Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) Empty
PostSubject: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2016, 10:40 am

It had been a little over two months since her mentor and landlord had died, leaving her to the townhome, alone. It was quiet without the echo of Sylas' and Viator's voices, arguing in their sleep or bustling about the house. Ms. Himura came by from time to time, but it was always Kazuko, and Viator never came. It was lonely, and she wasn't used to being alone. Still, she had the entire house to herself, no small blessing with it's payments already covered, exempting her from having to worry about finding work, if only for a little longer. It was better than nothing, surely, but it wasn't the same.

So, instead, she took the streets when the moon took to the sky, wandering around the relative quiet. Street vendors swapped out, Chupa*Cabra's lights flashed brighter, and hustlers upped their gambling. It was somehow familiar to her, somehow more right, and certainly far more interesting. Few people came out at night, and even fewer spoke out, but it reminded her of the going's-on's post-show that she was always so fascinated with.

Slender fingers ran over the bricks of the alley-side building, her seemingly weightless, bare feet carrying her through the dim alley and to the market center, her free arm transformed into her onyx blade, floating loosely, the soul threads barely visible, blade and threads alike glowing faintly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2016, 10:58 am

For the first time in a very long time, Dexter was feeling... Free. There was no terrifying sorcerer looming over him, no half-alcoholic best friend, no... No problems, really. It was fantastic being able to enjoy the night air with a skip in his step and a not-so subtle smile on his face. Of course, he was still wearing dark sunglasses at night, but who pays attention to that stuff, right?

The night-life of the city had always been something Dexter had avoided, and with good reason. Fear, paranoia, and murderous witches and sorcerers lurked behind every corner. Who new which night could be his last? Sure as hell not him. But hey, let's forget about all that and enjoy the sights.

The teen's bare feet padded quietly through the market-place as he watched the vendors and salesmen pack up for the night, to be taken over by significantly more expensive night-markets.

God, it was good to be alive.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2016, 11:05 am

She withdrew a smartphone from the pocket of the circus style skirt around her hips, hiked up high at the sides of both thighs. Scrolling through her music with her normal hand, she spun the tip of her blade like a top, selecting a pepping song before bumping up the volume, pocketing it once more, and spinning about the alley. Pale blue and red flickered from her blade, reflecting off of her bare midriff, sparkling white top, and exposed arms. Humming to herself, she transformed her free arm into the sheath, sliding the blade inside before lengthening her soul threads and setting about using the weapon form as a spinning top base, traveling strangely into the market like a toy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2016, 11:17 am

If there was one thing Dexter wasn't planning on seeing that night... It was that. It was mesmerising to watch the girl spin, and dance, and seem to just lose herself. He hadn't even realised he'd frozen where he was standing for several moments, in a confused trance. Of course, he snapped out of it in seconds and quickly told himself, This is the exact reason you don't come out at night, Dexter. Stuff like this happens. Dexter took a few cautious steps closer, sighing in an effort to calm himself down.
"... E-Excuse me, uh, dancing girl...?" It may have been difficult to entirely realise him either way, the purple hoodie somewhat blending in with the dark background of the market and grim buildings.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2016, 11:21 am

He got lucky in his timing; the song ended just before he spoke. Removing the bladed hand from it's sheath, she pulled both weapon portions back, retracting the soul threads. As she pulled, they reformed into normalcy, and she pushed herself back onto her feet, the appendages making pitter-pat sounds as they became reacquainted with the pavement. Looking up, her head tilted, and she smiled, an ever-joyful gesture that seemed almost unnatural in it's brightness. "Ahhh, yes, you~?" Her voice bore the hint of a melody, but it seemed to mostly be from the cheer of it, her bright blue eyes staring back at him in wonder and curiosity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2016, 11:30 am

It was at this moment that Dexter realised he literally had no reason to stop her dancing, and he was starting to panic a bit. What was he supposed to say? The street-lights, and other lights that happened to be on the street that weren't necessarily street-lights, flickered and reflected in his black shades as he fidgeted uncomfortably where he stood. "Look, I just wanted to say uh, you're a really good dancer, right? But, is it really best to be doing it here, in uh, the middle of a market square...? Like, don't get me wrong, I'm not telling you you shouldn't! But, y'know, should you?" Dexter managed to stammer out. There was a few moments of silence before he flashed an awkward smile, revealing his somewhat sharpened teeth.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 16th 2016, 11:34 am

Her head tilted further, and she grinned at the site of his teeth, offering a hand out. "Hey, everyone could use a little crazy in their life, right?" A musical giggle erupted, breaking the grin for a moment, her eyes closing happily while the sound broke through, "I can handle myself well enough, if anyone decided to attack me." She flicked her free wrist, transforming her opposite arm into her glowing blade from the elbow down. "Weapon and all that I am."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2016, 2:51 am

"Why would, uh, why would anyone attack you? You're only a weapon..." Dexter hesitated, not entirely sure what he was getting himself into. "Well... A little crazy can be good sometimes, right? Maybe? I guess..." After all, 'a little crazy' is what stopped him from even going outside for an unhealthy amount of time. But what could go wrong this time? Slowly, Dexter breathed out, calming himself down before finally taking the girl's hand. Although he technically didn't have eyes, it took a moment before he worked up the courage to look into hers.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2016, 3:27 am

