Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Tried Sewing...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

I Tried Sewing... Empty
PostSubject: I Tried Sewing...   I Tried Sewing... I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2014, 9:29 am

And I'm so proud of myself xD
This is my Maka Albarn outfit test thingie. All of it was sewn by yours truly. This isn't the most recent picture since you can't see the cuffs or collar, however... The shoes were spray-painted db black and the white is $2 ribbon from Meijer. This costed a total of $30 and was a great learning experience :p

I Tried Sewing... Mcx0l1
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

I Tried Sewing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Tried Sewing...   I Tried Sewing... I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2014, 11:34 am

I say it looks good, barring the sleeves, which look a bit thin to me.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

I Tried Sewing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Tried Sewing...   I Tried Sewing... I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2014, 4:33 pm

Yeah, they look really thin from this angle, but they're actually quite bigger.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

I Tried Sewing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Tried Sewing...   I Tried Sewing... I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2014, 4:58 pm

That's good then.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

I Tried Sewing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Tried Sewing...   I Tried Sewing... I_icon_minitimeAugust 25th 2014, 6:08 pm

Wow that looks really good. You got some natural creative talent there. Keep working at it! ^w^
Back to top Go down

I Tried Sewing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Tried Sewing...   I Tried Sewing... I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 12:01 pm

Good work! Keep us posted on how it's coming. We'd love to see your finished cosplay. :)
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

I Tried Sewing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Tried Sewing...   I Tried Sewing... I_icon_minitimeAugust 26th 2014, 5:26 pm

Thank you guys so much :D I'll keep some updates on it. This costume is for a con in Ann Arbor at the Delta Plex in November.
Back to top Go down
Knight Guy
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Knight Guy

I Tried Sewing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Tried Sewing...   I Tried Sewing... I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2014, 5:56 pm

*^* It looks amazing! It's like...professional quality. *wishes he could make own cosplay* I could only imagine how much better it feels to sew your own costume as opposed to buying one. And it's cheaper too I assume.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

I Tried Sewing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Tried Sewing...   I Tried Sewing... I_icon_minitimeAugust 27th 2014, 10:15 pm

Thank you so much! ^-^ I just had nothing to do all summer so I decided to try it, totally worth it. And yes, it's much cheaper than the $60-$75+ Maka outfit and $50+ Shoes.
Back to top Go down

I Tried Sewing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Tried Sewing...   I Tried Sewing... I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2014, 9:12 pm

I bet there are people here who would be glad to pay you for your work, you know.
Back to top Go down
Knight Guy
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Knight Guy

I Tried Sewing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Tried Sewing...   I Tried Sewing... I_icon_minitimeAugust 28th 2014, 9:47 pm

Beyril Stone wrote:
I bet there are people here who would be glad to pay you for your work, you know.
I would be one of those people XP
Back to top Go down

I Tried Sewing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Tried Sewing...   I Tried Sewing... I_icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2014, 9:17 am

I would pay actual money for that. I probably wouldn't wear it, I would just... Own it. I would personally be proud to own, let alone, make something like that.

I Tried Sewing... Yoshio
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

I Tried Sewing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Tried Sewing...   I Tried Sewing... I_icon_minitimeAugust 29th 2014, 2:19 pm

I'd do the same thing :p

I'm afraid to even wear it considering I ruin things... a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I Tried Sewing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Tried Sewing...   I Tried Sewing... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Tried Sewing...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Eater Roleplay :: Member Section :: Art and Literature-
Jump to: