Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A late dinner in Chicago [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2017, 2:49 pm

Of course, it wasn't Riel's fault that he found himself in such position. He was just a child that had his childhood taken away from him by his sad history. Obviously, Keith didn't know about his past, but he assumed it was as, if not more tragic, than his. "Yes, indeed, clean is healthy." The vampire confirmed with a nod. He was trying to figure out a way to speak that Riel would easily understand. A difficult task it was indeed. "Well... yes, new is clean... kind of... Also, having more things to wear prevents you from wearing the same clothes all the time, so it gives you clean dirty clothes." The kishin egg explained slowly.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2017, 5:50 pm

Riel nodded, grasping the concept with relative ease not that the basics were being laid. "Can you show me how to clean them?" He asked the man with genuine interest. He'd figured out how to use the shampoo by, albeit slowly, reading the bottles and applying what he did know of cleaning to the situation. Clothes didn't seem like they'd be much further of a stress, all in the end.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2017, 10:59 am

"Yeah, I'll show you how to do the laundry next time we'll be doing it, okay?" Keith said nodding before he walked over to the door. "For now, I think we should get you something to eat for breakfast..." The vampire said. The motel had a small restaurant in the building, so Keith planned to have Riel eat a proper meal instead of unhealthy fast food!
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 1st 2018, 9:26 am

Riel nodded slowly, concerned about the sunlight for the man but not addressing him; he assumed that Keith would have a better idea of his own limitations than the weapon, himself, would. The young boy gave him a gentle nod, looking around for his mask hesitantly. To blend in, he'd need to have it off, but his hands opened and closed repeatedly, grasping at something that wasn't there. In silence, he pulled away one of the pillow cases, squeezing one end by his side while holding the other end against his lips.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 6th 2018, 5:58 pm

Keith stopped for a moment and looked at Riel. At first, he was surprised by his actions, but then he understood- without his mask the boy probably felt weird. The vampire closed his eyes for a second to think. Then he remembered something. He put his hand into the pocket of his coat and pulled out a red bandana. "Hm...I guess that a young person with a bandana will look less suspicious than a person with a gas mask covering their face" The kishin egg commented as he handed the bandana to the dark weapon.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2018, 8:43 am

Riel, having no concept of what the thing was, merely stared at it for a moment at first. Eventually, he took it, spending several minutes trying to figure out how to fold it and then how to tie it. The knot wasn't perfect, mainly because he wanted it tight enough to get the same feel as his mask with causing him pain, but he got it and looked up at the man, smiling. He seemed satisfied. "T'anks."
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2018, 12:16 pm

"No problem. Let's go." The vampire said briefly as he opened the door of their room and stepped outside. The sunlight immediately hit his face, but the vampire didn't seem concerned about that fact. Well, it was blindingly bright for him, sure. It was hurting his eyes, sure. However, it was all that happened. "I sometimes wish I weren't a vampire... The sun is so bright... So annoying..." Keith commented quietly before he turned to face Riel.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2018, 8:03 am

The boy was watching him with a sort of curiosity and wonder, watching as the man acclimated to the daylight. It seemed surprising to him. Riel didn't know much about vampires, but he had expected the man to catch fire or something. Seeing that he didn't brought a sense of relief to him. He did not, however, respond to the man's words, instead merely waiting to be given direction.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2018, 4:36 pm

Well, Keith was lucky to be one of those vampires who are resistant to the sunlight. In reality, the sun shouldn't be able to hurt most of the vampires, but humans for some reason believe otherwise. The kishin egg led his young partner into the motel's cafeteria/restaurant. Inside there was only one person, a lady behind the counter. Keith sat a table that was far away from the windows, to not hurt his eyes to much and waited for Riel to take a seat too.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2018, 5:04 pm

Riel followed where his newfound guardian led him, silent and seeming nervous. In silence, he nibbled at the cloth in front of his face, unsure of what to do.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2018, 8:49 am

The vampire pointed his hand at a seat in front of him, across the table to give Riel a sign to sit down. The kishin egg seemed rather... relaxed. The man looked at the lady behind a counter and frowned for a second. When that lady looked at the vampire, his face changed- all of his grim aura almost completely disappeared. They needn't look suspicious, that's why Keith knew he had to act like a father on a trip with his son. He put on an invisible mask (not literally), to hide his true emotions. "So, is there anything you'd like to eat for breakfast? Like eggs and bacon, for example?" The kishin egg asked calmly.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2018, 8:59 am

He shifted a bit where he sat, unsure of what their options were. Having been on his own for a while, and been the odd-one-out before that, Riel was not used to choices. If it offered him enough nutrition to get by then he had never cared. The memories of the various things he'd been forced to consume were enough to make his stomach turn over again, so he pushed them away. "I dun' know." Riel answered honestly before getting up hesitantly and going to look at the options. Meat was a familiar smell, though he was more used to seeing it raw. It was a welcome change to see it cooked. The small boy came across the eggs and smiled fondly behind the little makeshift mask he had, remembering when his siblings would cook for him. It was a nice memory, however bad everything else was. He blinked back tears before they could form before looking at the cereal options curiously. Some of them were colorful, and he'd not seen such things before. Plate... you need a plate. He told himself, looking around before finding a styrofoam one and setting about trying to decide what he wanted.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2018, 10:20 am