She caught the shine of his eyes, but barely gave it a thought, not realizing what exactly the light was reflecting off of, "Vanja," the weapon said, shaking his hand firmly yet gently. "Vanja Salomon, Onyx Katana." Her introduction was brief, it seeming unnecessary, even to her, to go into a terrible amount of detail.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2016, 5:45 am

The meister's grip was (unintentionally, of course) much tighter than it probably needed to be. "Uh, Dexter. Sable. Dexter Sable. Is my name." He swallowed hard, putting on a smile of fake confidence that he could only hope she couldn't see through. "Onyx is uh, pretty cool, yeah? Nice colour, pretty easily sharpened." Dexter cleared his throat awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2016, 11:52 am

She held out the blade of her other arm, allowing him to see the glowing surface. "You don't need to sharpen a Demon Weapon, Dex." Still, she was grinning, seeing through his facade but still immensely curious about the strange, seemingly quiet boy. "What brings you out so late?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2016, 1:59 am

Dexter stared down at the blade for a few moments. "Um... Right. Yeah, I know, just uh... wanted to share trivia. I guess. Ahem." Wow. Smooth. He would have to admit though, the blade itself, was just beautiful. The smooth, polished finish and strange glowing essence- What could he say? He's a sucker for aesthetics. "I'm just, uh, enjoying a free night, y'know? Good to go for a walk every now and then. What brings you out here?"
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2016, 9:31 am

"Too quiet," she said simply, tilting her head the opposite way, watching him for a moment before looking upwards at the strange moon. "There's comfort in company." A sudden smirk appeared, and she leaned towards him, face close to his, not paying much attention to the details, though finally starting to notice his eyes, "Want some?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2016, 10:21 am

Dexter recoiled a bit, growing more nervous and uncomfortable the closer she got to him. He forced himself to look away from her, not giving direct eye contact. "I uh, I would... Uh, some company would be pretty cool, I guess. I'd appreciate it. I mean, I'm not telling you you have to or anything, but uh, I'd be pretty grateful, yeah?" Even the meister had to admit, he wasn't exactly the best talker.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2016, 3:25 pm

There was a pause, a sudden silence from the girl before she did a loop, wrapping one arm around his waist as she stood beside him. "Then company it is!" Her eyes shown, the strange blue sparkling in the moonlight, nearly matching the glow of her weapon arm by this point. "What're your plans?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2016, 8:32 am

As the girl wrapped her arm around him, he couldn't help but correct his posture a bit. Dexter was so caught up in trying to hide the literal rocks that came out of his face, he almost didn't notice the other girl's eyes. His mouth hung open as he looked, pretty clearly staring. "I, uh... I didn't really have any plans. I just wanted to uh, walk for a bit... I'm sorry, but has anyone told you your eyes are like, really cool? Because... Because wow."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2016, 11:48 am

She grinned at this, the barest hint of a blush gracing her cheeks for but a moment. "Not much, actually, but thanks!" The expression remained on her face, an extra pep to her general being. Nodding towards the night vendors, she cocked a brow. "Care to explore?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2016, 9:07 pm

"I-I would, I would love to!" Dexter had said, a wide smile growing on his face. Worried that he sounded a little desperate, he added, "If uh, if you want me to, of course." Followed by an awkward throat-clear. Now, he couldn't necessarily show it, but he was absolutely ecstatic to make another friend that he didn't feel like was going to murder him in his sleep. For once, someone he met was mentally stable!

... Probably.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2016, 6:24 am

Stable was certainly not the proper word to use, though she had a good enough grip on herself, most times, for it to not be a terrible issue... Most times. The bigger issue, honestly, came when she had her Haze. Then, things could get rather insane.

Still, she was happy to have someone to lead and follow around. Certainly, companionship on a lonely, quiet night was nothing to turn down when everything was so peaceful. Smiling, she nodded, beaming up at him. "Let's check out the booths then, yeah? "

Ooc:
Any particular plot or anything you want to try for this thread?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2016, 10:44 am

((OOC: Oh, damn, I didn't actually have anything in mind, probably should've though. I'm not the best planner. What about you?))

Dexter hesitated for a moment, before nodding a few times, giving a curt smile. "Oh, yeah, yeah, right. The booths. I'd love to!" Dexter was about to start walking and leading the other through the marketplace, until he remembered what had happened the last time he was in a place like this, and how terrible his impulse control still was. "... Actually, uh, maybe you should lead the way. I have a terrible habit of... Getting lost. Yeah. Terrible sense of direction." The meister lied.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2016, 3:45 pm

She raised a brow, tilting her head as she looked at him, blinking. "Yeah, that works." Saying nothing further, she tugged him along, humming to herself as she lead him to the nearest booth, a vendor selling old trinkets and family heirlooms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)   Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Night Walks & Night Lights (Spyder & I; Rating pending??)
Page 1 of 1