Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WIP images

Go down 
AuthorMessage

WIP images Empty
PostSubject: WIP images   WIP images I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2014, 2:32 pm

I've been on this site only recently, but my first character, Martyn Deville, was an idea for almost a month before I met this community. I'd appreciate some critique on the art I attempted. Thanks, Lots of Love <3.

WIP images Martyn10
I know I screwed up horribly on one hand, and I didn't bother to draw his left eye and shizzle.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

WIP images Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP images   WIP images I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2014, 2:41 pm

Was this made completely on the computer? Also, I absolutely LOVE the eye and the sword!
Back to top Go down

WIP images Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP images   WIP images I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2014, 2:50 pm

Yeah, I did all of this on my pc with a graphics tablet. I'm trying to force myself to do digital art. You like the eyes? Good. I spent most of my time one the sword though, to be honest.
Back to top Go down

WIP images Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP images   WIP images I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2014, 3:25 pm

I really like it! You should go in and add some colors and shading if possible - I'd like to see that. The only real criticism I have is with the hands, which you already mentioned. Otherwise, you could try adding more volume/thickness to the hair so it doesn't look so attached to the head. Still awesome! Better than what I would do with a tablet. Can't wait to see more from you. c:
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

WIP images Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP images   WIP images I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2014, 3:35 pm

Yeah that really is the only criticism that can be offered (the hands). I would mention the hair as well, but I think this was one of those characters that has relatively flat hair (correct me if I'm wrong). Color it and show us!
Back to top Go down

WIP images Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP images   WIP images I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2014, 3:38 pm

Thank you both so much. Maybe I will color it. :3
Back to top Go down

WIP images Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP images   WIP images I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 8:49 pm

WIP images Martyn11

Updated; fixed the hand, added first color layer, misc corrections
Back to top Go down

WIP images Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP images   WIP images I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 8:56 pm

It looks a LOT better in color. Helps me to really see what your char. looks like. One other thing that bothers me is the size of the nose contour. Then again, I can understand why you made it big since it gives him more a masculine look. Overall this is great work, keep it up!
Back to top Go down

WIP images Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP images   WIP images I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 9:03 pm

Meh, it's not entirely accurate. He does have both eyes I was just so scared the second one I drew wouldn't be identical that I didn't draw it at all. And even now I just realized the sword isn't colored :/
Back to top Go down

WIP images Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP images   WIP images I_icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 9:11 pm

Some programs, like Photoshop, allow you to cut and flip certain things. It's a pretty simple function so I'm sure whatever you're using is able to. If you can manage to copy that left eye and flip it, then it should look fine. I actually didn't even notice the sword wasn't colored. :P Not like you can't go back, though. Even if you make a mistake you can always undo it. c:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WIP images Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIP images   WIP images I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIP images
Page 1 of 1