Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hard work and friendship (Open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Hard work and friendship (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2016, 11:20 am

9:45 PM
2/21/16

It was a wonderful day outside in death city. At a comfortable 85 degrees out it was a perfect day to put on some sunscreen and get outside for a change. Josh had invited his friend and partner Plum out to share it with him. Josh had been hoping for some progress in their ability to resonate for the last few weeks. He believed in Plum, but he wanted her to do so as well. He sat on top of a tall, wooden training dummy. Kicking his feet off the edge as he waited for her to come.
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 21st 2016, 9:03 pm

This place was great! They gave Plum a dorm, yeah she had to share it, but who cares? A bed was a huge upgrade from couches and benches. Not to mention, even though she hadn't made a lot of friends, she still got to hang out with Josh often. She was able to eat decently, she could shower whenever she needed one, plus she was enrolled in school. Why hadn't she come here sooner?

Well, whatever. Plum was here now, and today specifically, she was on her way to go do some training with Josh. They hadn't done a lot of training together, though to be fair, they hadn't known each-other that long either. Walking over, Plum greeted Josh with a large smile, her arms behind her head casually. "Hey, sorry, I got a little lost on the way here, but I managed." She explained, stopping a few feet away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2016, 10:29 am

"Hey that's fine. Glad to see you Plum. They literally designed the damn place to be a maze. When I'm late to anywhere I always end up tilting every painting I walk across a bit to the side. But anyways, we've finally got some quality time together! I want to use every second we've got to get ahed of the rest. I've brought some stuff out here, why don't you transform so we can get started right away? We can go get lunch afterwords." He said with a smile at seeing his friend once again. He held up his hand, expecting to catch her.
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2016, 12:26 pm

Josh seemed so pumped. It was good to know that Plum's partner was so determined. "Sure thing!" Plum replied with an excited nod, bursting into her usual pink light and taking her weapon form. While her handle was hot this time, it wasn't a burning kind of hot... More of a general warmth? Like sitting by a campfire or something. Despite this, it didn't seem like they were off sync... More like Plum was just kinda generating heat?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2016, 2:31 pm

Josh felt his partner radiating the warmth in his hands. To him, it felt like a calm sunlight on a cold summers morning. He could also feel that their resonance was very strong. However, and he was already chalking these thoughts up to his own lustful desire for power. What if the heat was coming from something else? There were a million and one things that different weapons could do within their forms. They all had many differences. But what if...?

He gives a fervent nod to having his partner in his hands once more. "Feels right... Now. I'm ready to get started." The miester walked past a few tree's over to the burlap targets he had set up earlier in the morning. "Earlier I figured that hey, if your weapon forms all balenced up for throwing. We might as well see just how it works. Are you ready?"
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 29th 2016, 12:50 am

Plum reflected in the blade, her ribbon wrapping itself around his lower arm. "Sounds reasonable. Go ahead." She replied, readying herself. He has a point... A kunai WAS a throwing weapon... The ribbon would probably serve as a tether to keep him from losing her... And if she got stuck she could always transform and make her way back on foot, it'd just be risky in a fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 2nd 2016, 6:20 pm

Josh felt the ribbon wrap around his arm. The very same idea of anchoring occurred to him with this, he just hoped that it was long enough, and strong enough to give him some good reach. This could actually be a big ol boon to what he could do in a fight if he mastered it. With that, Josh focused himself, got a controlled grip on the hilt of his partner. And flung her as hard as he could. Aiming for the bulls eye.
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2016, 8:04 am

The kunai sailed through the air, the ribbon seeming to extend to accommodate the throw. It sank into the target with a light thunk, begining to singe the burlap around her blade. If the knife stayed in place too long, the burlap may even begin to give off a bit of smoke. "I think... I'm burning it...?" Plum stated, a bit confused by her own endevor.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2016, 2:41 pm

Lunartic had decided to take a few risks today, rearing his into Death City during the day. Usually he would be out in the desert trying his best to survive the sun that threatened to roast his skin but today he had decided to try something different. He would wander into Death City during the night to study his newest target but usually then, it would be far too dark to take in the scenery of Death City. With the sun out, he was able to look over things in much greater detail. He needed to only worry about a few skilled Meisters that could examine his soul for what he truly was. Regardless, Lunartic showed little to no fear of being discovered that day. Instead, he was more interested about uncovering the truths that this city was hiding. The truths that may just help Lunartic understand why this place felt so familiar to him. He could've sworn he had been here before but all of the knowledge he held before the trip would suggest that he had never been here before.

