Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The bird and the bat (Amelia)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The bird and the bat (Amelia) Empty
PostSubject: The bird and the bat (Amelia)   The bird and the bat (Amelia) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2013, 11:44 am

The sky rained heavily upon the pavement.  It was a depressing day. Where had the sun gone?  Above her, clouds stared menacingly and seemed to mock at her attempts to cheer up. It had been three years since that horrible day and yet, it still hurt.  He wasn't dead, but to see him in the arms of another lover... It killed her.  At the same time she was happy that he was happy, however- she just didn't want to believe it was over.

Water poured heavier from above upon her dress.  From even her headdress was more rain that dripped into her hair and down her face.  She didn't seem like she was crying, but at the same time the water streaked her cheeks.  "Oh well," she cooed to herself.  The world wanted to hate this day too, then she was okay with this.  Her hips sashayed as she walked.  A small cafe came into view.  It would have to do.  She walked in to dark and depressing as the people tried to stay out of the warmth.

Hm.. it seems as if everyone is in the dumps today.  Her mind wandered over the various people who shot her glares.  She managed a soft smile in turn.  

"Who the hell are you?  Some sort of royalty?  What's up with that dumb get-up?"  A man bellowed and the table he was at erupted in laughter.  However, in their souls was the similar sadness.  She ignored them and found a table.  The waiter came up and asked her order- obviously the best response was herbal tea.  She'd have to warm up or she'd get sick.  A soft hum started to resonate through the air.  A peaceful hum, like that of a birdsong.  

As her tea was placed before her, she nodded at him.  "Thank you."  

Warmth.  It felt so good on her lips after a long day.  Delicious flavored tea both bitter and sweet mingled upon her tongue.  It was delightful to her.  "Perfect," she sighed in relief.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The bird and the bat (Amelia)   The bird and the bat (Amelia) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2013, 12:02 pm

Amelia was having a quite dull day, only accentuated by the stenchy downpour and the depressing people around. Their blood was generally tasteless, and their smell was unappealing. So she was frowning as she trudged along, getting drenched by the rain. Deciding that it was about time to find some shelter, Amelia looked around at available buildings and spotted a small cafe hidden along some other buildings. She walked in with a sigh.

She sat at a table and waited for a waiter, who approached her. "Awww, where are your parents young one?" He asked. Amelia got a somewhat fierce look in her eyes. "I am no YOUNG ONE. Now fetch me a parfait, wretch." She said, scowling. Normally, no, she didn't talk like this, but that man seriously set her off with that young stuff. The man scampered off and returned with Amelia's snack, which she took gratefully and began to eat.

Looking off to the side, Amelia noticed another woman off to the side, sitting and drinking tea. Amelia stood, and walked over to her and without missing a beat, she sniffed the girl's neck, then licked it lightly. "That is a pleasing taste and smell. You're a Witch, aren't you?" She said the last part lightly, sitting across from her without invitation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The bird and the bat (Amelia)   The bird and the bat (Amelia) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2013, 12:14 pm

Honestly Rie was surprised when suddenly there was cold on her skin. Someone was breathing down her neck, quite literally. The brown-haired woman blinked once, then twice and looked over. Well Hello there. She had wanted to speak, but the other one was already speaking and that would have just been plain rude!

She sniffed her out as a witch, which was really honestly true. She WAS a witch, but that didn't mean she was going to admit it so willy-nilly in front of people. That would be just plain stupid! It'd be a recipe for disaster, however her nerves betrayed her a bit. She was more surprised than anything that someone would so easily figure that out.

"Well, that depends on why you're asking. I have quite the garden with herbs if that's what you mean," she stated. Rie didn't want to lie, but this was kind of a bad place to talk about witches. In Death City, they were killed rather quickly and Rie was no fighter. "And I might have a broomstick or two." It was sort of dodging around the question, but if this girl across from her was someone she could trust, she'd still be alive come a few more seconds. "Does it take one to know one?" she mused with a gentle smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The bird and the bat (Amelia)   The bird and the bat (Amelia) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2013, 12:31 pm

Amelia listened to her speech calmly, lifting a spoonful of parfait into her mouth and swallowing before countering. "A garden, eh? That explains the sort of perfume smell I get from you. Interesting." When the woman said "Does it take one to know one?" Amelia smiled. "Yes, yes it does." She shoveled another spoonful of the sweet snack into her mouth.

