corner, Angela decided to change her strategy for passing it. It was definitely inspired by Chauncey's tricks. Upon entering the corner, Angela slowed down and flew close to the building she titled her entire body so her wings were in vertical relation to the ground. As her feet touched the wall, she immediately started running, while supporting herself with her wings. Once she reached a certain point, she jumped in the direction of the street she was meaning to fly into and resumed the flight. Of course, she slowed down in the process, but she quickly managed to regain the speed and overtake Chauncey again.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 11:08 am

With that corner gone it was another straight shot the the finish line. It didn't take a genius figuring out who the winner was, but Chauncey didn't come too far behind Angela. To come to a stop from such high speed, Chauncey didn't just dig his wheels in; he made as if to do another wall-ride, but this time instead of following it through pushed off of the wall after a moment, letting the lingering moments his skates were in contact while he fell away to flip him around so he landed backwards; this quickly made him slow down, as the way the wheels wanted to spin counteracted his momentum. "Fuck, that was fun!"
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 11:19 am

When they crossed the finish line Angela flew up and retracted her wings in a way which launched her even higher and caused her body to start spinning like a ballerina. Once the momentum was gone and she started falling down, she used her wings like a parachute and safely landed on the ground, where she retracted her wings for the final time. Angela looked at Chauncey with a wide excited grin. "Hell yeah!" She said, throwing her fist up in the air. Her blood was still rushing through her adrenaline-filled body. She approached him slowly and laughed happily. "You were so badass, man! Just, wow! So cool! Too bad I couldn't get too close to get a better view on all of your tricks." Angela exclaimed. She was in total awe.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 11:31 am

"You looked amazing, too! Your control is something else. Really, I'm kind of jealous of those wings!" Chauncey similarly gushed Angela's praises, still smiling wide as he did so, the same elated expression as when he was riding still plastered firmly on his pretty features. "Oh yeah, your name suits you, doesn't it?"
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 11:53 am

"Thanks! I've been practicing using them for years! It's kinda difficult to control them sometimes." She said in response to his words. Angela realized that she started blushing not thanks to his initial compliment, but because of his smile, which she found to be probably way too charming for her heart to handle. It was his next compliment that caused her to end up unable to hide embarrassment. Her entire face turned red and she looked away sheepishly. "N-no it doesn't..." Angela mumbled quietly.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 12:07 pm

Chauncey nodded at Angela saying that it took her years to be good with her wings. It was the same with his skates, so he understood that. Then Chauncey was surprised at Angela turning her head away, all red like that. Once he realised what it was that she was getting so embarrassed over, he laughed, scratching at his head. "You're an honest one, aren't you?" he said, more as a statement than question, also talking more about her demeanour than her words.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 12:12 pm

Angela finally managed to silence all of his compliments that still ringed in her head. She opened her mouth to say something, but he hit her with one more verbal bomb. "Wha..? What do you mean?" She asked him, feeling somewhat confused. The blush on her cheeks was bright and clearly visible. What made him say that all of a sudden? After all, she only denied the fact that her name actually suited her. Angela had never considered herself an angel in any way. In fact, she actually was quite sure that it didn't suit her at all.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 12:23 pm

"You get one compliment and you go red as your hair," Chauncey said, grinning, as he pointed to her head. "I call that honest."
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 12:50 pm

When he said that, Angela didn't know what to hide - her hair or her face. She was absolutely defenseless against his brutal honesty. In the end, she placed her hands on her cheeks, desperately trying to cover her cheeks and the blush that was present on them. Angela looked away, trying to calm herself down. "It's because I don't get compliments often..." She mumbled with honesty. "...especially from guys like you..." She added after a moment, almost inaudibly.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 1:05 pm

"I don't see why you wouldn't," he said, shrugging, this also being an offhanded compliment of sorts. "What was that?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at her, having heard her muttering, but not having had caught what it was that she was actually saying.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 1:26 pm

With yet another compliment, Angela kept trying to look away from him, still feeling that she was unable to calm down or at least hide the blush and all the embarrassment. She wondered - "Is this how Aurora, Luna or Ana feel when they receive compliments..?". When she realized he'd heard her mumbling and asked to know what exactly was that she'd mumbled, she bit her lip. Angela couldn't just make up a lie on the fly or try to brush his question away. She felt like she was put in a corner with no way of escape. Or maybe it was her chance to compliment him to see what his reaction would be. Angela took a deep breath and smirked mischievously, before looking at him again. Well... I said that I hardly ever get compliments from guys as charming as you are." She said and winked, trying to copy the way Aurora would flirt with Yurio. Though it was still incredibly embarrassing for her as evidenced by her red face.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 1:42 pm

"Pfft..!" Chauncey seemed to find the idea that he was charming to be funnier than Angela's overly honest reaction to a simple compliment or two. He stopped his laughter after a few moments, shaking his head. "Sorry, sorry, just... That's seriously the opposite of what most people call me, at least outside of talking about my looks." Then again, most people didn't share a race and see him while he's riding, or in a good enough mood to casually compliment people.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 1:53 pm

Angela giggled at his reaction, finding it quite cute actually. It wasn't what she expected exactly, but it was close. Feeling that her blush slowly started to disappear, she regained her confidence. "I'm being serious! Have you seen yourself in the mirror when you smile? Smiling makes you look so charming I'm surprised it doesn't make single girls melt every time they see it." Angela told him, deciding to be fully honest with him. "And since we've sat down in the cafe talking with you was a pure pleasure." She added.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 2:09 pm

Chauncey was playing it cool and all, but with how much she was singing his praises, even he couldn't help but end up with a red tinge to his cheeks. "You serious..?" he asked, pulling a lock of hair and pulling it down as he fidgeted with it, looking away. All this was the last thing that he expected. Hell, he expected to get slapped or something sooner than he expected this sort of treatment.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 2:25 pm

Angela giggled. "Yeah, of course!" She said with all honesty. Then she scratched the back of her head and looked away for a moment. "But the first time you spoke to me was actually quite terrible." Angela told him with brutal honesty and laughed, remembering that the first few sentences from him made her feel really, really uncomfortable. "Everything after that was great though." She added.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 3:17 pm

"Ah, that's usually the effect I have on people," Chauncey said, still bashful, shrugging. "Man, I really wasn't expecting this..."
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 3:23 pm

Angela chuckled, placing one of the hands on her hip. "Expecting what? A girl being honest about the cool and good things about you?" She said, shrugging. "You're completely honest with me and I'm completely honest with you. I think that's a better thing than trying to dodge some topics."
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2019, 4:06 pm

"Nah, more like, I wasn't expecting someone to think that there's anything cool or good about me from little more than first impressions," He said, though it really was pretty much the same thing. "Hey, do you want to, like, swap numbers or something?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)   If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you paint flames on your skates will it make them go faster? (Private || Arc and Rackie)
Page 2 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next