Lunartic had to wonder, could even more of his dormant memories be awaked if he traveled into the heart of Death City? Trespassing on DWMA may have been the most dangerous thing Lunartic has ever done but the sights and sensations the place gave him were truly rewarding enough for him to press on with his endeavors. He narrowly avoided many students and teachers, occasionally only being spotted by students who lacked soul perception. These students still gave him odd looks however, possibly wondering why he was on school campus with such terrible looking clothes. His stretched out shirt appeared a few sizes too big for him while his baggy sweatpants simply seemed to sprinkle specks of sand all over the place. It wasn't too long after that Lunartic made it onto the training grounds, immediately taking note of how soft and cool the grass felt to his feet. Lunartic also found a Meister and Weapon pair out there. Curious about what exactly they were doing, he called out to them in a very nonchalant manner, "Hey, what are you two up to out here?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2016, 10:33 pm

Josh looked nice and impressed on what the weapon had done to the target. Especially since he was half expecting to miss it at this range.... But no way! Not with Plum in his hands. He carefully yanked back on the ribbon to get his partner back. It was then that he noticed the man looking over at them. Yeesh, he'd known one homeless person very well in his life. And they dressed wayyyy better than him. Just when he was about ready to give him directions to goodwill. He heard him speak. Lacking any soul perception or the wisdom to know better. He called back roughly. "Just getting stronger with my weapon partner! Why are you bothering us, what do you want to fight?" He said in his usual, if only habitual rough exterior.
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2016, 3:20 pm

Plum came back to Josh's hand, transforming back to her human form and landing a bit to the right of Josh. She gave the stranger a little wave. "Don't mind Josh, he's not as mean as he acts!" She cooed, giving Josh a teasing smile before adding, "He's actually really nice. Care to train with us?"
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2016, 4:37 am

Lunartic was taken aback by Josh's words that were spoken in such a harsh tone. He then listened to Plum who was assuring him that Josh really wasn't as mean as he sounded. She too would ask if he would like to train with them but he word first have to raise the question, "Sure, I suppose I could serve as your sparring partner but why are you both trying to get stronger? Are you preparing for a fight?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 6th 2016, 11:08 am

Josh grimaced at Plums reassurance to Lunartic. No it wasn't delightful to turn people away who could help them. But it also wasn't nice to not be able to practice for two minutes before somebody came up to bother you. Whatever, he could sate his irritation by beating on this guy for however many minutes it would take to convince him not to come back again. "There's always gunna be a fight for students here." He answered back to Lunartic. Never mind the fact that he and his partner were behind everybody his age because it took him a year longer to find someone to pair with. "But fine, you have our attention. You wanna go grab a partner or a big rock to use as a weapon so's this doesn't end in the next minute?" He said in a tone indicating that he was tolerating Lunartic and nothing more.
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2016, 3:24 pm

Plum nodded at Josh's comment. "The stronger we get, the easier it is to hunt Kishin Eggs." She added, a big smile on her face. She did think letting the stranger get a weapon was a good idea. After all, her blade was sharp... It'd be risky to fight without some way of blocking their attacks. They might accidentally hurt him, which wouldn't be good... If they tried to not hit him at all, she'd be more of a hindrance than a help.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2016, 11:18 am

"Just as I thought... All this place ever worries about... Is forcing the will of Death upon others.", he whispered under his breath, staring down at the ground to prevent the two from seeing the majority of his disappointed expression. He brought his back up and decided to share a philosophy, "I know it's unavoidable for students like you to kill for Death but I want to get one point across to you both. This world is filled with many shades of grey, everything isn't just black and white. Sure two greys from the opposite spectrum as each other may have to clash but they both have goals, aspirations, hopes, despairs, insecurities, and last but not least... Justifications for their actions. When you kill someone, no matter who they are, you're taking all of those things from them. They'll never come back. I won't tell you that killing another is wrong, just make sure that you're justifications are truly just. In the end, you're your own judge of your justifications."

