Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Newb questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Newb questions Empty
PostSubject: Newb questions   Newb questions I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2014, 9:20 pm

I just have a couple of questions before I go ahead and create a character since the answers to this will have some influence over which character idea I go with and what I include in their character sheet.

1. How combat orientated are RPs on this site in general?

2. Since this takes place 15 years after the show ended, in general are people RPing like the the technology in the world is more or less on par with our own, or is it a bit futuristic with people running around in self driving cars and what not?

3. I know this site draws a lot from the expanded Soul Eater universe outside of events that take place in the Manga but not the Anime - is there anything else that has been explicitly excluded that I should know about? Perhaps the site ignores the NOT and EAT class distinctions as not every Soul Eater fan is also familiar with Soul Eater NOT (I suspect that is the case with this particular thing, but I do wonder if there's anything else like this).

4. Are autonomous weapons like Justin Law and Giriko allowed?
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

Newb questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb questions   Newb questions I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2014, 9:59 pm

1. It depends on where you are. Technically, a fight can break out anywhere, but a lot of people favor keeping fight RPs to cities or missions and RPing daily life at DWMA.

2. From what I have seen, we have been treating it like it takes place in modern-day; we don't ACTUALLY know when the Anime and Manga take place, especially since they have a motorcycle but there's also Jack the Ripper.

3. No, actually, we include both NOT and EAT on this site :) everything that is currently excluded has been included on the introduction.

4. They are, but they require administrative approval. Typically, we don't allow people to have such unless we sincerely trust their writing skills, and even then, it's limited. My Gabriel, for example, is fully autonomous, but none of my others are fully auto.

Also --- Welcome to the site! I'm Lani :)
Back to top Go down

Newb questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb questions   Newb questions I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2014, 10:43 pm

1. It depends on who shows up in the thread but it's always a good idea to be somewhat capable of self-defense

2. The technology is generally what would be possible in modern-times, but I can think of a good 2-3 characters off the top of my head that are along the lines of being robotic with artificial intellegence. So some futuristic elements aren't unheard of as long as you don't go overboard.

3. I've never seen Not....... As soon as I saw Maka's wierd Baby Face syndrome, I just decided to stay away from it :/

4. You're not goint to be able to have as much control as Giriko or Justin Law starting out as a normal weapon. But, keep in mind, it's always a good idea to have some form of partial transformation (like Soul's arm-blade) because it could take a little while before finding a partner for your weapon. Also, just for reference, Death Scythes and Demon Blades would be a bit better at acting autonomously than a normal weapon would from their experience in combat.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

Newb questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb questions   Newb questions I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2014, 11:39 pm

3 (@Deth): There are NOT (non-combative) and EAT (combative) students & classes is what those refer to
Back to top Go down

Newb questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb questions   Newb questions I_icon_minitimeJune 11th 2014, 11:52 pm

Thanks for answering these questions - this does help me narrow it down a bit. I'll probably post an app sometime in the next few days.

Do you know if the robotic characters are openly robotic or secretly robotic? One of my characters that I'm considering using is a bit of a techie and I want to make sure he isn't either behind the curve or way ahead of everyone else technology wise.

Since Not is more of a slice of life show, it makes sense to me that it doesn't appeal to everyone who loved Soul Eater which is much more action orientated.
Back to top Go down

Newb questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb questions   Newb questions I_icon_minitimeJune 12th 2014, 12:07 am

It kind-of depends on the character. Usually it's not really a huge deal to people, probably because they're used to seeing MUCH crazier stuff with Kishin Eggs eating people and everything. But the machines tend to be at least aware of what they are and with a few restrictions depending on how they're formed. I remember one robotic character had the soul of a dead weapon in the middle of it and I think I remember someone managing to make a 'soul' out of data or something? It's not super common knolage so I'm not going to say there's much of a limit on how it works as long as their tech makes some level of sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newb questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newb questions   Newb questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newb questions
Page 1 of 1