Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) Empty
PostSubject: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2015, 4:58 pm

Juro paced around the training grounds, waiting for his weapon partner to get here. He had asked Chicory to meet him here so they could practice and train a bit, but he was starting to wonder if she got lost, it happened to him all the time. He put a hand on his neck worryingly and hoped that Chicory would arrive soon.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2015, 6:06 pm

'It's only training, It's only training, It's only training...' This though coursed through Chicory's head like a broken record. But why was she so worried? Well, besides Chicory being a bit paranoid at all times, she was really just hoping she didn't accidentally kill her partner, or put him in the infirmary. She'd rather let him make her have to go to the infirmary than the other way around. Walking down the path towards the training grounds Chicory was looking down with her pointer fingers pressing against each other at different intervals. '[i]... almost there, It's only training, It's only training...'

She continued to chant inside her head, even though she was sure she wouldn't hurt Juro-kun on purpose, she was different when she fought. She didn't really consider things outside of combat and defensive tactics. It was kinda like a "Battle mode," or it was to Chicory anyway. And she only went into that mode in combat. What if her body couldn't tell the difference and she lost control of her rational thought? 'it'sonlytraing,it'sonlytraining,it'sonlytraining!'

Chicory was actually so distracted by he thoughts that she failed to notice her actually being in the training yard. She also was too late in noticing her close proximity to one of the lined up training dummies in the yard. 'it's only training, it's only training, it's onl-' BONK It was then that Chicory's body and face met the dummy. This caused Chicory to fall back on her butt. "Ow ow ow ow ow, ow."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2015, 6:18 pm

Juro looked over to the right when he heard a noise and was surprised to see Chicory's soul and hear her saying "ow" over and over again. He dashed over and crouched by Chicory,a look of worry on his face. "Hey Chicory, are you alright? You're not hurt are you?" He said.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2015, 8:51 pm

Chicory held her forehead, pressing lightly and rubbing to help the pain subside. Of course her bottom didn't feel much better. Right now she just wished she was paying more attention to where she was going rather then what she was about to do. She heard footsteps and could feel residual vibrations of footsteps coming closer to her. When she heard the voice she instantly recognized who it was. "Juro-kun!" She looked in the direction of his voice, even though she knew he was blind as well, she wanted to feel like she was looking him in the eyes when she talked to him.

"I-I'm alright... just, hit my head a little..." She rubbed her forehead once more before she looked back towards Juro. "Umm, Juro-kun, would you mind helping me up, onegai shimasu?" Chicory usually corrected her Japanese with the English word when she spoke, but she tended to forget to correct it around Juro. Honestly she didn't even realize the switch most of the time.

(Ooc: Sorry for the wait. Also, onegai shimasu means "please" in the context of asking a favor.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2015, 9:53 pm

Juro nodded, not knowing Japanese but understand what she wanted. "Of course Chicory." He said with a smile. He extended his hand and gently grabbed her forearm before standing up, pulling Chicory with him. He held her arm a bit longer as her brushed so grass off her. He let go of her arm and put a hand near her face, stopping himself from touching her at the last moment. He had to ask PERMISSION first, after all. "Hey Chicory, may I check your forehead real quick?" he asked warmly, with a hint of worry.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 6th 2015, 10:04 pm

As Chicory felt Juro grab her arm she in turn grabbed his and helped him as he assisted her back into standing. She then quickly wiped the grass off her bottom as Juro helped her. She sighed in relief. "G-Gomen... wait, no, I mean... T-Thank you Juro-kun" She could feel her forehead still throbbing a little causing her to wince a little from the weird sensation it caused. It was then she heard Juro ask if he could check her injury.

Her face blushed a bit but she nodded lightly as she answered him back. "M-mhmm" She said as she waited for the feeling of Juro's hand. She was expecting it to hurt a little but she was sure it wasn't too serious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 7th 2015, 12:17 am

Juro nodded and lightly felt the area where she hit her head with his thumb. he frowned when he came to the conclusion that it would bruise. He sighed and removed his hand from her head. "Well it seems to only be a bruise, hope it doesn't hurt too much." He said. Also if you feel like you shouldn't train like this then by all means we can do it another time." He said with a hint of worry in his voice.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2015, 2:07 am

Chicory did cringe slightly when Juro touched the spot she hit. She did her best not to make any noise, it only hurt a little, but it was sharp. When Juro removed his hand she opened her eyes and blinked. Hearing his diagnosis Chicory felt rather horrible, like she had ruined his plans. She had been so nervous about training, but now... When she heard Juro's last sentence she grabbed his arm quickly with both hands. "No! You don't have to do that. Juro-kun was looking forward to training... I'm alright, you said it was a bruise right? I'll just wear a bandage for a week or so, Juro-kun doesn't have to stop the training..."

