Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2017, 10:54 am

I'm finding myself amused, both with the answer to my question and with the sudden alteration of Luey between posts. Sadly, however, this is not the focus of our mission: "Page 4, Why Berlin Cafes are Death Traps," I say, to clarify, hating to have my suspicions confirmed. This was exactly what we did not need! I remembered this thread, remembered standing on the bones of age-old posts left to rot like corpses. This city was still not a pretty sight again, at the proper point in the timeline, since this thread had occurred. It was part one of a two part siege. The Battle of Berlin. Up until this page in the thread, the only characters combating Beetle's Inker and his army of ink constructs were Oblivion's, the site's founders, own OC's. This page, where we were at, now --- I noted the Ten Days Later stamp --- was where extra back-up had to be called. The main, canon characters of the base series were in this thread: Maka, Soul, Kid, Liz, Patti, Black*Star, and Tsubaki. We had far more to contend with than we could have hoped to.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2017, 1:44 pm

I groaned loudly and then sighed. "Out of all threads... It has to be the Berlin one..." I muttered, annoyed by my luck. Suddenly, screams, chaos and panicking people could be heard. So it has already begun. Inker's constructs will start appearing everywhere, the character's from this thread will be too busy to notice us. I'm afraid we might be forced to fight, which is risky because being in the wrong place and killing the wrong construct might destroy the timeline completely.
Oh, and by the way, I've just noticed that my name had changed too!
"Merry, this is one of the most important threads in this site's plot... I mean, at least it's not the Shanghai thread" I said, noticing that panicked NPCs started appearing on the street.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2017, 1:49 pm

"What plot the site has, yes..." I note, looking around nervously, hesitantly. A bout of soul protection would instantly signal what I am, and that's one of the last things that either, let alone both of us need. I mean, on the one hand, I'm not known anywhere on the actual timeline; on the other, I'm not known. This means that there is no one, outside of Luey, that has any idea who I am. That means no one realizes that I won't hurt anyone. I curse softly under my breath, some combination of various languages and pure gibberish. "I don't know if I have anything that can be used for combat.." I say, finally. Really, none of my abilities are designed for that, and I can't exactly resonate with anything... nor do I carry even a mundane weapon.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2017, 2:18 pm

A sudden, scary realization came into my head. Maka Albarn! Shit! "I think I might be forced to use my Soul Perception..." I told MerryLynn, then started cursing in every language I knew. Think, think, think Raccoon! Maka's soul perception is very powerful. Standing here without soul protection might get her attention and we don't need it! On the other hand, without my katana or even my arrows, we are defenseless. We need to hide and come up with a plan! I suddenly grabbed MerryLynn's hand and started running to find a place to hide. So we ran into a random staircase of a random tenement house. Rackie, find some tenement house in Berlin on google street view, please.

OOC: Sure!
Here you go!:
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2017, 5:47 pm

I lurch as he drags me, but I go willingly, borderline weightless as I'm lead. "I can bend reality regardless," I start to point out, "Being inside of a Soul Protection field with you would actually prevent any excess madness from escaping, thus forcing it to bounce back towards it. It could prove advantageous..." My eyes scan the streets for anything suspicious: anyone from the thread proper, as well as for our strange little anomaly.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2017, 6:09 pm

While we were standing inside of the staircase, some NPC just randomly passed us by. Awkward. I know, the NPCs don't think but man, they look very much alive. When that strange thing joined the panicking crowd I looked at MerryLynn. Her words made me think. "So...If I understand your words correctly... Using my Soul Protect spell might actually help us avoid getting too much attention on us, correct? Hm, I guess it might also be a good thing for you- All that tasty madness." I said putting my hands into the pockets of my trousers. Having no ways of protecting ourselves is still a problem, I think. However, if I understand correctly, MerryLynn could also bend reality in a certain way, preventing Maka or any other meister from detecting us.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2017, 6:23 pm

I smirk; oh, dear, silly man, you should really watch your word choice around me~ "I haven't had a taste of anything, just yet~" I tease him, smirking and winking as I wriggle my eyebrows suggestively at him.

