Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Martyn Deville

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Martyn Deville Empty
PostSubject: Martyn Deville   Martyn Deville I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 8:26 am

Martyn Deville 306946_large
This picture remarks his facial features and his hair style, but not much else.

Deville, Martyn

Aliases:

The Modern Samurai, Son of the Swordsmith

Male

Birthday:

April 14

Weapon:

Nope

Love Interest:

N/A

Description/Appearance:

A blonde haired kid standing at a modest 5' 3, with crimson red eyes that make you feel like he's staring right at your soul. Wears a black/white checkered hoodie jacket (the hood is usually covering his face.) that's unzipped partially covering a red t-shirt with a yin yang symbol over his chest. Khaki jeans, and military boots. Always carries around with him a normal samurai katana, the red sheathe strapped to his back.

Soul Description:

Possess a strong soul, similar to that of Mifune. More info here: click here.

Bright red protrusions resembling a demon's tail, and a floating halo, and the yin-yang circling in front of him.

Personality:

Tends to scare others off unintentionally due to his schizophrenic tendencies often talking to someone who doesn't seem to be there or having odd mood swings. He cares a lot about people,  but never has the chance to truly show this. Being constantly bossed around and yelled at for most of his life he does have a problem with authority, and tends to be somewhat rebellious. In his heart he feels like he can never tell anyone what really happened back at his old home, and very secretive about most things in his life, those who know about it are only the ones close enough to pry it out of him, Martyn himself is a very confident, outgoing and optimistic person, the only thing that's kept him going on this long and nearly fruitless search for the weapons his father forged. His only purpose at the school is primarily to seek purpose and understanding. There are still many mysteries in his life that need to be solved but somethings must wait. Martyn craves attention that he is neglected everyday, and wants only to understand, and know the answers to the many floating questions in his head.

However, his other nameless personality contradicts his, cold, calculative, and more of a realist, they can turn almost any situation sinister, because they know exactly what needs to be done and aren't afraid to take the necessary action. Uncanny as it is, his alternate persona tends to be quite cynical when addressing anyone or anything, especially Martyn. Whenever they see fit to do something they will take control of Martyn to make things happen, whenter it's killing someone or something or just saying rude things.

History:

Growing up in a very small city near the Himalayan mountains, he was taken care of by an american widow who sheltered many lost children like a self run orphanage. She taught the children, fed and took care of them, and at the age of three she showed Martyn the sword he carries with him to this day. She claimed it be made by his very own father, the only clue the name "Akemi" inscribed on it in Japanese script, but didn't offer anymore information. Desperate to know more, he questioned people in the town about his heirloom, and through several hours not a single person could return a positive answer. Then he came to his last stop, and questioned one man, who then told him a man lived on the mountains who might know more.

The very next day, he made his trek up the steep mountainside by stairs that were carved from stone, and in several spot replaced by wood or impromptu materials due to them falling apart occasionally. Near the summit, he could see a temple, in near perfect condition and an old man (comparable in size to mosquito) meditating in the open, almost as if he were awaiting his visit. The old man recognized the sword, and told Martyn that a man who used to train here used it all the time, but he had no idea where that man was now. Looking the old man who insisted he call him Kenshin gave him a tour, he quickly figured out great warrior leanred to fight here, and Martyn asked to be train by Kenshin, whom he know had great respect for. For 10 years, Martyn went through training that was barely drawing the line between torture and humane, and throughout it all Kenshin kept baiting him by telling him he wasn't ready to wield his father's sword until his training was complete. HE taught Martyn how to sense souls using Soul Perception, and here how to create swords and other weaponry.

One day, Martyn found Kenshin talking to another man deep inside the temple, but he was too dark to see, and when Kenshin noticed him there, he told Martyn his training was complete, and he handed him his father's sword. Pulling it from the sheathe was the last thing he remembered before he found himself standing in front of the ruined village, buildings burning, and the ground bathed in blood, and Martyn looked in his hand to the the sword, covering in blood, all the way up his forearm. He never spoke of that day again, and after that, Madness of Loneliness grew inside of him, due to whatever happened at that temple had changed him forever.

Abilities:

Can see souls. (Soul Perception), Physically Toned, Master Swordsman, Master Martial Artist, Quick Reaction Time

Other/Miscellaneous:

Theorized by Stein that perhaps a second soul exists with Martyn that creates his "other half". Sometimes his two personalities argue; can disrupt soul wavelength, leave him defenseless.

Have you read the rules?
I love Soul Eater!

Last edited by Linxwire on February 1st 2015, 11:56 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

Martyn Deville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyn Deville   Martyn Deville I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 8:31 am

Personally, I'd like to see more in the personality section, but otherwise ACCEPTED
Back to top Go down
https://souleaterrp.forumotion.com

Martyn Deville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyn Deville   Martyn Deville I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 7:42 pm

Thanks for the tip. I updated him.
Back to top Go down

Martyn Deville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyn Deville   Martyn Deville I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2014, 2:24 pm

I updated the History, and the Abilities. I'd love for someone to re-review it if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

Martyn Deville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyn Deville   Martyn Deville I_icon_minitimeMay 24th 2014, 5:05 pm

He's fine after your changes.
RE-APPROVED.
Back to top Go down

Martyn Deville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyn Deville   Martyn Deville I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2014, 4:04 pm

ADDED:
Picture
Birthday
Weapon
Love Interest

EDITED:
Personality

I also changed the abilities and got rid of that stupid one.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

Martyn Deville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyn Deville   Martyn Deville I_icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2016, 12:24 pm

Martyn Deville SuBGn35

Linx, his formatting needs a bit of correcting and I would appreciate a longer Appearance description, but such is not necessary. The formatting is a minor fix (mainly bolding), but please correct it.

Elsewise, if you plan on dropping/deactivating this character, please let me know and/or add the appropriate tag to his CS title. Thank you. :)

Lani-Eevee dancin'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Martyn Deville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martyn Deville   Martyn Deville I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Martyn Deville
Page 1 of 1