Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Poll for what our story should be.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What do you guys think, should we change the plot of the site?
A. Yes
Poll for what our story should be. I_vote_lcap55%Poll for what our story should be. I_vote_rcap
 55% [ 11 ]
B. No
Poll for what our story should be. I_vote_lcap20%Poll for what our story should be. I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 4 ]
C. I don't care.
Poll for what our story should be. I_vote_lcap25%Poll for what our story should be. I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage

Poll for what our story should be. Empty
PostSubject: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2014, 5:35 pm

This may or may not get me banned. If it does, I'm really sorry.

Also, should tell you the plot, which is ten years after the anime.

current plot: 'There was once this kishin egg named Reaver who had a deep hatred for the DWMA. To destory them, he decided to make his own academy, the university, which trained witches and dark weapons. The two schools attacked a fought, and even to the point of war. Reaver even got to the point of resurrecting the kishin Saca, who helped him attack the DWMA. What will stir up with university next though? Who knows?!'

While it is a little cliche, the one problem is that this has been inactive for 5 months. How many of you guys actually knew of it as well. That being said, I do think it sounds kind of cool. Now, if you agree with the plot, say no. If you want to change it, hit yes, then you can list your ideas below.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2014, 9:56 pm

Slight bump to this thread. For how big of an issue the main story of the site could end up and how many characters/ideas can spawn from this if done right, I feel that the poll needs a few more than 8 people voting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2014, 2:28 pm

My idea is, we include that as a subplot, but have like, a mystical artifact or something each of the factions want, for either nefarious or non-nefarious reasons, depending on the factions goals/alignment. Also, we could bring back arachnophobia, like maybe one of its members restarted the organization after it was destroyed. Neo-Arachnophobia. Also, this is unrelated to the prior ideas, what ever happened to the madness manipulation machine(I think that was what it was called)? We could do something with that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2014, 5:16 pm

I doubt Lord Death would let the Moral Manipulation Machine get away after all the trouble they went through to learn about it. But I like the idea of Neo-Arachnaphobia... I could easilly see someone from that group kind-of taking up Arachne's position as their spider-themed leader to avenge her death or something. Which could work well because we have literally no idea what people Arachne could have had hidden in her order's ranks. Heck, in the Manga, she even had a few cyborgs, experiments with Magic Tools, and even a guy wielding Eibon's book with her!

As for the artifact idea.... I think it could be awesome for giving people a good goal to strive for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2014, 5:18 pm

Well, if this is based of the Manga, technically, there is no Moral manipulation machine. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2014, 5:23 pm

It's based off of the anime, but includes supplementary info from the manga, like the cyborgs. So we don't have the same story arc as the manga, but still have all the other content.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2014, 5:26 pm

Jt, I think it takes cues from both Manga and Anime. Also, what should the artifact be? I was thinking since Soul Eater takes heavy cues from HP Lovecraft, it could be, like, the necronomicon. Or, maybe, something from Irish mythology, like Fragarach. There is also the Holy Grail. Or we could make something up, I suppose.

Oooh, an idea just occurred to me. Excalibur was the sword of King Arthur, right? We could include the other blade King Arthur was known for using, the one that killed him, Clarent!

EDIT: Also, we could have the guy running Neo-Arachnophobia be, like, a non-combat big bad. Like, a brilliant planner, but not a fighting type. It would be an interesting change from standard combat savvy big bads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2014, 6:11 pm

Probably wouldn't be a great idea to introduce Excallibur's brother-sword or something. But I could easilly see it being something like the Philosopher's stone or just making up a Magic Tool out of nowhere that could work. There would just have to be be 3 essential questions to answear. 1. Where is it? 2. What does it do? 3. How come no one's found it yet/ why is it so obscure nobody's heard of it until now?

Heck, we could probably take a design out of Da vinci's notes for something cool and ancient looking that would fit the style of the world pretty well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2014, 6:13 pm

To be fair, Deth, Excallibur in the actual myths has a brother sword, wielded by the Black knight. Well, not a brother sword, but an rival sword.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2014, 6:49 pm

Definitely wasn't a brother sword. And Jt, depends on what version of the legend is used as reference, regarding who wielded Clarent. Most of the older legends agree mordred used it to kill King Arthur, I believe.

Anyways, what about the holy grail, or the spear of longinus?

We could have the Grail give the person who drank from it divine power, or if we go with the spear, possibly have it be able to awaken and control a race of powerful beings.

And I still think the Necronomicon would be a good idea.

