Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Suggestions

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions   Suggestions I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2014, 9:44 pm

Suggestion 1:One man threads

As the title implies,this is a suggestion for one man threads.These will allow people to rp when they have no one to rp with.These,however,are purely for the characters personal plot,thus,adding on to them in a way.It should be noted that these work effectively with NPCs.

Suggestion 2:One man Soul hunting

Quite similar to one man threads,players are allowed to gather souls alone in a thread.While this may seem a bit....whats the word I'm looking for....nevermind.This is not just for Dark Weapons or Kishin eggs,but for Weapons and Meisers as well.Due to our current system,we NEED a another person in a thread to actually go along with it.One man soul hunting will allow progression.For these,a player would need atleast admin permission.The admin will then give a range of how much souls can be obtained.This can be easily done with dice rolls.Afterall,there are barely ANY legit Deathsycthes that have actually EARNED the souls.

Suggestion 3: Races

Along with humans,witches,death gods,and demon gods,Soul Eater has a number of mythological creatures in it such as Werewolves(were anything actually),zombies,mummies,golems,ogres(on one occasion),ghosts,and a vampire at one point.I would like for their to be a list a species to be,given,it can really add to character plots and creation.These creatures will be basic or universal creatures such as centaurs,minotaurs,mermaids,etc.Besides,we have enough 'Witch Experiments',I want to see a Centaur Meiser,which,you gotta admit,would be kinda cool.I will make the list myself if I have to.

Back to top Go down

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2014, 10:27 pm

One-man threads kind-of already exist. You just have to wait a day to see if nobody posts then continue. It's the same basic deal with soul hunting, also, for Kishin Eggs and Dark Weapons. Wether or not anyone joins is just up to chance. I do like the random number thing for Meisters and Weapons, but it should probably be more like "You do a mission and get ___ many Kishin Souls offscreen if you beat it" than anything else.

Kishin Eggs are meant to be rarer and harder to beat then humans, but I would prefer if we made missions more appealing to players instead of making them less relevant. Maybe it could be like 1-5 souls times the rank of the mission, so beating a 4 star mission would grant you at least 4-20 souls total depending on what number is randomly generated. But, that's just a general idea of one way it could work.

Anyways, finally, I do really like the idea of having a general list of races and discriptions which Mods/Admins could suggest to add more races to by a vote in one of the discution threads. Each race (excluding humans) could have a brief discription so we could sort-of standardize what people can use and how they work so _____'s vampire isn't completely different from how _____'s vampire works and stuff. If Sov and Rock are ok with it, I'm all for definatly doing this idea! We just need to start chronicalling what people have used for their accepted characters so we can keep things straight.
Back to top Go down

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2014, 10:42 pm

No,I mean for one man threads,it soley for the player's plot.Like,lets say,the player is slave to a witch.The player will obviously be alone with their witch master.I think you know where I'm getting at.I will also have a suggestion for threads in-general.We obviously have a rather high-number on the mentally insane and they will kill a player sooner or later.Well,I have a idea for threads.For example,lets say I make a thread and put in the title [No Kill] this states that no one is being killed and if someone is killed,there will be dire consequences OOC-wise.However,if I put [kill] or leave it blank,killing is allowed in the thread.This purely due to the fact,with all the dangers,a person can die at any-given time.Please,this does not guarentee a player will die,but its a chance.A player can enter one of these kill threads at their own risk.A good thing to do with kill threads is to put [private] in the title,so no unwanted guests will show up.Just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2014, 10:57 pm

The kill thing is already a rule and, to be honest, if you join a kill thread you would be alright with your character dying anyways. And, if someone in a kill thread DIDN'T want their character to die then, as things are right now, they could just point to the rule and negate the death anyways. It would just make what is, in my oppinion, a bad rule and turn it into something more complicated.

And as for one-man threads, what's the fun if there's absolutely 0 chance of another player dropping in? I just don't like the idea of a thread that's like "I'm writing stuff, nobody bother me". It's just not an RP if you're openly just writing your own story like that, you know?
Back to top Go down

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2014, 11:01 pm

The one thread is speifically for a character's personal plot.That dosen't mean the author can't invite someone in it.But,Deth,when looking at some of the histories,most can be easily detailed as a one man thread.Afterall,if your a slave who lives in the middle of butt-fucking no-where and the dwelling is hidden,I highly doubt some random guy will stumble upon it.
Back to top Go down

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2014, 11:13 pm

That's the thing, though. There is ALWAYS that chance and the slight chance that someone might stumble across a witch's lair or somehting is what makes it intresting. Of course, people already do make threads specific to two or three characters, but it's suppost to only be like that if there's a VERY good reason for it.

I get where you're coming from, but I just don't want to see people making one person RPs because, in my oppinion, if it's just you it stops being an RP and just becomes a story. Which really takes away the fun of character interaction and develoupment. Not to mention I doubt many people are going to read a one-person RP that involves no other characters, so it would be about as worthwhile as a note in the character logs or editing in more history, just harder to find.
Back to top Go down

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions I_icon_minitimeFebruary 4th 2014, 9:28 pm

I like the idea of races, but maybe we could do it as an event item or something ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions   Suggestions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggestions
Page 1 of 1