With this off his chest, Lunartic sprouted ten chains from his back, five from each side of his back curling around to form a sort of second rib cage on the outside of his body. From the palms of his hands he also sprouted more chains that stood erect, almost like police batons that could be used to severely beat someone. "About my weapon, I am my own Weapon. Nobody was ever interested with partnering with me, so I just settled with being autonomous." It was then that Lunartic activated his crimson blade ability, turning each of his chains into lightsabers in a sense. "I'll hold back and give you both the first strike."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2016, 10:10 pm

What was this guy on about? Was there a place in this school for people who thought this way? Josh sure as hell didn't think so! He'd not met or heard of a single Kishin egg who was anything less than the textbook definition of a monster or a man wracked in total insanity. Besides, it was unwarranted. Neither him nor plum said that they hated Kishin eggs. They merely said what any idiot would realize even if they did not go here. Josh got legitimately angry at this point, and only common sense kept him from charging right passed his flimsy chains and beating him senseless.

He took a breath and raised Plum, identifying the situation as he bent down into his fighting stance. Immediately he was willing to bet that if he took any sort of frontal assault he was going to find out how hard those chains could hit. Flanking did also not seem to be an option with just how many there were to defend with. However, quickly a new idea was forming in his mind. He'd have to bend the battlefield to his own will to even bruise this guy.

So he immediately took stock of everything, and threw Plum once again. Not aiming for him, but for a tree that was ten feet behind him. He then dashed around, wrapping her ever expanding ribbon around one tree, then he stayed a good distance away from the automus weapon to wrap it in another place. Showing off his speed.

Soon a star shaped arena formed out of ribbon. A circle around it with his opponent in one of the sections. If Plum did have the ability to make that ribbon of hers burn people, now would be a stunning time to reveal it. Josh made a break to go and grab his knife partner again.
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2016, 3:33 pm

Once transformed, Plum's weapon form was indeed pretty hot, though Josh probably only felt a warmth from it. It would burn if touched, but not LEAVE a burn. She stretched her ribbon, allowing for the arena to be formed. It set out a boundary, but obviously the ribbon could be jumped or ducked like any rope or chain. The ribbon lead back to Plum, who was watching from her blade in awe. "This is new... a Star Arena?"
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 11th 2016, 10:37 am

Lunartic stayed still, his eyes following Josh as he created the star shaped arena. Even he had to admit, "Impressive speed." Despite this however, Lunartic's eyes were training themselves to keep up with his speed. By the time Josh finished, Lunartic had a perfect gauge for his speed. The next move Josh made, Lunartic would be prepared for it. Still, Lunartic waited for his opponents to make the first move, he did promise to give them the first strike after all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2016, 6:02 am

Josh grabbed Pala, it was time to make his attack. He wound her around the tree that she was just secured to first. Then tied the other ribbon around the trunk with a quick not. In the end, his plan was simple. He made his way closer and closer to Lunartic. Hopping and jumping over the ribbon. Once he was close enough (The distance he predicted to be just within the length of the chains. He struck. Pulling Plum's ribbon and suddenly making the entire trap sprung as it all closed in by a few inches to a foot in some area's. The ribbon becoming very taught. He jumped up and attempted to kick his opponent in his center of mass. Aiming to send him into the ribbon with such little room to move if not damage him directly. He already had a safe place in mind for where to land should he miss, and he raised his arms to defend himself from what he hoped would amount to most of the damage.
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2016, 5:40 pm

Plum watched the battle from her blade with interest. It was an odd feeling to know that she was the ribbon surrounding them. That wasn't all though... She was AWARE that she was the ribbon. She could sense it, as someone could sense where their arm was. Weird as it felt, it wasn't painful or anything, and it didn't bother her too much. It was just interesting.