Chicory cupped Juro's hand in hers and held tightly. "Please... I'm alright... I wanna train with Juro-kun... I wanna train with you..." Chicory held her head down, slightly sad that she put Juro in this sort of situation on such an important time for him. It was her own fault for being scared to train, and she wanted to make it up to Juro. She had to make it up to Juro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2015, 2:17 am

Juro was about to respond and deny her request to go on with training, but was silenced by her holding his hand tightly. He stayed silent for a moment before smiling and speaking. "Alright, we'll continue with training." He said cheerfully, before speaking once again with a slight frown. "But right afterwards we're going to your place or a clinic and I'm patching that up for you, okay?" He said, letting worry slip into his voice again. He dreaded to think that Chicory would be harmed because of him and wanted to make sure she recovered from her injury with no problems, even if it might've been an overreaction to a bruise.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2015, 2:58 am

Chicory picked her head back up and nodded towards Juro. "Mmhmm" She agreed before she slowly released Juro's hands. Chicory was at the very least, happy she was able to still train with Juro-kun. She really wanted to make sure that he was learning his combat skills and being able to take care of himself. Even though Chicory knew in her heart that she would never let someone hurt Juro-kun if she had anything to say about it. Chicory then grabbed Juro's hand and walked him to a wide open space. She then released his hand and walked a few feet away from him before turning to face him.

She took in a deep breath and clapped her hands together twice in prayer. Something she always did with her dad before training. She then took up her defensive stance by separating her feet and moving the right one back a little. She held her arms up in front of her with her elbows bent for better blocking potential. "Hai, okay. Juro-kun, please show me your fighting techniques. Please don't hold back." Chicory went into her full battle state. Concentrating all her senses to their peek ability. Sound, Smell, Touch, even her Tasting was increased. "Sate, ikimasu!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2015, 1:37 pm

Juro went on silently as she did all of this, listening closely and studying her movements as best as he could. He nodded when she asked him to show her his fighting techniques and stood there in the exact same position, which was casual. He waited a few moments before speaking. "Umm, am I supposed to have those?" He said in a confused way, he wasn't exactly a trained fighter or anything. How embarrassing, hopefully Chicory wouldn't just drop him on the spot for a better Meister, but he wouldn't blame her if she did.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2015, 2:59 pm

"..." A gust of wind blew by in the distance as an awkward silence filled the air. Chicory then turned around and held the sides of her face in embarrassment as her face turned a beat red color. She then started talking out loud to herself in a rapid paranoid way. "Oh Baka! What were you thinking? You know Juro-kun isn't trained for combat, that's why you are doing this in the first place, BAKA! Baka, baka, baka! You've not only dishonored your partner, but you dishonored yourself. You don't deserve to have a partner if you can't even train with them correctly, BA-..."

Chicory's self diminishing rant was stopped suddenly by Juro suddenly turning Chicory around to face him. Chicory started to lower her hands from the side of her head down to her chest. She looked down towards the ground as she quietly talked to Juro. "I-I'm sorry... I shouldn't have assumed... I mean I knew better, I... I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2015, 7:26 pm

Juro continued to be confused throughout her rant but quickly got a hold of himself near the end and walked up to Chicory, turning her around gently. Juro couldn't help but smile at the hilarity of the current situation and at how quickly Chicory forgot she wasn't expected to be a world class teacher. He continued to smile as he spoke. "It's fine Chicory, it was just a small mistake, you really don't need to freak out about it, besides it's not as if you've been teaching people all your life." He said cheerfully. He couldn't help but give her a hug as he said the next part. "You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, everyone makes small mistakes. And believe it or not you really make fewer mistakes then most people."
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 13th 2015, 1:37 am

Chicory blushed as she listened to Juro speak in his light, kind, tone. How was he so good at making her calm? She never really met someone who could make her feel this comfortable about herself. She was always such a klutz and yet he always made her feel like she was well, normal. When he gave her a hug she was slightly surprised and it showed on her expression as she was now looking over his shoulder. As she listened to Juro's kind words, her head rested gently on his shoulder and she returned his kind hug.

"Thank you, Juro-kun... I'll try to believe in myself more." After a moment of continuous hugging Chicory suddenly realized her situation and gently released Juro and backed away putting her hands behind her back, looking to the side with a smile on her face. "So, umm, how would you like to start with training?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 13th 2015, 1:42 am

Juro backed up a step from her, a smile on his face, since he was happy that he had cheered Chicory up. He cocked his head at her question and seemed to ponder for a moment as he put a hand to his chin. After a little bit, he spoke up. "Well a good place to start would be dodging I guess? Not getting hit is more important then hitting afterall." He said, believing what he said.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2015, 5:46 pm

Chicory nodded her head in response. "Hai!" She said enthusiastically before placing her finger to her lips in thought. "Uh, are you sure you'll be able to do this Juro-kun? I know you can see souls but, how are you going to dadge my attacks?" She asked concerned for his safety, after all Chicory couldn't always control herself when she fought. She just hoped training was a different thing entirely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 14th 2015, 7:58 pm

