Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Soul Eater Not! Episode One

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Soul Eater Not! Episode One Empty
PostSubject: Soul Eater Not! Episode One   Soul Eater Not! Episode One I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2014, 6:40 pm

I just checked out the first episode of the spin-off series of Soul Eater, "Soul Eater Not!".

I just wanted to give my opinion about it and tell you all about it, or at least for those of you who don't know about it yet.

The show follows three young girls who have just joined the DWMA.

Tsugumi Harudori is the main character the story follows and who has the most screen time throughout the first episode and who has just recently discovered that she can become a weapon. When she arrives at the DWMA she encounters meister, Maka Albarn who later on has a inspiring impact on young Tsugumi.

Meme Tatane is a very absent minded and most likely very goofy girl, (also pretty cute) who is a new student meister at the DWMA. There isn't much to tell about her since she get too much screen time, but I have a feeling that she'll be a favorite character for a lot of people.

Anya Hepburn is another new student meister who is a bit snooty and immediately begins to look down to all the others. Most people don't like these characters but she becomes friends with Tsugumi and Meme quite quickly. So she may have a change of attitude very soon in future episodes. Again, there isn't too much to tell about this character because she get much screen time either.

Personal opinions and thoughts: To be honest, I absolutely loved it. The animation style has definitely been improved with every character and I mean EVERY CHARACTER. It features all the original characters, which I'm sure a lot of people would love. Just a couple examples of how good the animation looks, Maka's eyes actually have detail instead of that plain olive green color with a black outline, Soul also seems to have more detail in his eyes and hair, along with Tsubaki and Black Star. They also look really well in general, as in, Black Star's muscular build is much more noticeable then just his arms. (You'll notice it with other characters too.) I know those are just minor things but there's more. For example, the outside of the DWMA looks really well done along with the rest of Death City. Also, when weapons turn into their actual weapon forms, it looks a lot smoother and not as scratchy.

Alright enough about the animation, I'm going to name a few things that people WILL notice. It appears that this series takes place before or right at the beginning of the actual Soul Eater series. It's easy to tell because Sid is still a human and Medusa is still the nurse. One thing that caught my eye that I'm quite confused about is Death The Kid can be seen a couple times in the episode, each for a split second. I don't remember if he was actually in Death City for his prologue at the beginning of the original series but he was seen around the DWMA on his hover board thing.

A little bit about the first episode that people will probably be concerned about. It's easy to tell that this series is going to be cute and goofy in a lot of ways. It may change in the near future, it may not. It may just be a little series that they made because so many people thoroughly enjoyed Soul Eater. Most will probably hate it, but I'm going to stick with it.
Another thing is that they seem to have gotten a little more into the traditional anime we have today. For example, there are quite a bit of angles that expose a lot of Tsugumi's thighs and there was even a scene where Tsugumi stumbled into Meme's breasts. It will probably have a lot more of that in this series.
One thing that is different and that I don't necessarily "like" is Tsugumi has to choose her partner from the two other characters. I don't like this because well, how are they going to do that? I's obvious that Meme and Anya (Anya more obvious than Meme) work very well with Tsugumi. I'm just curious how they are going to do that. It's a possibility that they will switch off with each other but I think that would be kinda confusing and weird. Like, one will be fighting with Tsugumi while the other just stands on the side lines or something.

Anyway, that's all I have to say. I'll post a link to where you can see the full episode English subbed for free. It just recently came out on April 8th and I'm not sure if they have any more episodes up on the internet yet besides the two others on the site, but I'll keep an eye out.

http://www.anime4fun.com/soul-eater-not-episode-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soul Eater Not! Episode One   Soul Eater Not! Episode One I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2014, 8:22 pm

I've already seen both episodes, and its great! Although, one thing is, I know its a japanese anime (what else would it be) but if the DWMA is in the USA, they could have a little english, like maybe a little bit of chatter in the background, because I doubt that every student at the AMERICAN school is Japanese. Also, Soul's attire is different from both he wore in the original anime.

Also, to answet your confusion on the apearance of Kid, he's Death's son. In the original SE he went to the DWMA even before he attended school there. Another thing, I didn't know there was a "grade" system because I thought like one star, two star, and three star was the grade system. And then in SE, Maka was a one star miester, so she would be far from a "senior".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soul Eater Not! Episode One   Soul Eater Not! Episode One I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2014, 9:34 pm

Well, I'm pretty sure the stars are just to represent status in the school. Like one star means your a student. Two star means you are staff and three is teacher and four is death scythe. I think that's how they go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soul Eater Not! Episode One   Soul Eater Not! Episode One I_icon_minitimeApril 20th 2014, 10:19 pm

No, there are atleast one and two star meitsers, this being revealed in the episode when Kid looks up a book on Eibon and finds that one star meisters dont have access to that book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul Eater Not! Episode One   Soul Eater Not! Episode One I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul Eater Not! Episode One
Page 1 of 1