Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mission Template and Clowns (2 seperate suggestions)

Go down 

Should Clowns be avalable for player creation?
Yes (Anime version)
Mission Template and Clowns (2 seperate suggestions) I_vote_lcap0%Mission Template and Clowns (2 seperate suggestions) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes (Manga version)
Mission Template and Clowns (2 seperate suggestions) I_vote_lcap67%Mission Template and Clowns (2 seperate suggestions) I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Yes (allow both interpritations)
Mission Template and Clowns (2 seperate suggestions) I_vote_lcap33%Mission Template and Clowns (2 seperate suggestions) I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
No
Mission Template and Clowns (2 seperate suggestions) I_vote_lcap0%Mission Template and Clowns (2 seperate suggestions) I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage

Mission Template and Clowns (2 seperate suggestions) Empty
PostSubject: Mission Template and Clowns (2 seperate suggestions)   Mission Template and Clowns (2 seperate suggestions) I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2013, 12:31 am

So we were talking on the chat when Connor Flynn and Louxsealvein came up with the idea for mission templates. Besically, as it stands, missions can only be made by an Admin. Which is great to keep them consistant but, after a while, several of the Admins have gone inactive for one reason or another and have taken quite a bit of time to make new missions to keep people intrested.

Basically, this would be a section similar to the character creation section for allowing users to make their own missions which the Admins will go over to allow the user permission to make the mission. Once approved and when they get their weapon and meister ready, it would be up to the player to keep up with their mission and provide the adventure.

I understand if the prospect is a bit ridiculous since players could always just be jerks with how they place traps or how dangerous the mission is without much consent, but I think the section could stand to be more active than it currently is.... After all, most characters on the site are alligned with the DWMA, so it would be cool to give them more to do.

---------------------------------------------

Now for my other suggestion that is completly unrelated. Clowns...... In the Soul Eater Universe, they're kind-of wierd cases. In the Anime, they're made out to be basically machines that simply look like clowns and have a mind of their own. But in the Manga, Clowns are much more prevelant and are implied to be beings made of pure madness that all seem to have been created by Asura. Unlike meisters or Kishin Eggs, true clowns don't have a soul in either incarnation, making them a special class of character. They fight with unusual Kishin-like abilities as well as a natural madness wavelength.

http://souleater.wikia.com/wiki/Clown Information on what exactly they are

So I'm thinking that Clowns could serve as an odd mix between a Kishin Egg and a normal Meister or weapon. A Kishin Egg is granted increasingly powerful abilities as it kills more people, so they start out relativly weak here and become more powerful. Meanwhile, Meisters pretty much just improve on whatever they can originally do IC with verry few exceptions. So a Clown character could serve as a character who starts out with an intermidiate degree of power, equivilant to a weapon/meister duo, in the form of abilities, but would be unable to learn any new skills and only improve on older abilities.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

Mission Template and Clowns (2 seperate suggestions) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mission Template and Clowns (2 seperate suggestions)   Mission Template and Clowns (2 seperate suggestions) I_icon_minitimeDecember 8th 2013, 2:30 am

both of these sound like great ideas, but ive been pretty booked lately. pm me a template and i will let you know what i think. sound good?
Back to top Go down

Mission Template and Clowns (2 seperate suggestions)
Page 1 of 1