"It can be quite lonely around here, what with this being a somewhat racist setting. I do know a few other warlocks and witches that reside here in Death City and nearby, one of which I am rather close to, but it still sucks when there's no one to talk to, y'know?" Amelia said, swallowing a mouthful of parfait.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The bird and the bat (Amelia)   The bird and the bat (Amelia) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2013, 12:56 pm

Her question was answered with a yes. That meant the woman across from her was a witch, herself. Silently, Rie sighed in relief. That meant she didn't have to worry as much about being killed on the spot. Not that there were zero worries, because some witches still killed each other, but this one seemed less likely to do so. She was just eating a parfait from across the table. Interesting.. Not unpleasant though.

Rie smiled and let out a simple chuckle; light and carefree. There was no obvious fear, but more a pleasantry with company. "Yes. It isn't very welcoming to our kind, I can see.. however." She paused and sipped her tea. The smile upon her face didn't fade.

"It's the people like you that makes us feel welcome. Thank you for being a friendly face." She reached out her hand. "I'm Nam Rie. It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss..?" She hung on the words to ask her name without seeming outright rude or demanding. This young woman had gone out of her way to sniff her out, so she supposed she had to be a friend at least- which was good. She always needed more friends. In fact, she hadn't had anyone around since Lin. Her heart sank at the memory, but she'd be okay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The bird and the bat (Amelia)   The bird and the bat (Amelia) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2013, 9:15 pm

"Ah." Amelia set down her parfait lightly and swallowed the remainder of the last spoonful. She shootk Rie's hand. "Amelia Roscoe. Nice to meet you." Amelia smiled her somewhat crooked but sweet smile. "Ah, well, not many consider me very welcoming. A lot consider me creepy or odd, and, well, yeah, I am." She shrugged. "But, y'know, thanks anyway."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The bird and the bat (Amelia)   The bird and the bat (Amelia) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2013, 10:33 pm

The girl across the table set down her food. Not a second later a hand was in hers and shaking wildly. Rie was quite surprised by the enthusiasm, but accepted it nonetheless. A handshake.. she hadn't had one of those in a long time. It was quite welcome, but unexpected to say the least. Energetic, this one was.

Rie waved her hand in a dismissive manner. "Oh I understand that well." Her voice slid into a laugh with a smile ear to ear in its wake. "You are far from creepy, I'd say." Her shoulders shifted into a shrug. Honestly, just because someone sniffs necks did not make them weird. Or if it did, Rie had no idea of what weird was. That was likely though, because Rie was in no sense normal, herself. "Nam Rie Bao. Nice to meet you, Miss Amelia Roscoe."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The bird and the bat (Amelia)   The bird and the bat (Amelia) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2013, 10:36 pm

"I already know your name, silly. You just said it." Amelia giggled. "You seem to be a bit forgetful. Kehehehehe." She picked up her snack and began to slowly eat it once again. "So, tell me, are you from around here? I mean, I'm from England, and I assume you're not from around here because well.." She motioned to Rie's clothing, and general appearance.
She didn't look like she was from Death City, quite honestly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The bird and the bat (Amelia)   The bird and the bat (Amelia) I_icon_minitimeSeptember 13th 2013, 11:06 pm

"That obvious, huh?" Rie laughed at both the statement about her horrible memory and the garb she wore. It must have been her age getting to her (What? She was barely over 23!) Another sip of tea was delightful on her lips as she exhaled. Yes. She did love her tea. It reminded her of home and the herbal remedies she used to take. Home... Was there such a thing anymore? She'd gotten away to see him, but he still didn't want her. He was happy and now she was just regretting the decision. She'd never interfere, even though she could and at times she really wanted to.

"You are correct, it seems." She paused to put the cup down delicately. "I am actually from China." The thought of being so far from home was strange and made her wonder when she got so far away, it still wasn't that irksome, by some miracle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bird and the bat (Amelia)   The bird and the bat (Amelia) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The bird and the bat (Amelia)
Page 1 of 1