Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Garoth Char

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Garoth Char Empty
PostSubject: Garoth Char   Garoth Char I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2016, 10:36 pm

OC Name: Garoth

Nationality: Slovakian

Weight: 200lbs

Height: 5’11

Appearance:
In human form, Garoth is a somewhat tall, well-muscled man. His dirty-blonde hair is usually quite messy, reaching down to the back of his neck. His mediterranean skin tone makes it look like he has a constant tan, and it seems like he has constantly-flushed cheeks. He normally wears an open-necked, button-down shirt with brown corduroy pants, that he holds up with suspenders. He also has a thick ringed belt, which he often attaches items or bags to. He wears a ‘paperboy’ flat cap, and pink-lensed aviator’s goggles covering his green eyes. Across his entire body he has a series of seemingly-random brown tattoos, that can be disconcerting for weapons to look at.

In weapon form, he is a very long machete. Although he has the somewhat common tapered blade, as well as the serrated back edge, he has a viking-style hilt and pommel. The whole blade is a metallic blue-gray, though the hilt and pommel are the same dirty-blonde as his hair. The blade’s hilt has a pink jewel embedded in the center that seems to house the traditional ‘eye’. The length of the blade is one long decal reminiscent of his tattoos, which glints a dark blue in certain lights.

Personality:
Garoth is gruff, seeming simplistic at times. While he has incredible reserves of patience from his early life, he can be quite short-tempered when dealing with people who are incredibly wordy. He is also uncomfortable being the center of attention, having spent the vast majority of his life alone.

Strengths and Weaknesses:
The vast majority of his life being spent in his weapon form has left Garoth with an incredibly precise control over himself while transformed. It has also left him with an almost instinctual grasp of his soul wavelength. However, the relatively small time he has spent as a human has left him with a weak grasp of social interaction, with an education far behind his actual age, and little support outside of the DWMA. It has also left him with a tendency to revert fully into weapon form when startled, and he sometimes has trouble with only partial transformations.

Dislikes: Dissonant sound, complicated explanations, attention.

Relatives: Garoth has no knowledge of any relatives he may have had.

Meister or Weapon?: Weapon

Weapon Type: Machete

Backstory:
Garoth does not know how long ago his earliest memory is. The vast majority of his ‘early’ life was spent in a dreamlike state, suspended in an endless black void that was occasionally flashed pink with images of an outside world, accompanied by only a constant drone that was endlessly comforting.

From time to time, Garoth would be caught in what can be best described as a ‘nightmare’ state, where the drone would clash with another sound, creating an ear-wrenching racket as his whole world flashed red.

He would later discover that this dream state was how he saw the world while trapped in weapon form, and that the notes that comforted or clashed were the representations of the soul wavelengths - of him or of his wielder during his early days.

As he grew older, the images that flashed through the void became more common, the pink tint more clear. He found that he could move towards these images, and that there would be the the faintest sounds as he approached. It was tough, as these images only appeared for brief times when not accompanied by the screeching dissonance that would send him to his metaphorical knees in distress, but he managed to get closer and closer to the images each time, before he eventually managed to touch the image.

That was when Garoth ‘woke up’ for the first time in his memory. Waking up in the Norwegian wilderness, with absolutely nothing on him, Garoth was hard pressed for the first few weeks. Driven by some instinct, he was able to gather food, and his weapon form provided shelter of a type from the harsh nordic nights. Luckily for him, transforming into his weapon form was an ingrained instinct, and he was able to escape his form with ease each time, or he might have frozen in the snow.

In what must have been an act of divine intervention in its luck, the first people Garoth managed to meet were a retired Norwegian Meister-Weapon pair. Taking him in and teaching him, they found his mindset to be more like a child’s than someone who had spent life in isolation, and within two years he had managed a functional level of proficiency in both Norwegian and Japanese. However the couple were old and retired, and in time they passed the baton to the DWMA - trusting that Garoth’s skill and instinctual ability as a weapon would allow him to stand on his own while he learned.

Accepted in, and with provisions made for his unique circumstance, Garoth attended this academy. It was not easy though, as despite his early attempts to find a Meister (that had been strongly suggested by the couple who cared for him), he discovered something awful. The discordant note was created when his soul wavelength was incompatible, and with his level of sensitivity to his wavelength, he refused to take the risk of that happening again.

Seeing his reluctance, and being unable and unwilling to force him into that situation, the staff allowed him to continue working on his own, hoping that in time he would find someone who would be compatible, so that he might be able to hear the harmony of compatible souls.
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

Garoth Char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garoth Char   Garoth Char I_icon_minitimeOctober 20th 2016, 1:44 pm

Hi! My name is Grey, and I'll be your moderator today.

First and foremost, I like your character, and his background seems pretty cool to me.

The only thing I see wrong with your character sheet os that you didn't use the standard template. If you would do me a favor and recompile the info on this character sheet within the template found Here. Afterwards reply with "Bump" below, and I'll come back and finish moderating.

Thank You!
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

Garoth Char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garoth Char   Garoth Char I_icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2016, 9:24 am

Hi Coreon, and welcome to the site! I'm flair, a moderator here. There are a few things about your character sheet that need changed before it can be accepted. First of all, you don't have the answer if you read the rules. There is a small word at the end of the each specific rule, and you need to include that. Second, weapon form has to be 100 words. Third, you did not use the proper template for your character. Please make these changes and contact myself or another staff member when you have!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Garoth Char Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garoth Char   Garoth Char I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garoth Char
Page 1 of 1