Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Fortunate Happenstance? (Idoc)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

A Fortunate Happenstance? (Idoc) Empty
PostSubject: A Fortunate Happenstance? (Idoc)   A Fortunate Happenstance? (Idoc) I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2015, 10:27 pm

Thursday, October 29, 2015
Approximately 11:45 a.m.

Thisbe's day had been uneventful so far, although she wasn't exactly expecting anything outrageous or even remotely interesting.  After all, despite the fact that the academy was for magical weapons and those who wielded them, it was a school.  Places of learning were bound to become dreary at some point, and Thisbe was resigned to her fate, if a bit more dramatically than was necessary.  This was apparent, what with the whole dragging of her feet and moaning despairingly which was occurring.

"I can't believe that we have to get up at... whatever time it is that we get up in the morning?"  The girl paused mid-way through her complaint, blushing a furious shade of red.  Hopefully no one else heard that, she reflected miserably.  After all, she was only a new student, and her goal wasn't at all to come off as being rude or ungrateful.  In fact, Thisbe had moved into the dorms and was eating lunch in the cafeteria in order to make an effort to associate with the other students more closely.  Typically she would have simply skipped all meals besides breakfast and a mid-afternoon snack (perhaps in the middle of class), but yet here she was, standing awkwardly in the middle of the refectory, shouting about the unfairness of life.

Thisbe frowned: her own perspective on her actions wasn't particularly flattering, so what were others thinking of her at the moment?  Blinking with contemplation, the girl slid into a nearby seat.  She didn't actually recognize anyone at the table; well, a girl with shorter hair looked a bit familiar.  The rose haired meister placed her tray directly in front of her and folded her hands in her lap, silently hoping that they wouldn't ask her to move-- or worse, that they would move themselves.  Should she introduce herself?

"Um... my name is Thisbe.  Excuse my improper etiquette, may I sit here?"  There was no harm in asking, right?  The worst they could do was... uh, reject her.  Dang it all, she should have just kept her mouth shut.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: A Fortunate Happenstance? (Idoc)   A Fortunate Happenstance? (Idoc) I_icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2015, 11:00 pm

Chicory was looking down at her bowl of ramen, twirling the noodles randomly around the vegetables as she reflected on current events. Mainly the situation regarding her new roommates. Now nothing was wrong with her new roommates, it was just... the first impressions...that were... awkward... First she scared her first new roommate Raicheal out of her skin, not the best thing to do for a first impression at all. She was still apologizing to Raicheal for it, and Raicheal in turn was apologizing to Chicory. She giggled a bit as she thought about it. To be honest Chicory and Raicheal were alike in a lot of ways. Shw was actually excited to get to know her better.

Annabelle... on the other hand... is definitely on the "Avoid if Possible" list. Chicory didn't know what was up with her, but those pills she took are definitely bad news. What doctor would even... actually, nevermind... It was at that point Chicory went on to think about the other girl that had been assigned to her room. Amidst all the Chaos Chicory never got to really get a good conversation in. She wondered what she was like... as a matter of fact, what was her name? Oh man, Chicory couldn't even remember the girls name... was it Fistle? Thistle? It was then that Chicory was alerted by a girl suddenly sitting down on the long table and introducing herself. It was then that the thought hit Chicory like an artist's inspiration.

"Ah, Thisbe! ..."A moment of silence passed as the purple haired girl was pointing her chopsticks towards the newly arrived Thisbe. After about 5 seconds Chicory's face turned a bright red, realizing she just barked a thought out loud. Chicory then slowly put her chopsticks on the table and her hands in her lap, trying to stay calm. "...uh, uh, umm... yeah, um p-please t-t-take a seat... aren't you one of the... n-new g-girls... in the... dorm?" Her sentence was getting exceptionally lower in pitch as it went on, and she dragged it out a little bit too. All she could think about was how much more embarrassing it would be if she ran away crying out of the cafeteria. So instead, she held her breathe as she waited for a response from the new girl who's name she just blurted out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Fortunate Happenstance? (Idoc)   A Fortunate Happenstance? (Idoc) I_icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2015, 8:38 pm

Upon hearing her own name, immediately the girl's countenance brightened, although she did make an effort, so that her relief was not completely obvious.  Thisbe greeted the other student with a bright smile, hastily fishing out her name from the messy jumble piled up within her skull.  This was... Chicory?  The rose haired girl had a notoriously bad short-term memory; it was really just about nonexistent.  Thankfully, her conjecture was verified when the girl mumbled an inquiry concerning whether Thisbe had been one of the new students now living in the dorms.  She was more than willing to answer, and she did so with perhaps a bit too much enthusiasm.

“Yes!  I just moved into the dorms a few days ago...” Thisbe trailed off uncertainly, noticing that the other student seemed to be pointing dramatically in her direction with a pair of thin wooden dowels-- except they were sharpened into two points, which were very close to the girl’s face.  Was it a weapon of some sort?  Perhaps it was a charm or method to ward off evil, in which case Thisbe had certainly not done anything to incur the wrath and curses of any magical beings.  She managed a tight smile in Chicory’s direction and asked a bit coolly, not sounding very friendly at all, “What are you doing?”  Seconds afterwords, the girl reflected on her actions and realized that she could likely have sounded a bit brusque or impolite, but Thisbe felt as though she was being accused of something.  After all, she certainly hadn’t committed any crimes beyond perhaps a white lie here or there.

Once again, just a few short moments later, the pinkette’s expression relaxed, and she smiled much more genuinely at Chicory.  “I’m sorry, it’s just that... are you pointing craft materials at me for a specific reason?”  Inwardly, Thisbe cursed at her own hasty words.  She had been trying to fix the situation, but instead the girl sounded much more sarcastic and rude than gently questioning.  Should she stand up and bow in apology?  Or would that come off as making fun of the other student as well?  And should she really have to apologize anyways?  It could have easily been a joke... oh, but-!  Thisbe bit her lip in consternation.

The girl really did seem to have a bit of a split personality sometimes; that or at least, she possessed a constantly fluctuating personality and emotions.  Thisbe's focus seemed to switch from being self-righteous to being amicable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Fortunate Happenstance? (Idoc)   A Fortunate Happenstance? (Idoc) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Fortunate Happenstance? (Idoc)
Page 1 of 1