Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) Empty
PostSubject: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJune 16th 2014, 11:07 pm

Their previous arena had finally been mended from the immense damage that the two boys caused. The walls before were broken and splintered in several circular formations patterning the wall on one side and on the other foot prints and dirt smeared along a portion of it and floor was lined with several cut and scratches deeper in most places than others and the entire room was enduring the stench of sweat you felt like you could drown in it. But now all of that was gone, but it wouldn't be long before it yet again bore the same scars.

Martyn sat patiently on the floor, meditating in place with many thoughts on his mind. He felt like he understood the premise of their last fight. Ace was hoping he had found someone similar to him, someone he could trust to be as loyal to him as a possible Meister, or perhaps he was entirely wrong. Whatever the case, he wanted to know Ace more, because he was right. They were similar, and they might need each other someday. There's one sure fire way to learn something about a person is to engage each other in combat, because sometimes things are easier to say in anger than in trust. All that in consideration he had sent Ace Toromaki a summons as to accommodate this affair, and told him to bring with him whomever he pleased, but surely Ace's friends wouldn't be the only to show up. Early this morning Martyn strode about the halls with the same proud look in his eyes that he presented himself with the first time, that same determination.

Besides that, he couldn't allow his previous acts to be the only statement, as he does have to admit that even if only during the beginning he did hold back, not give his all to the fight and he felt like Ace deserved better than that. So he waited his soul big enough to swallow almost half the room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJune 18th 2014, 10:16 pm

Jack walked into the room over to Martyn and put his hand on the boy's shoulder. "Hello, Martyn. I heard you and Ace were having a rematch, and I wantedto see you in combat." He pulled up a chair and sat in it next to Martyn. "You can come in Monday, we're having a couple new students start next week at the dojo."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJune 19th 2014, 11:56 am

Laura sat in a lawn chair near them eating popcorn. "I can't wait to see how this unfolds" she said with a smile. But in her head she said "ace gon beat his ass"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2014, 11:03 pm

Martyn sat very still despite being confronted by his new boss, and smiled but didn't look him in the eyes. "Jack, Sensei. I'm glad your here today, but I recommend that you not be so close to me, because once this fight commences, even the walls won't be safe from the destruction. I suppose you didn't see the state we left this place in last time." While he talked he unsheathe his sword, Akemi, and studied it carefully, he knew his sword was battle ready, but the words that Ace had said at the end of there last sparring, they rattled him on the inside. he knew Ace was right, but he couldn't bare to live like that. He needed to keep this insight of him at all times, it kept him sane, usually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJune 25th 2014, 9:14 pm

Jack smiled lightly. Martyn's soul was growing intensly. Was this- no it can't be.... a Strong Soul. So this was why he didn't want to talk about Mifune. Their souls are alike, and he didn't want to be compared to him, as Martyn is very confident of himself and doesn't need any help looking like a badass. "Martyn, I didn't sense it before, but do you have a Strong Soul?" He never thought he would ask that question. Martyn's soul was getting close to consuming the entire room. That was what Martyn meant when he spoke of destruction. With his soul, he could destroy the entire building.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2014, 5:07 pm

"Martyn." A rolling growl filled the air as Ace's voice pierced the calm veil of tranquility. As he stepped in to the Dojo, one could feel the stress and pressure that he emitted. It almost felt as though every cruel, terrible experience of his past followed him where he went, and filled every room with his presence. "I hope you don't plan on surrendering your blade to me again." This wasn't a reference to Ace defeating Martyn in their last match. No, he was referring to something far more humiliating: Ace stealing Martyn's precious heirloom from under his nose in the middle of combat.

"I am honored to know that someone such as yourself has come to spectate my duel, Miss Metzger." This was the truth. Just as he did to Azuka and Stein, Ace looked up to Laura Metzger with a great respect, as opposed to many other teachers, whom he saw as fools.

"It matters not that you now know of your soul's capabilities. Even the most powerful Kishin can be beaten by being merely outsmarted. I hope you are ready Martyn, because this time, I came prepared, and I won't be using tricks as simple as the star trap." Mentioning this brought back the memory of Martyn, trapped helplessly in a tangle of ninja wire, with shurikens flying at him from all sides. "I'll also be using self resonances this time, so don't think that the nature of your soul alone will save you."

If I can defeat Martyn now, I'll be one step closer to Mifune.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2014, 5:33 pm

Jet walks over and sits next to Laura. "Honestly I have stood next to each of them in battle so it will be fair." He pulls out his guitar and starts playing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2014, 5:39 pm

Martyn stood and and bowed before his honored guest and dangerous opponent. "Ace. The last time we stood in this room, you opposed me with your intentions, and we left this room in shambles. Today however it is under my pretenses, and I don't imagine things will be delightful in the end. But on another note, I tried to not cause you harm by bringing my sword, Akemi, into the fight too early. I see that I underestimated you, and I cannot dishonor you further."

