Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Leonard Maturin

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Leonard Maturin Empty
PostSubject: Leonard Maturin   Leonard Maturin I_icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2013, 8:08 am

[img]Place image here(Optional, remove * in the end tag if using tags)[/*img]

Name: Maturin, Leonard

Meister: None? (May have a friend applying soon, time constraints could cause an issue)

Weapon Form: Leonard transforms into a glaive, the handle/shaft approximately 6 feet in length, the blade another 18 inches on top of it. Literally. The handle is a dark mahogany color, and covered in silver etchings in various unrecognizable designs. As the etchings reach closer to the blade, they thicken, making a full silver ring around the base of the blade at the place where it's affixed. The blade is blackened steel (or something akin to it), with a single silver line running down the back of the blade, about a thumb's width down to the edge of the blade. (Should he ever manage Soul Resonance, the silver etchings would give off a green light.) Over the years, he has learned to partially shift, turning his forearm into his glaive's blade should he be forced to fight alone.

Love Interest: N/A

Appearance: Leonard stands right around average height (5'8", I guess), with broad shoulders. Brown hair that falls down to just above eyebrow level, green eyes. He's a bit muscular, but nothing to shake a stick at; you'd never gape in awe at his abs or stare at his chiseled thighs enviously because, well, he doesn't have those things. Not well toned, but in shape and strong enough to lift someone a bit bigger than him if he wanted to. Not saying he could fireman carry Big Bubba or anything, we're talking someone a little taller/heavier, maybe 20-30lbs over his own weight, which we'll say is 180lbs. He likes to keep things simple with his wardrobe, usually sticking to jeans or khaki cargo pants, with a brightly colored T-shirt and darker button-down over it. The button-down is never, ever buttoned. Ever. "If I wanted to dress up, I'd put on my suit, okay?" Since you're wondering, "What does the suit look like then?", it's black dress pants, a white dress shirt, a black jacket with emerald pin striping, and of course, an emerald tie with black stripes going diagonally. "Wow, he is really specific, why doesn't he just draw a picture?" I can't draw to save my life, so I use words. Moving on...

Personality: Leo is... quiet. We're talking about the kid that sleeps through class every day and half of the people in there have no idea he exists. When he is awake, he's been told he's kind of funny and generally a pretty nice guy. He's been known to unleash hell on earth for people that hurt his close friends, however, and has no remorse for it. Got a picture of an old watchdog yet? I know I do. Kinda gross, let's clean that up a little. He takes a lot of pride in his abilities, and trains much more often than most would believe (Daily. Every single day he's practicing his combat skills.)

History: Born into a large, loving family, he was the fourth, and last child of his parents, Rosalie and Matthias Maturin. At age three, his mother died of pneumonia - while his father was on a mission with his Meister, his father going MIA and never returning. Ralph watched over his two little brothers and sister as best he could, but by the time he was an adult (18) he was through. Left with his girlfriend and was never seen again. Alright, so we have Matthias Jr, age 16, Summer, age 15, and Leonard, age 11 still together at this point. Leonard was convinced that whatever had killed their father was still out there, and so worked on his hand-to-hand combat skills as much as he could with Summer coddling him. Matthias Jr. managed to keep them off the streets with two jobs, and promised them both he would never leave them like Ralph. Leonard's Weapon form emerged when he was 14, walking home from school for the first time without his big sister with him. Jumped by some mugger, that guy got a nice view of a massive polearm in his face before he bolted in the opposite direction, and Leonard was ecstatic. He'd inherited the family Weapon abilities, which they were all convinced had never been passed on. With Summer moving on to college, and Leonard able to apply for financial help with DWMA, Matthias Jr. was finally able to relax, and did so, going to culinary school and moving to a cook's position in a small café in Death City. Leonard had learned who his father's Meister was at this point, and confronted him, saying "The only way I'll ever forgive you for letting my father disappear like that is by teaching me everything you can, so I can be ready to face anything and everything." The man had admired his tenacity, and followed through, turning Leonard into a powerful Weapon with fairly impressive skill for his age. Of course, this meant that Leonard got bored with class, and only stayed awake if there were practical lessons.

Miscellaneous: Has a hard time grasping concepts unless he can be shown/have it demonstrated. The abstract is not his forte.

Have You Read the Rules?
I LOVE SOUL EATER :D
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

Leonard Maturin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leonard Maturin   Leonard Maturin I_icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2013, 9:16 am

Wow. I can tell your not new at this. ^^

Anyways, welcome to the forum Sax! Approved!
Back to top Go down

Leonard Maturin
Page 1 of 1