Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) Empty
PostSubject: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2014, 4:45 pm

Jack Henderson paced back and forth, waiting for 10:00, which was in two minutes. The dojo was rebuilt because a fire two months ago, but luckily he had insurance. Jack owned the dojo, and was the only sensie. He was wanting to hire but couldn't find anyone with the right qualifications. There was a "Help Wanted" poster hanging outside by the door. Nora didn't really show up to the dojo anymore, because he was too busy studying for the super written exam. Jack had originally opebed the dojo four years ago, and expected his original students to return. *Ding Dong!* the grandfather clock chimed. "Time to open." He said as he unlocked the door and switched on the open neon sign. Jack sat in one of the chairs, waiting for a student or anyone to show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2014, 9:35 pm

Ooc: anybody interested in a job?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2014, 10:30 pm

OOC// What exactly does a job at the dojo en-tale?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 16th 2014, 10:47 pm

Ooc: if the person meets standards and has expierence using martial arts, one can be hired as a sensei. Also, a janitor, maintenence man, accountant, and seceratary are needed. Up until now the dojo has been ran by Jack and employees that filled those spots, but after the fire, everyone had to quit and find another job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2014, 9:28 pm

OOC// I think I'll send Martyn this way once I done with him in Soul Searching
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 20th 2014, 11:22 pm

Ooc: okie dokie!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2014, 12:26 pm

OOC// Let's just start anyway :P

Not much longer a young boy with a black/white checkered hoodie, cargo jeans, and military boots. He had blonde hair that hung down to his neck, and crimson red eyes. On his back was a sword strapped to him in a wooden red sheathe. The boy entered the dojo, quietly, he immediately felt like he was at home, the atmosphere of a stable fighting environment that was peaceful when dormant. "Hello? Anyone here?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2014, 2:13 pm

Jack had almost fallen asleep in his chair. He jumped at Martyn talking. "Who? What? Oh, um, yes! Just a second!" Jack looked in the mirror real quick and decided he was presentable. He was wearing a black gi that had a red dragon on it with a black belt. He was wearing no shoes or socks. Jack walked right up to Martyn and stuck his hand out. "Hello, I'm Sensei Jack, and you are?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2014, 2:26 pm

"Call me Martyn, an honor to meet you Sensei. I'm glad I could come today, things have been... busy recently." He firmly shook his hands. He took his sword off of his back, just out of respect. He looked him up and down. Martyn particularly was very familiar with the gi, and it made him almost miss his own previous one. "Is there anyone else here?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2014, 2:35 pm

Jack took notice of Martyn's sword. "Nice to meet you, Martyn. No, Sarah is working and of course Nora has school, but no matter! So, are you interested in becoming a student?" Jack pulled two chairs up and sat in one. He patted the other one, inviting Martyn to sit down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2014, 2:50 pm

He shook his head, a generous grin on his face. "No, you see... ever since I was 3 I have been in the practice of mixed martial arts. I know how to fight with 9 different weapons, katana, wakizashi, tanto, bo staff and hanbo, kunai and throwing stars, kusarigama, and nunchaku as well as unarmed fighting. I'm not here to be a student, I want to teach. I have a long lineage of fighters in my blood I've been told, my sword is proof of this, an antique." he handed him the sword named Akemi in case he wanted to examine it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2014, 3:05 pm

Jack took Akemi from Martyn and looked it over. "Well, if you want to teach you'll have to fill out an application. I will also have to test you. And do you know who made this sword?" Jack set Akemi down next to the chair and handed Martyn an application.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2014, 3:29 pm

Martyn opened his mouth to answer but couldn't find the words. A tear streaked down from his eye, and he wiped it away quickly. he had trouble starting up again, trying to swallow this lump in his throat. "M...My father made t-the sword..." He took a deep breath to try and console himself. "Where's this application?" He said getting past the sob story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2014, 3:37 pm

Jack narrowed his eyes at Martyn. "I didn't mean to trigger any bad memories, but this is an impressive sword. One would compare this to the work of Goro Nyudo Masamune. Here is the application." Jack handed Martyn a two page application. It contained questions like race, religion, date of birth, types of martial arts you know, and so on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 26th 2014, 3:54 pm

"Thank you. I don't really know where he is now," he pulled a pen out from his jacket, and began to write, try to hurry the application. "but I'm sure he would love to know his work exceptional." The warm welcome he had gotten from this place had began to wear off. he had hopes that maybe this place would be a sanctuary, a place of practice to help replace the memories of the previous one. but perhaps it would only bring them back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2014, 8:29 pm