Martyn threw off his jacket, and brushed the hair out of his crimson red eyes. He had to ignore Jack from now on unfortunately, his focus belonged to the match. With one hand he gripped Akemi, and in the other it's sheathe. "Ace I made a mistake last time, I was foolish for, and I still may be to this day. But should history repeat itself, I will renounce fighting, forever."
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2014, 5:53 pm

"Then we understand each other." Ace bowed gracefully, letting his neatly-brushed hair cover his face. "And I am holding you to that pledge." Ready for battle, the weapon iconically reached in to the pouch around his waist, digging in his pool of various tools and strategies. "Are you ready to face DWMA's greatest tactician once again?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2014, 6:09 pm

Martyn got low, bending his knees and his back, and his eyes as quick and sharp as ever. "Already planning your tricks are you?" Martyn sprinted forward, and propelled himself into the air, starting this off with a high jump kick descending upon Ace. "I hope you brought me a real good treat!"
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2014, 4:08 am

Without giving a single response, Ace sidestepped leisurely away from Martyn's landing point. It was foolish for him to try such an easily-evaded attack with his opponent at full capacity, but this was the was no surprise to Ace. People did foolish things when they fought. Ace made it a point to avoid doing as others.

"As a matter of fact, I did bring you a treat." His hand retreated from his tool pouch, revealing a smoke bomb. It entered the durable bag once more; this time it retrieved three more, and all three were gracelessly crammed in to the mouth of the cunning boy. "Face the fiery ashes of the Phoenix!"

The statement was rather awkward, as Ace's mouth was stuffed with small capsules, but it's meaning remained. It would become all the more apparent once Ace darted off, heading towards another end of the room using his sickle-arm to swing effortlessly above the ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2014, 3:55 pm

Suki slipped in the room ever so silently. Heading back to a corner of the room. She watched the fight go on. She was cursious as to what was going on so she followed a few people and ended of at a dojo. Now to boy were fighting it out.

With a bored look back in the shadows she watched them fight. "I wonder which on will pull out on top." She thought to herself, with wandering eyes roaming the boys and their stances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2014, 7:42 pm

OOC\\ Ace, can you explain that a bit clearer? Are the smoke pellets in his mouth actively smoking as he moves around the room? I can't really tell.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2014, 8:39 pm

OOC: No, he's just holding them in his mouth. Them making smoke in his mouth would end very poorly. Unless he was paying enough attention to Ace, Martyn probably wouldn't actually even know what he put in his mouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2014, 2:30 am

A voice echoed through Martyn's head.
"Marty... your losing you edge. Enough of the showmanship, give that asshole what he came here for, a square kick in the ass!"

"Keep your mouth shut."

"Well give me something good, after all it's your specialty!" He felt an odd satisfaction encouraging his opponent to fight.

Martyn retained his focus on the battle landing and maintaining great balance, he pulled several kunai from his side. Within Ace mid-air it would be a somewhat difficult task to avoid these. He tossed three of them in an arc, and darted to the wall to the left of him, in preparation for his next strike.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2014, 4:26 am

Satisfied with the pleasant surprise of being attacked with a projectile, Ace shot out a single smoke bomb from his mouth, hitting one of the kunai, causing it to explode. The burst would send the others flying in random directions as Ace landed nimbly with his feet on the back wall.

In anticipation of his next attack, Ace launched himself through the smoke cloud, hoping to gain an element of secrecy and surprise. Upon his sudden emergence from the cloud, his right hand would shoot out towards Martyn on a chain, just as it had in their previous match. However, this was different from the other times. This time, it was holding a slip of paper; one that emanated Ace's own soul wavelength.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2014, 11:34 am

Using the wall to propel himself, Martyn jumped directly towards the attack, using the sheathe of his sword in his left hand vaulting straight over his arm-chain. He hadn't planned this, for his reaction time had improved since their last fight, and this new position worked in his favor. As he soared above Ace, he swung his sword towards his torso, and hit or miss he would land just a few feet behind him.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ace

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 4:13 pm

Martyn had made a counter attack, and Ace was prepared. He launched another smoke bomb from his mouth, directed towards Martyn. The explosion, combined with the smog, would be more than enough for Ace to use his chain-arm to pull himself out of harm's reach. Though he was unsatisfied at his failure to land any significant, offensive moves, this would give Ace more time to analyze Martyn's new paradigm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2014, 4:58 pm

Martyn came to a sound halt on the ground, scarring the floor with his military boots and expelling the amount of smoke in his nostrils, looking like a bull in a cartoon.

"You massive bloody lummox! You could have gotten to him much easier just cutting his hand, what are you doing?"

"I thought I told you to shut up."

"You know damn well I have right to this fight as well. Shape up or ship out Martyn."

Martyn corrected his posture, turning halfway towards Ace. "One shot left. Make it count, Ace." He tied the sheathe back to his waist, and pulled something else from his arsenal, keeping it hidden from Ace's sight. "I can see that we haven't changed very much. On the outside, we show our strength and pretend we are the ones capable of protecting such a world, while we shelter ourselves from the same world so it won't reach up to cut us once more." He gripped his sword an narrowed his eyes, staring intently at Ace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)   The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rematch: The Spark of a Rivalry? (free to spectate| Linx vs Ace)
Page 1 of 1