Honestly, I'm more than aware of the fact that I could, technically, just summon anything out of thin air, but rules change in combat. Abilities change in combat. It's how the adminnies keep powers from being over powered, keep characters from God Moding; I often find myself laughing at this concept. It's a common gaming cheat, and its essentially my very existence.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2017, 6:53 pm

I rolled my eyes as I heard her teasing "Riiiiighhht... Said someone with the same strand as me. Try harder~!" I said, also trying to tease her a bit. To be completely honest, our banter is fun. Yeah, add it to the list of reasons I love this silly clown. I sighed and closed my eyes. "Soul Protection..." I murmured quietly. A field of invisible suppressing energy appeared around me.
"Are you ready to find that stupid mem- I mean dog?" I asked MerryLynn, enthusiastically, with a wink
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2017, 7:03 pm

I giggle, not quite as enthusiastic about the ordeal as him, "I'd rather get on to taste testing~" I murmur, unsure of whether or not he can even hear the tease. Still, my eyes are already searching for the strange anomaly. Of all things, a solid white dog with arms sticking out of it's back really shouldn't be that difficult to spot. Of course, that's barring the facts that it will be glitching out, as well as the fact that the base dog breed is a little... small. But atleast MOST of the stuff in this thread is ink-black, so that gives us a background to compare it to.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2017, 7:19 pm

Thanks to the power of godmoding, or meta knowledge or whatever you call it, I actually heard her murmur. Barely, but still. "Mmm, I'd rather get on to it too..." I replied, also murmuring. I looked at MerryLynn for a second with a smirk. Then I looked out at the street, trying to find any trace of our little anomaly. Suddenly, I noticed something small and strangely blurred somewhere in the panicked crowd. It was small, but the blurring effect made it stand out. "I think I found it..." Just when I finished speaking, I saw two huge constructs approaching the running people, killing everyone on sight. Shit...
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2017, 7:25 pm

Metaknowledge, I teased him in my head, comes from breaking the wall and reading posts. ;P I was smirking at his words; oh, silly man, you don't know the hole you're digging yourself into. Still, focus was what we had to do, and he snapped mine back into place when he pointed out the figure. Cursing to myself, I started to wonder: what would make us stand out the least? Well, invisibility would have been a nice option, but his Soul Protect only made us seem like innocents. Shit, but what would work?! Groaning, I toss the ideas aside, opting to bend the gravitational rules a bit, beginning to make us hover. "Gotta go fast~!" I tease, before flinging us both forward.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2017, 7:35 pm

"You aren't Sonic! Not even the same colour!" I replied loudly, trying to somehow remain on the ground. Our anomaly started running away from the incoming constructs. Damned animals and their instincts. I swear I'm not breaking the rules of metaknowledge! I cannot! It's like invading Merry's privacy. Nu,nu! Bad Raccoonie! Anyway, we need to start chasing after 2Hands. It's difficult but I'm trying.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2017, 7:37 pm

"Hush," I tell him simply, flinging us towards the fleeing pup as though we've been launched like a slingshot. It's by no means an accurate fire, but it's something, and if nothing else, it SHOULD get us past the construct without being hit.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2017, 8:03 pm

Not really! There were still crowds of people ahead of us. Panicked people are unpredictable! Even more than mere NPCs. I started praying to every god I knew to not hit anyone from the crowd. I'm sure that the sight of two people flying at a quite impressive speed through the people is rather suspicious.
2Hands has just entered some back alley. It might make our chase easier. Hey, he really looks majestic! What a beautiful creature! I want him as my pet! wat

Good Ol' Two-Hands
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2017, 2:38 pm

I felt us spin even as I began to slow us down; stopping wouldn't be pleasant, but we would be safe, nonetheless. I allowed us to slow as much as I could without us grinding to a halt in the middle of the air. We could see him, now, and I directed us into the alleyway. It was a stumbling approaching, and certainly the landing was no better, but we did it, nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2017, 4:16 pm

It was a very complicated, unpleasant and annoyingly sluggish operation. 2Hands looks scared. Poor little thing. First, he had to experience a broken thread, now the battle for Berlin! Poor, little, cute thing. I looked around briefly. He had nowhere to run! It was a dead end! Ha! Unfortunately, one of the constructs started following us into this cursed back alley. Great...
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2017, 4:34 pm

I drop him as we land, and by drop, I roughly been abandon. Whirling, I set my focus on the construct. I was capable of destroying anomalies with a touch, yes, but things that were supposed to belong...? With a groan, I work through my memory, trying to think of anything I could possibly use for this endeavor. Suddenly, I'm laughing and I feel like I might not stop.

