Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beetle Gearsley (Dropped)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Beetle Gearsley (Dropped) Empty
PostSubject: Beetle Gearsley (Dropped)   Beetle Gearsley (Dropped) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 1:01 am

Name Beetle Gearsley

Weapon: None yet

Love Interest: none yet

Appearance: A scrawny young man, roughly four feet in height, with plain brown hair and black, curious eyes. His typical attire is a grey shirt, a black jacket, and a pair of spectacles. On his back is a curious device with several long, spider like appendages coming out of it.

Personality: Awkward around other people, Beetle struggles with the most basic of human interactions, to the point where he has trouble going out and buying groceries. That being said, he tries to hold up conversations with those he meets, believing that with sufficient practice with dealing with people, he will get over his inability to communicate. Has a deep phobia of swimming. Fond of puzzles, especially Sudoku. Enjoys debating philosophy, when he can get over his social awkwardness.

History: Born into a family of wealth aristocrats, Beetle spent his early days almost completely alone, his siblings either living in a separate house, or in college. His parents were always off, either vacationing, or on business. He grew up raised by his books, his only real connection to the world outside his cottage. Had this continued, he would have likely grown into a hermit. However, his parents came down with a sickness that prevented travel, and, forced to remain at home for a while, they decided to take an interest in their progenies life. While they doted on Beetle's other siblings, they had an immense dislike for him. Treating him as 'the unfavorite', they belittled him, cast him aside, ect. Eventually their sickness passed. But instead of leaving, they remained, and made Beetles life very unpleasant. Meanwhile, to escape their torment, Beetle developed two hobbies, inventing, and study of the properties of the soul. He soon developed the ArakLegs, a device mounted on his back that had several artificial appendages attached, that allowed for quicker movement and disregardment of gravity, allowing for scaling of vertical surfaces with ease. Proud of his achievement, he attempted to patent it. However, as a minor, he would need his parents signature. Laughing, they told him in no uncertain terms he would never get their signature. This was the final straw. Fleeing his home, Beetle would have likely became a vagabond, had he not stumbled onto a flyer for the DWMA. Knowing that, with his social skills, or lack thereof, combined with his lack of real skills beyond creating a few devices, he would likely starve, he applied for a scholarship. Getting it, he joined the DWMA,  and is soon to start his first day

Have You Read the Rules?
"I love Soul Eater, mon!"

Last edited by beetlegeuse on February 1st 2014, 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Gearsley (Dropped)   Beetle Gearsley (Dropped) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 1:55 am

The history is great and he seems like he could be intresting. But I'd like for you to expand on the Personallity a little bit. Stuff like what does he like, would he run if anyone approached him, and how else would his past have effected him? Or even just mentioning he enjoys working on machines, if he does. Small details like that make a character feel more realistic and helps create a clearer picture of who they are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Gearsley (Dropped)   Beetle Gearsley (Dropped) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 3:55 pm

Right, good point, expanded personality section
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Gearsley (Dropped)   Beetle Gearsley (Dropped) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 3:56 pm

Ok, accepted! His spider-pack-thing seems like it could be intresting durring a fight and I'm curious to see if he ever makes any other crazy devices like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Gearsley (Dropped)   Beetle Gearsley (Dropped) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beetle Gearsley (Dropped)
Page 1 of 1