Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Liquid time discution

Go down 

Do you agree with liquid time?
yes
Liquid time discution I_vote_lcap50%Liquid time discution I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
no
Liquid time discution I_vote_lcap50%Liquid time discution I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage

Liquid time discution Empty
PostSubject: Liquid time discution   Liquid time discution I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2013, 9:29 pm

So liquid time is basically the ability for your character to be in multiple threads doing things with people in different places at the same time. There are both positive and negative aspects of it. On one hand, you can keep RPing a character you like without worring about how long it takes for another character you're interracting with to respond. Which is good for really fast-paced RPing sites.

But on the other hand, it gives room for inconsistencies and makes things more confusing to keep the RP characters in continuallity. I am against liquid time, personally, so I can't really approach this issue unbiased but I believe that characters should not be in more than one place at a time.... I think it kind-of sets up characters to become more like cartoon characters where nothing is really learned because it would interfere with what happens over there and it takes the fun out of the unpredictabillity of RPs where you don't know what the other guy's planning. And it makes the assumption that you know FOR SURE what will happen in the future. So there's my stance on it.

This thread is about hearing both sides, having a civilized open conversation about what is both good and bad about liquid time, and holding a poll to find out the answear. Currently this site allows liquid time, but I will probably give you crap if you bring it up or if it effects the story. This is not a suggestion and I do not expect it to become restricted or limited anytime soon.

*There is to be no direct/personal attacks or flaming

*Respect eachothers oppinions and try to see thier point of view

*Do not throw points out the window because you don't agree or they seem unlikely unless you have a counter-argument to that point that makes sense

If any of these rules are broken then mods or Admins may become involved to lock this thread. I cannot stress this enough, keep the discution civil.

With that said, feel free to share your oppinions and help provide a good majority view on how the playerbase views this by voting in the Poll!
Back to top Go down

Liquid time discution
Page 1 of 1