Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! Empty
PostSubject: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2014, 12:27 pm

Ok. So in the naruto forum I'm on I has a taijutsu based character. (For those of you who don't know, taijutsu is basically hand-to-hand fighting skills) His story is this... Nevermind. Telling you would take to long. Pretty much, I need a super mode for my character. A transformation, an ability, a trump card. Something that's used only when he's in danger or needs to kill a guy or something. I can't think of anything that goes along the lines of hand-to-hand combat, so I need you guys' help to help me figure it out. So please, throw out all the ideas you have! :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2014, 6:58 pm

Hmmmmmm....... Maybe....... Why don't you go for environmental trump card, hmm? Not many people use it and that have a hard time dealing with a hats are as such.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2014, 7:10 pm

Maybe goes into a primal rage type thing? Shifts skin color, grows claws, etc?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2014, 9:42 pm

Well he could open the twelve gates or pull off a summon.
There is also drunk fu.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2014, 10:04 pm

I like Sov's and Jac's idea. But that's so average. Having the eight gates would just make me another Rock Lee or Guy. The primal idea is cool, but it's a too generic for my taste. A lot of people have a lizard or a tiger man. It's not interesting in my opinion. I wanted something a little more unique... Something fitting to him. Something that nobody else has used or seen. A mode that he can only use cause it's HIS power and his only.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2014, 10:04 pm

I also thought about having an elements type. Or a barre thing. But I couldn't think of anything so I let that idea pass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2014, 1:49 am

Can you explain thing about him so we can better formulate idea that apply directly to him instead of just your average joe stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2014, 2:45 am

Kataro is a 12 year old boy with a passion for fighting. His father is abusive, verbally and physically, and his father also comes from a long line of swordsman. Kataro's dad decided he didn't want Kataro fighting if he wasn't using a blade, so he wanted to force swordsmanship onto him. Kataro refused, so the father attempted to kill him. But the mother convinced her husband to spare her son's life. But instead of killing his son, the father put seals on his arms and legs. Now, whenever Kataro tries to fight, his arms feel heavier and her gets tired quicker. The seals are visible, and they look like Chinese markings running up his arms and legs. So he wears arm wraps to keep them hidden. So Kataro vowed to never use a sword in his life. Later in his timeline, Kataro's mother will attempt to remove the seal, but the father had a backup plan for that. Whoever attempts to remove the seal will die. He figured Kataro would try to remove it, so he placed that there in attempts to kill him. But instead, the mother ends up dying. That there is a major blow to the family, and Kataro becomes even more angry with his father. Later in life, Kataro is going to have the seal reversed, that way, instead of the seal making him weaker in fighting, it increases his abilities.

That's Kataro. I would go more into his personality but I'll give you the basics; He's gentle, caring, uplifting to other, helpful, optimistic, and pretty happy. But he looks down and beats himself up constantly. I need a mode that is somewhat triggered by his emotions, and is super strong, something unique. I also would like it to be something contradicting to his personality, so instead of gentle and caring, it's hard and tough or something. Idk. But if you have a cool idea that doesn't go along those lines, PLEASE shout them out. I need them. Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2014, 3:16 am

Considering the idea of a kind of awakening esqe combat as suggested by this thread and akin to many naruto games, perhaps in this modified state he has discovered how to reverse the effects of the seals for a very short time at the sacrifice of his humanity (his caring personality/morality in exchange for something much more feral) and the more he uses it he begins to lose control, occasionally waking in pools of blood or blood stained clothes with no recollection of the events.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2014, 11:07 am

What if he actually does use swords during his rage moments? He summons twin swords and his wrappings transform into chains. He is so enraged that he does not feel the fatigue, or if he does he fights through it. He would become utterly relentless and can even incorporate the chains in combat. His seals might start to glow to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2014, 12:35 pm

I like both of the ideas!!! Both are many sexy! I really like Linxy's, but I wanted something like that, but a little more controllable. Something he can concentrate and call upon and use as his own power. I also like Sov's many much too, but may have to alter his story a little if I wanted to keep the sword idea. The glowy seal idea is very sexy too. I had actually been considering that as well. But I want something along the lines of Linxy, except a little more controllable. It sounds like you wouldn't have to much control of yourself in that mode, which is something I've never enjoyed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2014, 12:57 pm

They are suggestions don't take them at face value. You can alter the ideas any way you need to so it's akin to your ideas. You can the loss of control out of my idea of you want I was just going on a tangent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2014, 12:58 pm

Next step then. Why don't you start with Lynx's idea, and then have him work and train, slowly bringing it to something he has full control over and still retains his mind. That also gives you some direction for your character to grow in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2014, 4:04 pm

But what does that mode do exactly? What abilities would it give him, powers, physical or even mental traits would he take on. And after he gains control, then what?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2014, 4:39 pm

Senpoo! Can you make the new training thread??????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2014, 4:48 pm

What if say, his chakra repels all weapons, disarming his foes and makes his strength double.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2014, 7:28 pm

Ooh!!! Yus! I like that! Maybe even he gets ninja hands. Ninja hands is where his hands get sharp and become almost stone like, slashing through his goes with ease. I'm definitely taking that idea! Thanks Linx! But there's still one thing missing. Like... I don't know. We've got the perks; enganced strength and speed, plus the immune to weapon thing. What I need now is something more offensive. Something that he uses in that mode as if he has always had it. (Yus. I will get to thet thread)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!   I Need Your Creative Prowess!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Need Your Creative Prowess!!!
Page 1 of 1