Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2018, 8:46 pm

ooc: Awwww I liked the lighter blue xD

ic:

Not even a week passed before a call showed up on Merran's phone one morning. Were he to have had the number saved, or to look it up, he would find it to be the business line for The Rose Garden. Upon answering, should he do so, he'd find Rosaline herself at the other end of the call. If he didn't answer, she'd merely leave him a message. Regardless, the fact of the matter was that Rose was, in fact, calling him about the job, and it was good news indeed. She would tell him that the background check turned up clean and they were ready to start him in training. Her request was that he show up that weekend, Saturday at eleven, to begin training, giving him a few days to prepare and clear his schedule if needed. She stated, as well that pay rates varied, but the absolute lowest was around $11 or $12 dollars, after training and before tips and taxes. Considering that declared wages for bartenders alone averaged around $10, nationally, it wasn't a bad deal in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2018, 10:36 pm

OOC: I changed it again lol.

Merran woke up from his bed as he quickly grabbed his phone, "Hello? This is Merran Ferr!" he had the sound of excitement as he picked up the phone. He listened to the good news as he smiled, the more the call went on the more he began to smile. When the pay was said he was very happy at this. In fact, he kicked the punching bag in his room to the point where it started to leak. With the remembrance of when he was going to go to head to work for the first day, he nodded to himself. "Thank you, Ms. Rose! Thank you very much!"
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2018, 10:48 pm

A chuckle came from the other end of the phone, smooth with a hint of huskiness catching up the word, reminscent almost of velvet. "Don't thank me yet, Mr. Ferr. You haven't even started yet." With that, her end of the call died out, leaving Merran alone with his thoughts and the knowledge that yes, he was in fact now employed. On the twins' end, Crystal was smiling slightly at her sister, listing off the only other two names that had made the cut through the application process. When she read out the number, Rose called. One of the numbers sent her to voicemail, while the other was picked up by a prospective server that informed them that, regrettably, something came up in her personal life that had her moving out of the area. So far, it seemed like Merran might be one of, if not the, only new person of employ shy of some new dancers.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2018, 6:08 pm

Merran holds the phone to his ear to the last part as he smiled giving a nod. "It was for future reference, Ms. Rose... but thank you either way..." He was talking to himself at this point as he smiled. He set down his phone as he slammed his fist into the Sand Bag, soon following it with a swift high-kick. Using the momentum of the kick, he lept off the ground as his foot stayed on the bag to slam it onto the ground with his foot on top of it. Merran was in a great mood as he started to imagine different positions in the potential job he was supposed to have. With this, he began to try and sort himself out and train for some of the available positions.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2018, 9:38 am

Training came and went fairly easily for meister; by the end of it, he had been trained for every available position, so that he could be moved around as needed, though Merran seemed to favor serving. As such, Rose was content to leave him on the waitstaff schedule. One of the other new employees stayed in the back with the kitchen staff; the third had yet to show. The help wanted sign remained in the window, and occasionally they would have people pop in for inquiries, but nothing had been set up for anything else yet.

Still, with the added traffic and the increase in staff, the establishment was getting more customers in for lunch hour, providing Merran with his fair share of tables throughout his shifts. Occasionally, they'd even have to schedule two people instead of the usual one. Since this was a Saturday, the second weekend since his employment, it was one of those days where two people were on the waitstaff schedule. Merran had his choice of indoor, outdoor, or a combination of table locations.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2018, 9:02 pm

Merran was getting used to this whole thing, as for his choice of where he had to go for today, he traveled between inside and outside, treating them both with a smile on his face. His positivity seemed to gleam through him as he was at work, every now and then he would combine different ways of serving to help him train his body. Such as trying to get to the outside area as fast as possible without having anything spill at all. For food, he was trying to spin the plate where he served from every now and then, at first he started both of these really small but over time he started to slowly and slowly sped up. His spinning and running outside was still slow but it still was noticeable.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2018, 8:51 am