Juro shrugged, not really sure how he would, all he really knew is that he had done it in the past. "I don't know, but I'm sure I will. And don't worry about hurting me Chicory, that's a given when it comes to training. (I think)" He said. He put his arms up as to not look sloppy and to make sure there wasn't any resistance for movement, and plus there was the off-chance he would actually BLOCK something. He also shifted his footing a bit so that he could dash or jump away as needed. He smiled when he was finished and looked at Chicory's soul. "Alright, let's go. Do it whenever." He said enthusiastically.
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2015, 12:29 am

", Or,"  Grey had been coming to train with Xavier when he heard someone making noise somewhere else on the training ground. He walked over to investigate, and, low and behold, it was the duo who fought the gun master the other day. The instuctor called their names. Chicory and Juro it was only after seeing these fight together thet he understood why weapons needed to work with weapon masters. "You could practice watching each others' backs." He knew that Xavier was coming soon, but his pride required him to test his mettle against the bō. He reached into his case, and instead of the usual weapons were unsharpened sparring versions. He grabbed the wakizashi, closed the case, and took up a side facing, fighting stance with his weapon pointed between his fellow students.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 15th 2015, 11:29 am

"Or, you could actually wait for me Grey" Xavier rolled his eyes as he found himself narrowly escaping a situation he usually discovered himself to be in. He knew that Grey had a tendency to go ahead of him, but this time, Xavier left his home a little early to compensate. He turned towards Juro and Chicory, only to raise his eyebrows as he realized he recognized the duo. "Despite my partner's eagerness, he does have the right idea. Instead of sparring against your partner, you should practice against others." Xavier shrugged as he offered the idea, aiming to not seem pretentious to the pair.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2015, 11:13 pm

Chicory had nodded to Juro and taken a stance to prepare for a normal strike when she heard another voice from beside her and she stumbled a bit in surprise. "N-Nyah!" After Chicory recovered from her stumble she swiftly his behind Juro and peeked from behind his shoulder at the source of the voice. She listened to what the boy said but was unsure how to react yo him suddenly dropping in on them.

It was then that she heard another voice and his behind Juro once again with a single "Eeep" before reappearing on the side of his other shoulder. Chicory wasn't expecting other people to be here, even if it was an open training area she thought it would just be her and Juro. She was a little disappointed actually. But it seemed that these two newcomers wanted to train with them. Chicory wasn't even comfortable with the training she was doing with just Juro, but she couldn't very well just tell them no could she? She placed her hand on Juro's shoulder and whispered in his ear. "W-What should we do Juro-kun?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2015, 12:00 am

Juro looked at the guy that suddenly showed up and was about to respond before Chicory ran behind him and started using him as cover. The same thing happened again, as he was about to respond when Chicory again was surprised by ANOTHER guy showing up and hid behind him again. He waited a moment to make sure it wouldn't happen again before he spoke. He noted Chicory's nervousness and decided to take that into account. "Alright, um. First of all, it's 20 years of bad luck to sneak up on blind people, so good luck with that. And second of all, we ultimately had the goal of Chicory here teaching me Bojitsu(SP?), so you could see why we we're reluctant to train in a group." He said. He had no intention of actually refusing to train with them, in fact he felt it would be better if she taught him on the fly during combat. Besides, it would be fun to see if they could beat these guys or not. Although, if Chicory didn't want to spar with them he would accommodate wholeheartedly.
Back to top Go down
VagrantAtHeart
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
VagrantAtHeart

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 20th 2015, 11:38 pm

After watching them fight and having not realized that the methods they used to compensate for their blindness didn't mean that they completely overcame it, Grey hesitates , which manifests for a moment in his walking, as he realizes he was too eager to spar with these two and that blinded him. "It seems I was too hasty in my assumptions." Grey looked over to his weapon partner- Grey had a bad habit of setting his clocks an hour early because of his fondness for punctuality. He shouldn't have been as surprised as he was that someone he had resonated with had already adapted- he was glad to see him here it meant that he had someone he could rely on both while fighting and socializing with these two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2015, 12:07 am

(( If Airwalk doesn't post in two days he'll be skipped. Sorry. ))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJune 27th 2015, 10:47 am

(("ey Sorry bruvs I've been without wifi for a few days but I'm still alive))

Xavier shrugged as Juro replied to their offer. "I don't really believe in bad luck, nothing a little elbow grease and hard work can't fix in any situation. And if you're not feeling up to a little duel, that's alright." Xavier replied politely as he usually did, but he allowed a slight challenging tone enter his voice. He felt that the best way to learn something was to be thrown off the deep end, and he was hoping that he could agitate the duo just enough to get them motivated.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2015, 5:07 pm

Chicory was thankful for Juro's statement, although she was unsure of what they should do. She held on to Juro's shirt and thought to herself for a moment. Her and Juro were a team, and in a team you need to consider the feelings of your partner. And Chicory felt that, even though Juro was basing his answer on her feelings, he also wanted to spar with the two boys. Chicory squeezed the cloth to get Juro's attention.

"Juro-kun... d-do you... want to fight them?" Chicory asked in a rather heartbreaking tone, like she felt guilty for making him feel like he had to do this for her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)   Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Practice Equals Perfection (PM for Invite, Me and Idoc)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next