Ooc: sorry for the late post

Jack leaned back in his chair. He started to relax. The first day reopened, and he already has an applicant wanting to work here. Although there won't be anyone to teach if no one wants to learn. Do kids even do martial arts anymore? The flow of trends nowadays seems to be going faster than he can keep up. "Let me know when you're done with that." Jack told Martyn. He doesn't hear much from the academy, but he heard about the fight between Martyn and Arc. Was this really the same kid? He heard it was a really good fight. He wished he could've been there to watch it. "Hey kid, are you the same person that fought that Arc guy?" Jack asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2014, 8:40 pm

He chuckled to himself, that little skirmish he had endured just a week after enrolling at the school, this is what he had mentioned, he was still a little sore about that, about alot of things. "Ace Toromaki was his name, and yeah, that was me. I wasn't ever the topic of conversation until after that day." he said kinda reminiscing in the moment. he turned to the last page of the application beginning to fill it out. "But you know, I'm sure you've had much more interesting struggles. Perhaps you have a story to tell?" he was just try to make some small talk while he finished the paperwork.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2014, 11:23 pm

Ooc: i always confuse arc with ace. Lol.

Jack thought to himself for aminute. 'Me? Tell a story?' He thought to himself. "Well, I don't have very many stories to tell. Except for this one time I entered a tournament in Japan, but I'm sure you don't want to listen to an old man rant on about his glory days." Jack didn't get along with many people, as they seemed to try his patience, but something about this kid made Jack want to know him more. Was his personality? He couldn't tell, but Martyn wasn't just any ordinary DWMA student. No, there was something different about him that put him above all the other students. Not Nora of course, he would never let his son be surrpassed by even the likes of Black*Star. Although there was still a long way to go before Nora could live up to his father's expectations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2014, 11:38 pm

Martyn put down his writing utensil, his application completed. He gazed up at Jack as he seemed to be pondering something. It's a shame, I was actually very interested in what he had to say, but I guess you can't really force someone to speak. "Is something on your mind Sensei?" HE probably should have mentioned he was done with the papers, but they seemed rather irrelevant right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2014, 11:54 pm

Jack was so deep in thought, he almost didn't notice Martyn speak up. "Oh, Martyn. I was just thinking, if your father has gone missing, how have you gotten by? I always thought that every boy needed a father figure in his life." Jack had not meant to get that personal, but the thought bothered him. If Martyn had no father, then who would teach him to shave? Who would take him out to a baseball game? Buy him his first beer? His relationship with his own son wasn't like that, but that is because Jack never has time. He doesn't want Martyn to be missing any of his parents. Everybody needs parents to raise them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 29th 2014, 12:05 am

Martyn smiled sincerely. There aren't many people left in this world who have a heart, let alone have a human soul. This guy's quite the catch. "Well, it's weird kinda. When I was three, I remeber being watched over by this woman, her name was Marie Deville. She wasn't my mother, but she was the closest thing to a mother I ever had. And then... she showed me Akemi, and I went to pursue my father at 3. I met a man, alot like you. A Sensei who owned his own temple. He claimed to know the sword, so I elected to stay and train with him in hopes of learning more about, my old man. I was with him for ten long years... I guess you could say he was my- er Father-figure." He know realized how odd that sounded coming out of his mouth, thinking back to how he would fight until nearly dead every week in training. But aside from that, he was the only man to look up to. What choice did he really have?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 29th 2014, 12:13 am

Jack nodded. "I see. Life has been tough for you, hasn't it? It depends on what path you choose for it to either get better, or worse. A man I once knew said there were only two paths. The path of the warrior, and the path of the demon. Whichever path you take is your decision, and can effect you entire life. Now, that application, please?" Jack reached his hand out to claim the papers. The discussion right now will have to wait until after the testing is over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 29th 2014, 12:29 am

Martyn glanced at the papers and just facepalmed having forgotten about them. He handed them over to Jack without argument. "I think I know who your talking about... his name is... Mifune, correct? Ace told me our souls were similar to one each other." Martyn was rather reluctant to start the test.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 29th 2014, 8:57 am

Jack looked into the distance as if he were remembering something. "Yes, Mifune. Known as the Sword God, or Kenshin. He was a great warrior. He still is, I suppose. He single handedly defended his village from the star clan. I met him at Chupa Cabra's one time. We were having a drink, and he replayed the whole story for me. Its quite a tale, if that's the kind of story you're interested in." Jack was looking over the papers intently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitimeMay 29th 2014, 9:17 am

Martyn wasn't really swayed by his words. He didn't want to hear about Mifune, he knew all he wanted to know about him. "So, explain to me how we preform this test. I'm unfamiliar with it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)   The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dojo: Grand Reopening (open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next