"Hey, Luey~!" I call, setting my stance so that I'm steady and balanced, grounded and immobile. I hold a hand out, waving it over the creature's field of vision. "Think I'm more Jedi or Sith?" I ask, focusing on trying to manipulate the creature's mind. It's little more than a clown, in all reality. It shouldn't be difficult. Really, I would only need to dominate it's madness with my own and use my Illusionary ability... "These are not the droids you're looking for~" The words come out as a nerdy tease of a reference, but, with luck, it's still enough to make the construct turn tail and return to the main battle.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2017, 4:47 pm

I looked at MerryLynn and then at the construct with fear. She didn't have anything to protect herself! Wait, Jedi? Sith? WRONG UNIVERSE! Don't tell me she's going to do what I think she will... She did. She just did. 2Hands and I were watching the scene in a complete disbelief which later turned into a total confusion. Guess what? Guess what?! The stupid construct believed her! It turned around and started retreating to join the actual battle. What the hell?! Once the monster was gone I sighed in relief. "I... Just... I'm just speechless... " I said, with my hand on my forehead. 2Hands grabbed its own head with its human hands. I guess he couldn't believe what we saw too.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2017, 4:54 pm

I was smirking, more than a little proud of myself as I cast a cocky expression his way. "So," I begin, cocking my hip to the side and winking, "it's a bit controversial of an opinion, I suppose, but I find that particular ability to be more Dark side than Light side, myself."
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2017, 5:10 pm

I shook my head, placing my hands on my hips. "The jedi were using it in the movies, though. Did you know that there's something between the jedi and the sith, by the way? The gray jedi, who live between the light and the dark side." I said, shrugging. 2Hands was sitting next to me, casually scratching himself behind the ear using his human hand. Wait a moment!
"Seriously, though! I can't believe it actually worked." I told MerryLynn as I adjusted my glasses.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2017, 5:24 pm

I shrugged at this; I knew, "By name alone, that still would technically class as Jedi. Regardless, you didn't answer~" I follow my words with a giggle, amused with myself, "Either way, I don't consider invading someone's mind a particularly Light thing to do." Stepping past him, I kneel to offer the strange dog-meme some lovin's.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2017, 5:34 pm

"This topic is as wide as a river anyways..." I said, hearing more panicked and dying NPCs. "To be honest, I'm not sure. I think we both are more like the gray Jedi. You know, neutral, in between." I hope my answer is satisfying enough for her. Our little strange dog was only waiting for some love. With a cute innocent bark it laid on the ground.
Meanwhile, I was getting nervous. There are lots of ink constructs in the area. "We need to leave this place as soon as possible..." I told MerryLynn.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2017, 5:48 pm

"Easily done," I say, moving to pet the dog before picking him up, continuing to pet him all the while. "Are we going to portal jump or do I need to find a way to break things, again?"
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2017, 5:59 pm

"Which one is more comfortable for you?" I asked, approaching her slowly with a satisfied smile. This adventure is fun. Dangerous, but fun. We're like... like... like... Hmm, some sort of Timeline Fixers. Fixers? I think "Guardians" or "Protectors" sounds better. On the other hand, I guess it's partially our fault that the timeline is in danger.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJuly 15th 2017, 6:21 pm

I shrug, cradling the dog as I pet it. It's arms are awkward to hold, given their positioning, but I manage it well enough. "Whatever your wish, I will comply~" There's the slightest hint of a suggestive tone to my words, though it can easily go unnoticed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)   This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie) - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is madness! Madness? This. Is. REALITY! (Private Lani, Rackie)
Page 6 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next