Rose was getting good reviews and feedback on their new servers, especially Merran. Their other hiree was still great, mind you, but people seem to particularly like Merran. Perhaps part of it was, in fact, that he was one of their few employees that he was male, but every note card and comment left about him referred to his performance. That was more than enough reason to keep him on. At this rate, he might be getting that raise even sooner than Rosaline had anticipated. Of course, if he kept up his current rate and everyone that complimented him did, in fact, return, then the Garden would easily be able to handle it. Merran had become quite good for business. After lunch, Crystal came out to dismiss people for their lunch breaks, sending Merran out on the first round so that he could eat and unwind. The last thing they wanted was to exhaust their staff.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 5th 2018, 11:57 am

Merran's breaks were usually him testing out different types of foods, a weird sandwich was last time but this time he packed plenty of different vegetables with a mysterious type of salsa... It seemed to be homemade but it didn't seem... healthy when he would bring it out. But before lunch, he called his parents as he would do each day. His mood was even better when he was on the phone with him as his smile and laughter were a lot lighter than before.

His parents seem to be doing fine as well as his brother and sister from the incident that happened around. They were all doing fine as their recoveries were making change for the better as other family members were sending them money as well so they could be able to pay off the hospital bills. Merran assured them that they could stop sending him money as he was going to make this job count and pay them back ten-fold. They chuckled at that response and said they could wait for that indeed. "Alright guys I'll call you back when work is done. Love you." with this he hung up as they did as well.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2018, 5:26 pm

With Rosaline handling most of the mechanics of today's work, alternating between walking the establishment's floor and taking on the paperwork, Crystal found herself far more free than normal; having new staff took a lot of weight off the shoulders of the twins. Because of this, she allowed herself to have her own break, moving around to the back of the store, outside, to the tables they had set up there for breaks. She had her own food, though it seemed almost meager, a soup and sandwich, nothing fancy and all comfort, and a drink that was perhaps too many different colors for any normal lemonade. Taking her usual spot towards the back of the break corner, far away from the walled-off section that held the trash, she made herself silent and scarce as ever, not acknowledging where Merran likely was not far off from her, letting him have his own privacy.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2018, 12:40 pm

Merran, after placing the phone in his pocket, starts to roam around with what little free time he had. He roamed around to the other co-workers and waved to them, gave some small-talk, and then left. He started to go from person to person before reaching a corner next to the trash can. "Why are you here Miss Crystal?" He placed both of his hands on his hips as he looked down at her, slowly leaning down. "I don't think a trash can is nice to be around while eating."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2018, 1:58 pm

She nearly jumped out of her skin, having let herself relax enough that she'd not realized how close anyone else was towards her. Her face flushing slightly, an almost lavender, rather than pink, color, she looked up at him with her head bowed, eyes on his face while she half curled in on herself. "People aren't always more pleasant company..." She said in her defense, straightening slowly, nervously. "What are you doing with your break?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2018, 2:35 pm

Merran jumped as well slightly, from her reaction he didn't expect it as he looked at her, nearly falling over from the jump. He placed one foot back as well as his arms out in a T-like pose to continue his balance. When he curled back to straighten himself up, he looked at Crystal's face as he found it more... cute than expected as he gave a slight blush, looking at her face also made one of the few highlights of his day. Hearing her shook his head as he cleared his throat, "I mean... you just have to find the right people. As for my break... I just finished a call, gave some greets, ate, and I wanted to greet one more person before I take a break, looked like you needed it." he gave more of a softer look as he straightened up.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2018, 2:57 pm

She shrugged, delicate shoulders rising only slightly as she tried to force herself not to hunch over. "I... I suppose I can see what you mean." The woman admitted, fidgetting with her shirt underneath the table, trying to consider a way to stop a conversation without coming across as rude. Crystal had nothing against Merran, not in the slightest, but she was horribly socially crippled and didn't exactly know how to deal with it, especially without her sister present. "Ar... are you enjoying your job so far?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2018, 3:47 pm

Merran looked at her and turned around as he looked out, "I like it... I do have those people every now and then... but I think this place is nice. I still have to thank you for the job..." he looked at his hands as he sighed. "If I make you uncomfortable, please tell. I do not wish to push you." His eyes fall more to the ground as he thought of his sister and brother, more feelings rush into his heart as he hardened it. "If you wish for other things needed to be done... just ask. My break is almost over anyway." He looked at the time on his phone as he stared at it, he started to look at the date and such.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2018, 7:32 pm