As for why no one has found them, how about they only just reawakened after thousands of years dormant? And the reason they are awakening is a delayed reaction to the death of Asura, and the energy released?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2014, 7:29 am

I don't know about the reasoning for them waking back up.... 5 years seems like quite a long time to go and just now wake up. Maybe instead they were suppost to awaken when Asura did to help fight him, but he was never in the right area to set them off. But if another full Kishin on the site would end up near where they were sealed, then that could activate them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2014, 4:40 pm

That could work. But we would have to make a new Kishin. Or use Nebun.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2014, 4:57 pm

Nebun is always up in the air lately...
It's always: "hey guys we need a bad guy!"

"I know! Use Nebun!"

After that everybody backs out cause they think they're screwed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2014, 4:58 pm

Hey, we just need him to be in a certain area. He doesn't even have to really DO anything. He could be, like, vacationing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2014, 5:47 pm

Dusknoir wrote:
Probably wouldn't be a great idea to introduce Excallibur's brother-sword or something. But I could easilly see it being something like the Philosopher's stone or just making up a Magic Tool out of nowhere that could work. There would just have to be be 3 essential questions to answear. 1. Where is it? 2. What does it do? 3. How come no one's found it yet/ why is it so obscure nobody's heard of it until now?

Heck, we could probably take a design out of Da vinci's notes for something cool and ancient looking that would fit the style of the world pretty well.

Eibon spent years looking for imortality for his wife. I think if there was a philosophers stone, he would've found it, and it would most likely be in the DWMA's possesion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2014, 7:33 pm

If it even worked when he made it. it could have easilly needed too much time to activate or could have just been lost or stolen from him. As for the DWMA... weeellllllll........ Them having to track down the rest of the Magic Tools aside, the DWMA might not have even been aware that it's more than a myth. Especially if it's hidden so well nobody's found it yet or if it requires a specific event to become active.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2014, 8:39 pm

Point taken, the philosopher's stone is actually a good idea. That should be like the bru of this forum
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2014, 5:49 pm

Eyyy, what about Pandora's box? That might be an interesting idea.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2014, 10:16 pm

Yus! Pandora's box! Philosophers stone was used in FMA already anyways!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2014, 11:18 pm

How about excailburs sheathe Avalon? Or maybe something like the crucible (the cliche route) from mass effect, an object that can easily destroy either side. Or maybe a person or people that need to be recruited to either side to help them defeat eachother. Involving a long search followed by persuasion. And I'm rambling and nobody cares
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2014, 11:23 am

I'm not too sure about a person. I mean, there's no way having a full-scale battle over someone would go well. That's a lot of pretture to put on one guy. But Pandora's Box sounds pretty good! Maybe the box contains the essence of a past full-Kishin that will re-forms around whoever opens it to regain it's powers. So the DWMA would want to destroy it to prevent a Kishin from returning to the world or lock it up, and Witches could want to study it to find out how they can trap a Kishin's essence, and other groups could want the power of the Kishin on their side. Orr the box could have some higher "Holy Crap" stakes and be full of MULTIPLE Kishin!
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2014, 12:03 pm

Or maybe it's filled with murdering bunnies!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2014, 12:13 pm

.... Just yes! The evil takes the form of the darkest thoughts of the last person who opened it.... And the last person was afraid of rabbits. In fact, maybbeeee......... This would be a good chance to bust out the Bunny Tree! It's basically a tree that grows fake rabbits instead of fruit and can be VERY difficult to stop once it gets going. So, if a Bunny Tree takes root in your town, your best chance is to try and escape and regroup because the buildings will be completely consumed with them by them within a few hours.

It's an idea I've had floating around for a while, but never been able to implament for one reason or another.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2014, 6:20 pm

Umm, just what is Pandoras Box. Is a Magic Tool or something from the manga, cause I haven't read the manga.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitimeApril 4th 2014, 9:37 pm

Pandora's Box is an item from, I think, a Greek myth. I could be wrong, Romans stole a LOT from the Greeks. But it basically goes that there's a woman named Pandora who was created by the gods to be perfect but gained a cazy ammount of curiosity as one of the original humans.... Or something.... So, as a test, the gods created a box full of all kinds of evil crap. Monsters, famine, disease, I think several negative emotions, stuff like that. They gave the box to Pandora and told her not to open it but, eventually, she did because she was too curious. Kind-of like the forbidden fruit thing from the Bible, but much more straightforward.

It's not in the original Manga or Anime, but we're considering taking the object from the myth and making it a Magic Tool like how Excallibur was taken from the legend of King Arthur and turned into a weapon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll for what our story should be.   Poll for what our story should be. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll for what our story should be.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next