Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open) Empty
PostSubject: A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open)   A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open) I_icon_minitimeMay 31st 2015, 12:06 pm

Xavier strolled into a carpenter's shop for perhaps the fifth time in a week. The shopkeeper let out a long sigh as he recognized Xavier's distinct slow steps intrude on his peaceful reading. Xavier put his hands on his hips as he thought of what he needed to get next. He had missed working in his father's garage, so recently he had been working on turning one of apartment rooms into a workshop. The neighbors hadn't taken too kindly to all the new racket, and so Xavier resolved to purchase some soundproof material and line the walls of his new workshop. He turned to the shopkeeper, "Where do you keep your sound insulation material?" The shopkeeper didn't bother to lower his newspaper and pointed to some relative location in the back of the store. Xavier nodded and began walking towards the rear, and he swore he heard the shopkeeper mumble something, but it wasn't really too much of his concern.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open)   A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2015, 10:16 pm

Close to the back of the shop, a blue-haired girl browsed the various supply of building materials. Apparently it was 'her fault' that a few of the picnic tables back at the Academy were destroyed. So as 'punishment' she had to put them back together again. Lord Death just couldn't send her off on a remedial lesson instead. Whatever. She had too much free time, anyway. "Who knew a place could have so many different types of nails?" Asako murmured, followed by an impressed whistle. She then proceeded to walk around the isles. The store wasn't insanely busy, for that much she was grateful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open)   A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2015, 10:50 pm

Xavier found what he was looking for in one of the rear isles, just as the shopkeeper had pointed out, and he took a few moments to consider the different materials he could use. He knew it was important to always make sure to get the best products, but without paying extra for any silly name products and extra flair. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully as he continued to debate in his mind.

Hmmm.... this one's cheaper... but it could be unreliable. Should I pay extra for this feature? or is just flash and bang?

Xavier raised his eyebrows as he heard footsteps and mumbling a little aways and he glanced over quickly to spot a blue haired girl. He shook his head inwardly as he noticed that her hands looked like they never built a thing in their lifetime. Still out of courtesy he asked,"Watcha plannin' on working on?" Natural carpenters were always curious about other people's projects, and Xavier himself was willing to give a few tips to an aspiring handyworker.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open)   A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2015, 11:17 pm

It took a minute for Asako to even acknowledge that she was being spoken to. When no other voice was heard, she moved her head from side to side then finally saw who had asked. When she met the carpenter's eyes she was a bit thrown off. Needless to say, she didn't feel the need to make a fool out of herself. "A bench... It sort of got split in two." she finally replied, regaining her lax composure. Her arms were comfortably crossed as she drew her gaze from his, to the wall of building supplies. "I guess I got a bit sidetracked." she added with a half-hearted chuckle once she finally noticed how far she had drifted. The supplies she needed weren't even in that section of the store.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open)   A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2015, 2:56 pm

"Hm. Must've been a fairly heavyset person... or the bench was poorly made." Xavier snorted in both humor and disappointment, well-made benches weren't easily broken, and he nodded to himself slightly as he thought putting his own bench into his workshop. He shrugged as he realized that a bench would just be a waste of space, and he returned to finding a suitable roll of soundproof material. He decided upon a nice middle between price and quality, and grabbed two rolls while turning back to the blue-haired girl."I'm gonna be kinda honest, you look like you could use some pointers or something." Xavier had attempted to word his offer of help politely, but there really wasn't any point in beating around the bush.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open)   A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 8th 2015, 11:44 pm

Yeah... It'd be hard to believe that someone my size could break a bench so easily. Asako exhaled heavily. Even though her pride wouldn't let her admit it aloud, she was hoping that someone could point her at least in the right direction. "I guess I might. This is my first time trying to fix a bench, after all." she replied and cast her gaze to the side. It was actually her first time fixing anything that involves actual tools. Typically when she broke something, she just ignored it's existence or denied that she did it. Immature, I know. She wasn't necessarily the 'responsible' type. The weapon looked at the merchandise he had and suddenly grew curious. "Well, lead the way."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open)   A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2015, 4:25 pm