If Lunartic were to find himself making contact with the ribbon, he'd find it to slightly burn. Not so much that it left an actual burn, but enough to leave a red mark and cause a normal person to want to pull themselves away.
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2016, 1:13 am

((OOC: Hi everyone! Sorry I made you both wait for me.))

When Josh was within Lunartic's outer crimson blade ribcage, the blades immediately snapped shot. Two other chains curved over Lunartic's head and linked up with the blades that use to form an outer ribcage. Now Josh was trapped within a crimson blade cage with literally no space in-between the gaps for him to escape. Touching one of these blades would severely cut him, trying to force his way out would surely shred Josh into many bloody and gory pieces. As for Josh's kick, Lunartic would respond accordingly by sprouting a chain exactly in the spot Josh aimed to kick him in. If Josh proceeded to kick him, his foot would be sliced perfectly down the middle. Another benefit of the cage was the fact that it kept the ribbon from completely closing around him. It did however burn him due to the fact that the blades were still technically apart of him. The burns caused him to wince and choke back any yelps of pain. The pain he felt also just so happened to send Lunartic into a mad furry, causing him to sprout many more blades from his body. These blades aimed to sever each of Josh's limbs off but surprisingly, none aimed for a particularly fatal spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2016, 6:50 pm

Josh did not kick once he saw the chain come up to block, he very munch understood that raw power would not win a fight. He stopped once he landed and suddenly heard the cry of pain. He smirked. "Good going Plu-" Before he was cut off by a blade going directly through his shoulder. He screamed out in terrible pain and hunched over, looking he already saw another one coming for his other arm. He ducked under it, his head a mere inch away from the cage. This was serious, he had to get out. Whoever this guy was he clearly was loosing it. Another blade cut down his leg and Josh, filled with fury cut five times up and down one particular side of the chain cag with great speed, demon weapons were already fast. But the knife seemed to hold no weight at all in his hands.(IF HE THOUGHT THAT RIBBON BURNT THEN HE'S GOT ANOTHER THING COMING!) He thought harshly.

If the cage opened then he would dive out and make a break for it at top speeds, which was just slightly faster than what he had shown of earlier as he was fueled by desperation.
Back to top Go down
QueenOfTheFallVegetable
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
QueenOfTheFallVegetable

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2016, 1:32 am

Plum was in shock. Was Josh going to die...? Who was this guy? He seemed to be taking this way to seriously for a sparing match... It was horrifying. There was something to this guy for sure... There was no way he was a student, not the way he had been acting. Scared and overwhelmed, Plum watched in horror as the second attack cut Josh's leg. "Josh, are you okay?" She questioned nervously.

Was THIS what a fight was really like...? It was nothing like the Kishin Egg back at the gas station, or the practice the two had done here in the training grounds alone... No, this was real... This was life threatening... Plum's heart was beating fast, not that you could tell through the metal. She was scared, but it was almost... Fun...? What was wrong with her? Is it normal to feel like this...?
Back to top Go down
Velvet
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Velvet

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2016, 4:41 am

It may have been true that Demon Weapons were infamous for ferocious speed but it was a proven fact that they were also stronger than ordinary weapons. The chains' ability to withstand the many strikes Josh threw at it with Plum, was crucial evidence that it was indeed true. Maybe if Lunartic's chains were ordinary chains, they would've broke but that simply wasn't the case. "It's useless... Just give up already.", Lunartic made out in-between grunts of pain induced by the burning sensations he felt through his chains. It was obvious that Lunartic had suffered much greater pain than this in the past. Now, crimson blades erupted from the cage inwards in an attempt to impale Josh from various directions. Unlike before, these blades aimed at various vital areas. To the right and left, blades aimed to impale Josh's kidneys while another from the right attempted to decapitate Josh. From straight ahead of Josh, three blades aimed for his heart and lungs. Hope for survival must've seemed slim if not completely absent.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2016, 4:33 pm

OOC:

Mistress Hammer in use, thread is currently on hold.

Velv, there is no way that a base weapon, Dark or Demon, can spawn a cage like that. That's more high level Kishin or black blood than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hard work and friendship (Open)   Hard work and friendship (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hard work and friendship (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next