Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2013, 4:18 am

I'm busy this weekend, but afterwards I fully intend to actually start playing here. I've been casually lurking for a decent while now. In this time, there are still a couple things I haven't managed to figure out.

When is this? I mean in relation to the series, as the setting's everything is radically different from reality's.

Would more player villains be desirable? When I was browsing the "other" section, I remember most of the things I expected to be villains actually being good guys. This brought on a confusion about the presence of evil characters.

Are there any global or major plots going on at the moment? I just saw a bunch of individual/group things.

No need to rush. Got a whole weekend before I can act on this info.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2013, 12:46 am

Well oblivion said this was about 6-7 years after the death of asura.
There is a larger plot going on right now, but beyril is the one to talk too about that.
As for your other questions I don't know. I'm not anybody important around here.
Back to top Go down

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2013, 10:57 am

I've been working on a big plot, yes, however until Ace is back, it can't really progress a whole lot. I've created a kishin named Saca who sort of presides over knowledge the same way Asura presided over madness. We are planning on using this mini-plot to bring back Asura. Which we'll be able to do all kinds of fun stuff with. So yes, plot stuff is happening. I'm writing out a "story so far" thingie to explain what all's happened so far for people such as yourself.
Any villains to side with Saca would be fun, yes, as the ones right now are acting with Saca, but only because they want to revive Asura, not because they have any real loyalty to him.
And yes, it's roughly 7 years after the series' events took place.
Back to top Go down

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 5th 2013, 10:57 am

Any further questions, feel free to ask me. I'm an open book!
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2013, 7:51 pm

More evil characters will always be welcomed. :3
Back to top Go down
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2013, 4:04 pm

Hey I have a question why aren't the creators of the site playing the actual anime charecters?? That woul be awesome
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 11th 2013, 5:16 pm

They do, they just don't do it very often.
Back to top Go down

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2013, 4:32 pm

How would the kishin eggs in the community feel and or react about a somewhat cannibalistic kishin egg.

Edit: Diet consists of witches, humans, monsters, talking animals with vast magical abilities, kishin, etc.. It is disturbing I know.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2013, 4:42 pm

Well Nebun will eat just about anything body and soul, people say he's disturbing to but that's why I like him
Back to top Go down

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2013, 5:05 pm

I'm not exactly sure Nebun is a kishin at all. In fact it is a dark weapon by the looks of it he's just a dark weapon psychopath with black blood and a tendency of violence and murder. Even if it was a kishin egg, the character template there is dark weapon, not kishin egg even without the added in depth character code that beyril had written out.

Even so would that be nebun would either try to eat the cannibal kishin egg I have in mind while he sleeps?
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2013, 5:14 pm

I know he's not technically a kishin egg, but a dark weapon is basically the same thing only he's a weapon. Generally Nebun eats whoever is near bye with the exception of his sister, people he needs for something, and saiko.
Back to top Go down

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2013, 4:14 am

Almost forgot to ask, why are some of the characters here so under-developed? It'd be nice to have someone here with a more than developed character sheet set up, not to mention how some things are so under-written, entrances to a roleplay are shoddy at best from what I've seen. Its just one sentence of a dull explanation of what the place is. I do hope there are some users here that have the ability to disperse several paragraphs or a 'Wall of text'.

Edit: It'd be really nice to see some users here with a lengthy roleplay going on rather than just one sentence, are there any users like that here?
Back to top Go down

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2013, 4:21 am

Because that's how forum RPs work usually.  There are several players on here who I've noticed are plenty capable of walls of text.  At the same time, such is usually unnecessary within quick actions in combat and in conversations.  In theory, if you want a more in depth explanation of a place, you could do it yourself and tell someone to use it. They don't have to use it, and I certainly won't speak for them, but it's a possible course of action.

Last edited by []M^ on July 14th 2013, 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2013, 4:23 am

Thank you for the polite response and explanation. That will be the last question I needed to ask for quite some time, have a cheery evening and or morning. I suppose I shall get started on the detailed places then.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2013, 10:36 am

It should also be noted that my older sister beyril noticed the lack of development and created a section called writing/character development. Unfortunately only me and a few others ever use it. Those who have used it tend to have much better characters though.
Back to top Go down

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2013, 11:39 am

I've seen that, I enjoy the character nebun you have.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2013, 12:27 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2013, 12:31 pm

I have a question why aren't the administrators and
Creators of this forum playing the actual characters
Off the anime (and manga)??? It would be cool
To fight death the Kidd or maybe BLACKSTAR once or awhile
(I'm not at the end of the manga OR the anime so no spoilers please)
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 14th 2013, 12:35 pm

They do play them, just not very often. They are usually around for plot line related stuff. Dr.stein shows up relatively often to, he runs the infirmary. Death is naturally in the death room as well. They do a great job to.
Back to top Go down
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2013, 2:13 am

Another question is there a way to delete old threads......
(Not the MYSTERIOUS NEW STUDENTS:redo ONE) but everything else
And can you rename threads?
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2013, 2:18 am

I think you can rename them in the edit mode, but I don't think anyone but the admins can delete one
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2013, 2:25 am

Sovuru-kun would be correct.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeJuly 18th 2013, 2:30 am

Yay!

\•/
I
/\

It's a little man!
Back to top Go down

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 6:50 pm

Erm, I have to ask, how do kishin eggs go around obtaining souls? I just checked out the missions section, and added something there, but how do Kishin eggs, AKA de evil counterparts, get souls? Do they just commit acts of murder in any old thread, do they have to kill other named characters, or is them getting souls something the admins decide?

New to forum RPing, so my knowledge of how its done is limited. I usually RP in chat sites with a DM and a large group, so please excuse me if I make any screw ups.
Back to top Go down

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2014, 7:01 pm

That's fine. In my oppinion, being used to a DM probably would help you make a mission more enjoyable because it's mainly characters reacting to what the person who made the mission sets up until the Kishin Egg appears, then it typically just becomes a straightforward fight.

Anyways, on this site Kishin Eggs can just kill NPCs in any thread to gain sould but it's heavilly advised that you make your own thread to do it because otherwise, chances are a weapon or meister will try to stop you and they're much more difficult to defeat since they're player characters. Also, normally, the cap is at around 5 people per post, but the murders have to actually make sense and not be something like "he swings his sword once and 5 people instantly die". Hope that makes sense.

ALSO! Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions   Questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next