Crystal cast him a curious glance, somehow more relaxed now that she was seeing his awkwardness first-hand; such things softened her heart, playing games with her empathy, while confidence had a way of destroying her, forcing her to hide deeper and deeper within herself. It was refreshing, though the notion and realization of such felt cruel to her, bringing about a tender wave of guilt that she quickly crushed. "Is everything alright? You can go home if you need to..." She said, voice soft, though louder now that she was more comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2018, 11:37 am

Meran parted his eyes from his phone, looking back at Crystal, hearing her concerned stirred up something that felt... more than nice. He gave a soft smile and shook his head. "No no, I'm fine. I was just remembering things. I don't mind working." He couldn't just leave his shift now, it'd both hurt his paycheck and his thought-of image. He needed to work hard to deserve recognition or to at least keep the job he luckily landed. "I'm happy to take care of anything you need. Just give me a heads up."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeOctober 19th 2018, 11:44 am

She nodded, though the expression didn't leave, "Rose will let you know if there is anything. How late are you working tonight?" Crystalline had managed so many schedules that she wasn't quite sure of anyone's 100% without first referencing her notes, which were currently in her office.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeNovember 18th 2018, 2:29 pm

Trying to think about the time where he could get off, he gave a nod, looking at her with a sure look. "I have closing tonight. Haha, how about you? When do you get off work?" He looked at her curious but trying to keep his distance by a few feet. He had to respect everyone's bubble. He didn't want to pop anyone's bubble really.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2018, 4:57 pm

She merely shrugged, unsure, "I don't always know. Sometimes I work late and don't check the time, so I just sleep in one of the back rooms." She said the words as though she were admitting to a sin, shifting uncomfortably and looking away.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2018, 10:17 am

"Wait, you sleep in the back room? I never really asked before, but where do you live?" He looked at her uncertain, a bit worried about his manager that she was sleeping at her work which is a stressful thing for some managers. He's watched a few videos where managers are forced to sleep at their establishment since they have nowhere else to go. His eyes showed the worry for her and her sister.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2018, 10:21 am

"Oh," she stammered the small word, syllables cracking several times before forming into something understandable, "We live in the city, I just... I stay late sometimes and... forget. Rose is usually here wi... with me. It's just- It's just, we... we don't feel co- we don't feel comfortable trying to... to drive when we're... when it's that late and we're so... so tired." Her nerves had gotten the better of her before she'd even begun to respond, resulting in a jumbled mess of stuttering and her eyes wholly averted from her as she spoke, voice softly muted by the fact that she was facing away from him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2018, 10:28 am

Looking at the display of the woman, he felt something off about him. He didn't know what to do as he looked at her. He couldn't think up of anything to say so he went silent for a few seconds, but as he was silent on the outside, it couldn't get any louder inside of his mind. He wanted to say something, but nothing was coming out, before long, he gave a deep breath and exhaled out. He clears his throat and starts up again, his voice clear this time. "I can take you both home if you want. I don't mind doing it." He tried to not make this awkward or seemingly invasive, but he didn't know how another would take his words. "Only if you want me to that is."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2018, 10:34 am

A small smile appeared on her face before she picked her head back up, only slightly, more angling it towards him than actually looking up at him. "That would be nice," she said, honestly, surprised that she managed to get the words out properly.
Back to top Go down
Wolfie/Router-Kun
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Wolfie/Router-Kun

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2018, 10:40 am

Giving a nod, he crossed his arms proudly, his heart starting up again as he had successfully gotten through to her without making her cry or something that would have him feel guilty. Either way, it was nice seeing her smile. So he decided to return her smile with his, "Just give me the time and I'll pick you two up and bring you towards your house... although you might need to give me directions heh." he chuckled at his sense of direction.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2018, 10:46 am

She nodded, laughing a little bit, weakly but not without mirth, back at him, "We can give you directions. It's... the address, it's programed in our phones."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!   A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Job! Let's Not Blow This One!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next