"Well, clearly you're gonna want to start with some wood, so I'd suggest getting bunch of 2 by 4's of different lengths." Xavier stopped to think about the dimensions of an average bench and spoke again. "I'm thinking maybe 4 2x4's for the actual seat, 4 2x2's for the legs and and 2 final 2x4's for the supports." He made sure to list the different sizes slowly so that the blue-haired girl could remember them. After making sure that she knew the pieces that she would need, Xavier would point to where the wood is in the store. "You go on and get that wood, while I pay for these." Xavier motioned to the 2 rolls he held and turned to start walking towards the storekeeper. As he walked away, Xavier called over his shoulder, "I'm Xavier, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open)   A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 9th 2015, 11:56 pm

Asako looked toward the direction Xavier had pointed her toward, and she immediately made her way down the isle. However, she paused to introduce herself. "I'm Asako." She replied simply, turning back to him with a smile. Her black shoes clacked against the tile flooring once again as she continued on her journey to find the fabled '2x4's' and '2x2's'. Once she made it, the girl was instantly intrigued by all of the different types of wood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open)   A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 10th 2015, 9:16 pm

Xavier payed for the soundproof material and arranged for it to be delivered to his apartment. He had no interest in lugging such a heavy load all the way to his home, and he realized he was actually looking to helping someone. He made his way to where he had directed Asako, and was mildly impressed that she looked somewhat interested in the different types of wood.

"First you'll need 4 of those" He interrupted her gandering and pointed to the 2x2's that were marked with '12 in'. "These will be the legs of the bench and 12 inches seems tall enough, especially since we'll be putting about 2 more inches of wood on top of them." He would wait for her to grab 4 of the 2x4's before proceeding. "Next you'll need 3 2x4's for the actual seat itself, 4 if you don't want any space between them." This time he would assist her in getting the long pieces of wood. "Finally you'll need some supports to put everything together." Instead of explaining the sizes, Xavier grabbed 4 2x4's of different lengths. "This amount of wood should definitely be enough for one bench."
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open)   A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2015, 11:48 pm

Asako took in all of the information she could, processing it at a decent pace. Her deep blue eyes shifted hastily back and forth as she searched for the numbers he had mentioned. "Okay, that makes sense..." She replied, hands brushing against the planks of wood. "There were iron arms on the bench, is it possible to replace those as well?" The weapon turned on her heels, facing Xavier. "I mean I can roll without them, if it's too much trouble... I don't mean to waste your time." she added quickly afterwards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open)   A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 12th 2015, 6:11 pm

Xavier frowned as Asako added in the extra detail for the bench. He pursed his lips as he realized that perhaps he wasn't getting a full story, but he shrugged because it wasn't like that he was paying for the materials. "Well, unless you plan on welding them yourself, you can just go get a pair of arms over there." He pointed to the other side of the aisle where there were plenty of different sizes to pick from. "You should also grab a good amount of nails, I'd suggest the ones that are 4 inches."
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open)   A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open) I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2015, 10:14 pm

As much as learning the art of welding intrigued the weapon, Asako realized that she simply didn't have the time to pick up the whole art. Plus, buying the arms would be a lot easier. "Okay, nails. Four inches..." She noted, then shuffled over towards the arms. I really should've grabbed a cart... the bluenette thought then grumbled. Then she noticed, as destiny would have it, that there was an abandoned cart just on the opposite end of the aisle. She strode over and swiped the cart, but noticed that someone else was shopping. A teacher from the Academy... Oh no,this is the last thing I need. If it was her luck, this teacher would recognize her and probably yell at her for skipping one of their classes, which she probably did. So, the weapon cautiously, but hastily, sped away. She snatched a pair of arms from the shelf, then zoomed towards the nail selection. But before she completely blew past, she paused by Xavier. "By the way, thanks for sparing some of your time! Without you I'd be pretty... Lost."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open)   A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Workshop Needs Quality Materials (Open)
Page 1 of 1