Keith watched the boy in silence and couldn't help but smile at how uncertain the boy seemed. However, it seemed like the longer he was thinking about his breakfast the more ideas he had. The vampire noticed that Riel seemed to be thinking about something- about his part perhaps? If he didn't know the truth about the boy's soul and nature, he'd even say that he was one of the most adorable children he's ever seen. Keith closed his eyes, getting lost in his thoughts. Once again he was thinking about his son. And each time he was trying to bring out the good memories of his family, his brain would immediately show them the memories of their deaths. The vampire stood up and trying to distract himself from thinking, he started walking around the room in silence. In the end, he approached Riel and started staring at the so-called "Swedish table". So many delicious things to eat. Too bad Keith couldn't enjoy the food like humans can. He sighed quietly. "I've always wondered how scrambled eggs taste like" The kishin egg commented quietly.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeJanuary 26th 2018, 11:34 am

Riel looked up at him with his big, green eyes, his brows furrowing for a moment before he made the connection. It hadn't really occurred to him that Keith couldn't eat, or else taste normal food. Having been a butcher's son, he idly wondered if more raw meats, like steak, would provide anything for the man. Of course, he'd not tried anything but cheap cuts and ground meats, himself, as far as that was concerned. "They mo'tly taste lyk wha'e'er is wit' dem." His brows furrowed once more, his expression a combination of frustration and focus as he repeated the words, with a little more clarity, trying to eliminate the laziness of them. He'd not quite learned to speak properly, though he understood proper pronunciation with relative ease. The little weapon had just never felt the need to correct it, as he rarely spoke, regardless.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2018, 2:37 pm

The vampire nodded, finding the explanation satisfying. "Hm... Alright..." He muttered quietly. Keith knew that he should start teaching Riel how to speak properly at some point, but luckily the boy was quickly learning too. "So, have you found anything you'd like to eat?" The kishin egg asked, smiling slightly at the boy. Obviously, he'd help him decide if he wanted to (despite not knowing the taste of human food and Riel's preferences). Actually, he came to a conclusion that he would probably help the boy with anything he needed help with- oh the wonders of parental instincts.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2018, 1:57 pm

Riel offered him a shrug, looking around at the options before setting little bits of various things on the plate: sausage, eggs, bread --- not knowing that it was for toast --- bits of various cereals, a banana, an apple, a hard-boiled egg... By the end of it, the plate was full, but with very small measures of everything available. Thankfully, he'd not put a cup of raw waffle mix on it, instead shying away from the section altogether. Apparently, he didn't trust it. He still hadn't discovered toast, and hadn't realized the need for a spoon with yogurt. At least, however, he knew how milk cartons worked.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2018, 1:48 pm

Keith watched Riel as he filled his plate with various things. The vampire decided to just... put two eggs on his own plate (to not raise suspicions). When he noticed that boy probably wasn't planning to put his toast bread into a toaster, he shook his head slightly and also put a few slices of bread on his plate and soon after that he put those slices of bread into a toaster. He was going to help Riel discover toast!
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2018, 2:13 pm

Riel tilted his head when he noticed what the vampire did with the bread. Walking over, he leaned over the toaster to look in, clearly confused but having to go on his tiptoes to do it. The weapon was still small for his age.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2018, 3:02 pm

Suddenly the bread just jumped out of the toaster. Keith looked at the boy with a smirk and then pulled the slices of bread out of the machine using two forks. It turned darker and crispy "Apparently this should be better than just simple, cold slices of bread." The vampire explained before he gently placed hot toasts on Riel's plate. "Oh and also..." Keith pointed at a basket filled with knives, spoons and forks. "You should eat your yoghurt using a spoon."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2018, 3:40 pm

Riel looked at the toast and then at the basket, seeming to connect the dots, though he still didn't quite understand. Nodding, he went over, setting a spoon on his plate before heading back to their table. He had a pile of things, now, but he seemed most eager to just dive straight into the milk carton.
Back to top Go down
[RACKIE]
Admin
Admin
[RACKIE]

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2018, 7:16 pm

Keith felt a weird feeling of satisfaction when he saw that Riel's plate was full of things. The kid would finally eat something proper. With a slight smile, the vampire sat at a table, with two boiled eggs on his plate... Well... he wanted it to look like a normal breakfast, but... perhaps just two eggs weren't enough?
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 16th 2018, 10:08 am

Riel looked at him curiously when he saw the limited amount of food, more as a sort of act than out of actual curiosity. Thankfully, the place was still so empty that no one really looked at them. Perhaps they'd just assume that he'd already eaten? That would have come across seeming more truthful if Riel's plate wasn't so full; they couldn't even claim it was because the boy was a picky eater. Nonetheless, the young weapon set about clearing his plate, eating the little bits of cereal without bothering with the milk --- he actually didn't know that was how cereal was to be eaten, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A late dinner in Chicago [Open]   A late dinner in Chicago [Open] - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A late dinner in Chicago [Open]
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6