Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is there an active members page?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Is there an active members page? Empty
PostSubject: Is there an active members page?   Is there an active members page? I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2013, 10:36 pm

I see tons of individual profiles, but they don't seem organized to distinguish which ones are actually active, accepted members. That would myself (as well as I'm sure others) figure out if they want to be a weapon or meister.

Also, I'm new! Huzzah!
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Is there an active members page?   Is there an active members page? I_icon_minitimeJune 3rd 2013, 10:47 pm

Hi there new member buddy! I have no real power on this website and I don't know the answer to your question but its nice to meet you!
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Is there an active members page?   Is there an active members page? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 4:39 am

Eh... I'll work on a in-need-of-weapon/meister page. As for active members? If you go to the thing at the top, next to log out, home, calendar faq, and such. You'll find a button that says member list. Click on that and voila, every stalkerish thing you need to know about the other members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there an active members page?   Is there an active members page? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 9:12 am

ace987654321a wrote:
Eh... I'll work on a in-need-of-weapon/meister page. As for active members? If you go to the thing at the top, next to log out, home, calendar faq, and such. You'll find a button that says member list. Click on that and voila, every stalkerish thing you need to know about the other members.

I mean more of an Accepted/Active Character Page. That way I/we can see exactly what characters are accepted and actively being played at the moment. Or is every character (meister, weapon, etc) that is created automatically accepted? I'm not too interested in being the stalkerish type lulz. The "In need of a..." page is a good idea too though.
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is there an active members page?   Is there an active members page? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 10:53 am

STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME WORK!!!! *runs away crying*

Ok, now, for reals. The amount of work that would be needed to make that page is ridiculous. You guys can't see the admin panel, but its like its in korean, and I have to translate it into dutch before I can translate it into english. As much as I would love to have something like that, setting it up would be tenemount to rocket science....
Back to top Go down
https://souleaterrp.forumotion.com
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Is there an active members page?   Is there an active members page? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 11:02 am

My older sis used to be admin on a sight she feels your pain...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there an active members page?   Is there an active members page? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 11:43 am

Yeah, I actually used the same host as what you guys are using now. It took a while to get the hang of it, but approaching my second year as admin, I really got the hang of it. It's a lot easier than using straight HTML/C++. I spent an entire year just learning code.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there an active members page?   Is there an active members page? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 11:50 am

I've never ran a site before, so feel free to rage on me if the following is not doable (although I have been on sites that have been run in the following way). I assume they make site creation somewhat like putting a puzzle together instead of straight coding it from scratch.

You have your main page.

On your main page, you have your section of creation forums, each of which includes a topic containing the blank character sheet for that type of character. (Its assumed that people will post a topic containing their filled out sheet in this same forum to avoid confusion).

This is how I see it now. The problem is that a passerby or visitor will not know which of these characters in these forums are actually RPing at the moment or even accepted for that matter. That's why I propose simply adding another forum (probably in the General Information section of the main page) titled "Active Characters". Within this forum, you could add sub-forums, one for each type of character. Then within those sub-forums you would put the characters who have been accepted. You could even cut the character sheet from the Creations forum and plop into the appropriate sub-forum. That way everything is neat and tidy and you won't have your finished characters mixed in with unfinished ones..

I'm not OCD. Not in the slightest. TURN THE TOILET PAPER BACKWARDS DAMMIT!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there an active members page?   Is there an active members page? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 11:56 am

First off, everyone knows the toilet paper goes over the top. Get it right

Secondly, you're right in a lot of respects. They do have the main site builder page set up so that if you have a bit of experience coding in HTML, it's not too difficult. And the interface is relatively simple to get used to. But, if you don't know anything about code and what-goes-where, it becomes akin to brain surgery in the back of a pickup truck. If I didn't screw everything up so badly so many times in the past, I'd be nowhere near as good at it as I am now. I've built websites, forums, blogs.... And forums always get the most complicated. And this is still the easiest site builder I've came across for forum building in my many years on the Internet.

For those curious, who were confused for a moment, yes, Sovuru is my younger brother. And I built my first crappy little site at age 12 with my dad. So I've been doing this for a while. (I'm almost 20 now.)
Back to top Go down
SERP Admin
Admin
Admin
SERP Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is there an active members page?   Is there an active members page? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 1:34 pm

Ok, well coding is not my thing. I'm better suited to administering the site rather than adding new features. Ergo, the best I can do is a sticky thread in the meister and weapon tabs for people in need of partners....
Back to top Go down
https://souleaterrp.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Is there an active members page?   Is there an active members page? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 1:48 pm

You could always just make a "Help wanted" thread for people to more or less advertise help needed with various things. Either something like a roommate for their character or weapons needing miesters and vice versa. Then they could edit the post with a POSITION FILLED tag at the end.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Is there an active members page?   Is there an active members page? I_icon_minitimeJune 4th 2013, 4:09 pm

And as for accepted characters? All characters are accepted, then if Oblivion or a moderator have a problem with the character we'll just tell them. We aren't the strictest site as you can see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there an active members page?   Is there an active members page? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there an active members page?
Page 1 of 1