Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

-| Sledge Bellham |- (WiP)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

-| Sledge Bellham |- (WiP) Empty
PostSubject: -| Sledge Bellham |- (WiP)   -| Sledge Bellham |- (WiP) I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2015, 1:53 pm

-| Sledge Bellham |- (WiP) Ezbq18cf39h

Bellham, Sledge

Gender/Sex: Male

Meister: N/A | Autonomous

Weapon Form:

-| Sledge Bellham |- (WiP) Yyky3762eyqp

The weapon is in the form of a hammer, roughly 5 ft in length, with a large, cuboid head of gray stone. Engraved in the head are strange inscriptions and ancient runes. The grip at the end of the handle is a swords grip wrapped in black leather, complete with knob and guard. The main part of the handle consists of a thick pice of iron, upon which engravings were inscribed, that gradually broadens towards the head.

The hammer is in fact a two-piece weapon, consisting of a blade roughly 4 ft in length and a hammerhead connected to the iron handle, which acts as a sort of "sheath" for the blade. The middle piece of the handle, in which the sword is placed, engulfs the entirety of the blade. A mechanism in the hammer can be triggered that releases the blade from the tight grip. When the blade has been revealed, it locks up and is connected to the handle again. The second blade can be locked at any point allowing for variations in reach, which makes additional tactics in combat possible. The connection between blade and handle is strong enough to withstand even the fiercest of blows and only the mechanism near the "sword grip" will cause that connection to sever. On his own, Sledge can trigger the mechanisms to both sever and connect blade and handle.

Love Interest: N/A

Orientation (Sexual/Romantic): Straight

Appearance: Sledge is 6'4" tall and has a muscular build. His broad shoulders and strong hands are certainly advantagious for his kind of weaponry. He has ashblonde hair of medium length and since he's not really concerned with style, he just lets it fall down. His eyes are icy blue and they always seem to have a piercing gaze because of it. He has dark circles under his eyes most of the time since he has a habit of not sleeping much. He has a ruggishly handsome face and lets his facial hair grow to a short beard. His skincolour is white.
Because of the aforementioned lack of interest in style, he doesn't put much effort in his outfits. He mostly wears longsleeved shirts, though he always rolls the sleeves up over his elbows lest they get in the way of his hands - and get damaged in the process. He mostly wears dark pants and footwear of light material that don't hinder him in a fight.

Personality: Sledge is very much his own person, having been pressed into the role of outsider at an early age. This leads to a small problem with authority, but only to the extent that he won't follow orders that are completely opposed to his sense of morality and justice. He received negative input from others because of his abilities, but thanks to the support he received he never internalized those messages. Instead he developed disdain for people's superstitions and has no patience for irrationality and fear. Being a weapon himself, he feels responsible for the actions of supernaturals against normal people, which lead to anger against and a desire to hunt for them. Not wanting to simply slay those who oppose him, which in Sledge's eyes is as bad as being one of those prejudiced and afraid and not wanting to prove them right by becoming a coldblooded killer, he rather sets out to turn those supernaturals from their ways. He shows a high level of tolerance for people acting out because of anger and mistrust and he shows acceptance for those who have committed misdeeds in the past. He is very protective of people, especially other supernaturals.
He can seem introverted and and unsociable, but that's simply an aftereffect of basically being alone for years and also never having to deal with a lot of people who don't know him. He is actually quick to smile and has a good sense of humour, which makes him adore - above all - people who can make him laugh. He also loves to argue, at times, about philosophy and human's - and weapon's - inherent flaws and holds people who can challenge his beliefs in high regard.

History: Sledge had a relatively normal childhood in England with middle-class parents, who pretty much accepted his differences as a weapon when he discovered his abilities at age 13. Having had many interests in his childhood, he grew up to be an educated man with an awake mind. He's had an interest in martial arts from an early age and started training as a hobby when he was ten years old. He experienced his first change during a very difficult training exercise. Trying to push himself beyond his capabilities, he transformed his hand into the head of a hammer and smashed through several solid stone plates. Not everyone was as accepting of him as his parents, but Sledge pretty much learned to live with it. He did however, hear the stories of dark weapons and other supernaturals wreaking havoc across the world. Being one of them himself, he developed a strong disdain for those who use their powers to make the world a worse place, thus proving people's superstitions right.
And so he started hunting for them. He was succesful at it, slaying several supernaturals and even turning some around. However, following a particularly dangerous fight which he barely survived, he decided that he needed support - and especially training. Loath to follow anyones orders but still curious about a place full of people like him, he made the decision to join the DWMA.

Miscellaneous: Date of birth: March 15

Have You Read the Rules?
"I love Soul Eater"

Last edited by Arphemius on May 20th 2015, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -| Sledge Bellham |- (WiP)   -| Sledge Bellham |- (WiP) I_icon_minitimeMay 19th 2015, 8:34 pm

Okay so awesome character!

However I can approve your application I need you to change a few things.
1. You do have several grammar mistakes (check for run on sentences) so fix those
2. You CANNOT have two weapon forms, it's in the rules.
3. Give me two more paragraphs for his appearance.

So fix those and lemme know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -| Sledge Bellham |- (WiP)   -| Sledge Bellham |- (WiP) I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2015, 4:41 pm

"1. (Firstly, quite amusing how you forgot "before" here. Always when you correct other people, always...)
All right, I tried to fix everything. Might be I missed something, though. Let me know!
Also, I'm actually german, so there may be some problems with "reader friendly" writing. I can only ask for your patience in that regard.

2.Yeah, I thought there might be some problems here. I asked Ithaqua and he just told me to go for it and see what you guys say. I tried to put a new spin on it to make it a single indivisible weapon, but still retain some uniqueness. Tell me if that's okay or if I should turn it into a regular old hammer.

3.Do - do you actually mean parapraphs? I tried to add some more(even though the original version seemed to be as long as most on this site(including one of yours actually;) )), but I don't think I could add about twice as much content."

Usually people reply directly onto the thread so i moved your message here for you instead. It's also for the purpose of other users being able to read our conversation.

Anyway, you need to scrap the second weapon form. Although Ithaqua is a valued member of our community he isn't a moderator and has no power over what can be accepted and what can't. We don't allow multiple weapon forms, end of story. You can however add other abilities, it doesn't have to be a "plain old hammer." I have the feeling you are basing it off of the God Thor, so why don't add some kind of nature element? Perhaps when connected with a meister it can deliver wicked blows of lightening? Also don't forget about the changes you can put it through for soul resonance! i have a bow weapon that turns into a catapult when in soul resonance.

Secondly - the appearance section. I can promise you if i passed this application to another mod or admin they would say the same exact thing, it's simply too short. I am willing to let this slide because the rest of your application has been cleaned up and its obvious you put some thought into this character.

So your application is officially accepted and you can now start posting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -| Sledge Bellham |- (WiP)   -| Sledge Bellham |- (WiP) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

-| Sledge Bellham |- (WiP)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul Eater Roleplay :: Characters :: Character Creation :: Weapon Creation :: Inactive Weapons-
Jump to: