Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sketch Dump

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 9:41 pm

Sketch Dump  1o36m0
I have some digital but Im way too lazy to upload those right now...
I'll update this every now and again... Im lazy. :D
Oh, and I can do requests if you have any interest, practice makes perfecf, right?

Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 3:09 pm

The profile looks strange for some reason...
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 3:25 pm

If you don't mind some constructive criticism, I have some tips/suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 3:26 pm

Oooh! The lips and the nose seem a little big.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 3:27 pm

I love getting criticism to help me improve, thank you very much :) !

These definitely aren't my best sketches, and Im more than likely will update them later on~
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 3:37 pm

The clothes, sketches, and 3/4s view are great and look a lot like the Soul Eater style. They could perhaps use more detail (at least the clothes) but as far as the profile goes, I think I know why it seems off.

For starters, her head seems a bit disproportional to her body (too long/tall). The nose shape doesn't really match up with the 3/4s view and actually seems a bit too big, but for the type of nose you drew, you did an excellent job. The next part would be the lips, which are an overall pain to draw most of the time anyway. You have the overall shape down, but the upper lip seems a bit too big and without being colored, I think it might be mistaken as a mustache at first. Don't get me wrong, it is BRILLIANTLY done, but that's how it is seeming to me.

How old is this character? She looks adorable and sort of tomboyish, but due to the lack of full figure (without the context of the other sketches), its sort of hard to tell that she's a relatively flat-chested girl.

Overall, though, I think that these are really well done, and I like her hair a lot. If you ever color it, post it, please! :)
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 5:06 pm

Thank you for the tips! I've just started drawing the 'semi human' type (The image of Shizu on the right) and have been looking for some suggestions.

Shizu is around the 14-15 year old age. As for her shape, I've been working and toying around with that recently... just trying to get a feel for it.

Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 5:12 pm

Heheheheheheh FEEL for it..!
Sorry.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 6:14 pm

That's no problem! And I like Shizu a lot. She seems like a very interesting character.

Wanna do an art trade sometime? :)
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 6:27 pm

I appreciate it!

Of course! That sounds like a ton of fun.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 6:31 pm

No problem whatsoever xD

Sweet! :) Pick one of my character's (Akira is my roommate's, not mine) from my signature and feel free to draw him/her :) I'll give you extended details if you ask, and I'll draw Shizu! :D
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 6:43 pm

After some thought, Ive decided to draw Antonio. Is there anything in specific that youd like me to draw?
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 8:10 pm

He happens to have the most specific character description, so I would say good pick haha Nothing specific comes to mind, unless you want to replace his arms with his blades (they look exactly like the picture). I think that would be interesting as well as a good challenge :)

Do you have anything specific in mind for my end of the deal? Oh! Also, to see my work, Ihave a sketch of one of my characters on my Deviantart. My username there is HisAngelicRose
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 9:38 pm

Alright, got it!

As for my part, could you possibly draw her sitting in/by a tree?
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 9:58 pm

Alrighty :) If you have any questions, just let me know!

Any preference on the type of tree? Also, it probably won't be until sometime next week (maybe Wednesday/Thursday) that I can post the pic.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 10:01 pm

Maybe some sort of the following; Sakura, Japanese Cherry Blossom...

And that sounds just fine to me.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 10:09 pm

Those two are the same xD

Sketch, colored outline, or full color?
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 10:14 pm

I realized that shortly afterwards xD You have one job, brain...

I think a colored outline with do just fine.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitimeMay 1st 2014, 10:37 pm

Hahahaha it happens to all of us :)

Alrighty! ^-^ I'll post it to a separate topic when I'm done so that this one stays yours, 'kay? :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sketch Dump  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sketch Dump    Sketch Dump  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sketch Dump
Page 1 of 1