Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

bullying

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

bullying Empty
PostSubject: bullying   bullying I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2014, 9:24 pm

Emo
Fag
Pussy
you'll burn in hell
Queer
Trash
Scum

These are things I hear on a daily basis, however my philosophy behind it is when they start insulting you just turn your music up and pay no mind but eventually it just builds up and eventually has to be released. The other day I was in a restaurant with my boyfriend having a nice time until a very large man sees some pda between us and grew very angry. So angry that he came over to us and yelled at us to leave saying some very hurtful words which I refuse to repeat. See, I would've yelled back but I'm 5'5". Short guys can't get angry and my boyfriend couldn't hurt a fly. With no other choice we left. This happens all too often and while it doesn't usually get to me for some reason things like this are really beginning to upset me. I guess this explains my absence a bit, I've just been pretty stressed out from all of this and I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down

bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullying   bullying I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2014, 9:28 pm

I am really sorry to hear that, but know you are always welcome here.
Back to top Go down

bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullying   bullying I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2014, 9:51 pm

In my oppinion, if someone get angry about you in a place that they don't own for something that isn't even that out of the ordinary anymore.... And they get upset enough to physically come over and try to make you leave just because they're so ignorant they can't even be in the same room as you......... Then yeah, they're DEFINATLY the one who has the problem.

If I was in the same situation I'd be pretty p*ssed off about it. But, honestly, all you can do is turn the other cheek and let them deal with their own issue. Just thought I'd throw that out there.... Take as much time as you need. I can only imagine how hard it is to deal with people like that.
Back to top Go down

bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullying   bullying I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2014, 9:54 pm

;o; Connor, I would give you so many hugs and cookies right now if I knew you in person. I have been in a situation similar to that before. I wasn't the one being laughed at, but a really good friend of mine was. The only thing that kept me from socking the asshole in the jaw was the fact that I would get in legal trouble for doing so.

//Screen hugs
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullying   bullying I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2014, 4:58 am

Wow... That kinda shit is disgusting. People are horrible... Isn't it kinda against the law to go around screaming at people who are homosexual or bisexual to leave places just because?
Back to top Go down

bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullying   bullying I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2014, 8:19 am

Discrimination against LGBT is still legal in my state unfortunately.
Back to top Go down

bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullying   bullying I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2014, 8:26 am

IDK about the legallity of one random guy, but I heard of one case where a store selling wedding stuff refused to do buisiness with an LBGT couple and it was ruled that it was unconstitutional to deny the couple's rights in such a way. So if an actual buisiness ever tries to pull something like that, then you might be able to fight back, if you're willing to put the time and effort into it.
Back to top Go down

bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullying   bullying I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2014, 8:51 am

Discrimination protections: No statewide protection for sexual orientation or gender identity. Well this sucks. I'll do what I can if it happens again. But I dont think It would be much. Thanks guys. I appreciate all the support .
Back to top Go down

bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullying   bullying I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2014, 9:22 am

I, too am LGBT, and, even though I haven't experienced any sort of discrimination, I still fear the worst and hearing about other's experience's with anti-LGBT reminds me of how /badly/ people treat others. It's kinda pathetic. (In case anyone wants to know, I'm a MTF gender-fluid)
Back to top Go down

bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullying   bullying I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2014, 12:02 pm

>▂< (╯^╰)

I'm sorry about how everyone's being treated! I wish there was something I could do... I'm homeschooled, so I've never experienced any major bullying or anything like that. (Not saying that school is the only place you get bullied but it is the main source) I have been bullied, but it's never phased me because I'm too care free. But I've never experienced anything major. The most that's happened to me was someone threatened to fight me, and that was only once! I kinda wish I was bullied a bit more now so I can get a better understanding of how you guys truly feel...
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullying   bullying I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2014, 12:05 pm

See, this is one of those things that makes me want to flat-out punch people in the face. If you haven't guessed from my characters (namely Savannah, Jasmine, and Justice), I have no problem with the LGBT community. None. You love who you want. You want what and who you want. The world does not control you, society does not control you; you are your own person. Forget whatever the hell the world tries to tell and sell you. You are not responsible for their ignorance, you are not responsible for anything that they could ever possibly do; you are only responsible for yourself, your CHOICES (not your identity), and your reactions.

Despite how much I know it hurt you, Connor, I commend you for not making a scene; some people are just assholes, and though how he treats you is TECHNICALLY a hate crime, the bastard probably would have managed to turn it around on you and make your life worse. Personally, if I ever somehow manage to meet him, it is very likely that I will punch him in the face. Or kick him elsewhere. Because that's bullshit, and you in no way deserve that or should have to deal with anything even remotely similar.

I'm sorry for you, though :( Know that we are all here for you.
Back to top Go down

bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullying   bullying I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2014, 12:13 pm

I LOVE THIS DAMN FORUM!!!!! We're all together here! We love each other! We dont even know what we look like but it doesn't matter! We're literally, distant family members here. Seriously. The fact the Connor put up
A relevant, serious, potentially life threatening problem up ON THIS FORUM, says how united we all are! I love it so much.. Ugh... I sound like I'm reading a script... But seriously. I love this so much. The fact that we all feel safe with putting up our life situations is amazing! It's truly amazing! From this point on, I consider us all siblings, cousins, and everything else!
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullying   bullying I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2014, 12:19 pm

The Admins/staff with skype ( -aHEM, Dead- ) have already become a major family dynamic. I claimed the rank of nanny, but at least one of them considers me 'sister' lol :) That's how we all work. We're not going to just sit here and let things happen to each other. We care too much to do that. And we KNOW that we care too much, and it makes us feel.... safe.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullying   bullying I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2014, 12:27 pm

The speeches, tho! The troof tho!
Back to top Go down

bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullying   bullying I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2014, 1:26 pm

Quote :
See, this is one of those things that makes me want to flat-out punch people in the face. If you haven't guessed from my characters (namely Savannah, Jasmine, and Justice), I have no problem with the LGBT community. None. You love who you want. You want what and who you want. The world does not control you, society does not control you; you are your own person. Forget whatever the hell the world tries to tell and sell you. You are not responsible for their ignorance, you are not responsible for anything that they could ever possibly do; you are only responsible for yourself, your CHOICES (not your identity), and your reactions.

Well said, Lani. I doubt there's anyone here who would disagree with that.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullying   bullying I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2014, 4:14 pm

^^;

So, Connor, and hell, everyone here --- if you ever need anything, even just someone to rant to, let us know. I'm on the 'net a good bit of the time (however rarely I've been posting lately --- I'm kinda working on my own story/site), and will answer when I'm needed. :)

I LOVE YOU ALL, DOVES!!! <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bullying Empty
PostSubject: Re: bullying   bullying I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bullying
Page 1 of 1