Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

T-Timestamps?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

T-Timestamps? Empty
PostSubject: T-Timestamps?   T-Timestamps? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 10th 2015, 12:39 pm

Erm, I have a few questions about the timestamps, first, what's the essential purpose? Is it to just keep track of time for real time or rp time? Because if it's for Rp time I'd be skeptical, I mean, if you go by real time for Rp time it would suck, because what if you have an awesome idea for a thread but you want it at night but it's day when you'll only be available on the site, and when you eventually get to rp at night you don't have the motivation anymore? Also, we'd actually go by.months? That could be longer than you think, especially if someone wanted to make a thread in another country because of the specific holiday that happens in that countrydduring that month, but they have to wait four weeks to make it? They might loose motivation or forget about making it?
And also, what if someone is inactive for a month because of internet issues and they wanted to make a thread for their character's birthday that was in that month, is it going to be "Uh, derp, sorry, new month, no party for your character" ?

And do we have to actually count the time during the thread to keep track of time? If someone is in the middle of heated conversation in Rp or a thrilling mission or battle? I don't think they'd be paying attention to time.

So please, enlighten me on this subject....
Back to top Go down

T-Timestamps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Timestamps?   T-Timestamps? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2015, 4:28 am

I believe that if you put timestamp on your thread the time will freeze for the said thread. Example:
I timestamp a thread to be 2.2 10 am. The next post comes a week later, because of a some problem, the time will still be 2.2 10 am, unless it is mentioned to change (example the character arrived 30 mins late, then the time would be 10.30 am)

EDIT: Straight from the rules: 8.) Beginning on January 1st, 2015, we will be following a semi standard flow of time. Unless otherwise stated, the date a thread begins on will be it's starting date. Time will then flow as detailed in the thread. We will follow the months of the year as best as possible.
Back to top Go down

T-Timestamps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Timestamps?   T-Timestamps? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2015, 2:56 pm

Question: Assuming that the anime takes place in 2008, and the rules page says we're roughly 17 years after the end... Are we currently in 2025? 26? 28? Not sure if we would be adding 17 to 2008 or 2009 (which is when the anime's initial run ended), and whether or not it would be adding 17 or 19 now that the site is 2 years old?
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

T-Timestamps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Timestamps?   T-Timestamps? I_icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2015, 7:07 pm

It's adding that to 2009. It would be 2026
Back to top Go down
https://souleaterrp.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

T-Timestamps? Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-Timestamps?   T-Timestamps? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T-Timestamps?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Eater Roleplay :: Member Section :: Randomness-
Jump to: