Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The "Importance" of Partners

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The "Importance" of Partners Empty
PostSubject: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2014, 11:32 pm

Things... Things were looking up. That would summarize his week. New job, paid rent on the apartment, borrowed some equipment from work, top physical condition. Actually scratch that last one, it never changes. Stop, just focus...

Martyn straightened out a punching bag on the roof of the apartment complex he lived in. he couldn't be bothered to practice inside, too hot, and too noisy for the people around him considering how late it was, the sun clinging to the horizon blaring it's sunset a delightful presence on the state of Nevada, but Martyn couldn't care less. He straightened out his stance, bent his knees, delivered a swift round house kick that shook the punching bag to it's foundations.

It's that time of the day Marty-boy...

Go, away. I don't have time for you.

Really? it seems like you could have a few hours up here, that's enough time.

Martyn, jumped performing a tornado kick, that knocked the punching bag on it's side, it ripped slightly but Martyn disregarded it, and stood it back up straight as it begged for mercy.

You can't ignore me forever, we are one, you know that.

Try what you might, but you can't convince me. I know you are not me, and once I find out how to get to you, your dead, get me?

Tough words for the kid who let an old man beat him up for 10 years.

Just where do you think toying with me will get you?

He let his anger influence him, his crimson eyes flashed in the dusk of day, and as he unleashed a round-house kick, the punching bag was ripped from it moorings, and sailed over the side of the building, landing with a sound thud, and pop as the sand-like insides poured out onto the ground. Great, something to clean up.

If only you knew Martyn, if only you knew.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2014, 11:40 pm

Tiala jumped high into the air as the bag landed right next to her dropping her book and looking up at the building thinking I guess someone needs a talking to. as she walks into the building climbing the stairs to the roof opening the door and looking at a mildly sweating kid and stutters out as her shyness returns "You... you really should be more careful...." I hug my arms to my self and lower my eyes to the ground "I almost.... almost got hurt."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2014, 11:51 pm

Perhaps I forgot to mention, but Martyn was shirtless right now, and he looked quite toned especially his abs. He was only wearing his khaki pants and a belt.  "Oh, I'm sorry. I got kinda careless there, I didn't mean to cause you any grief. He grabbed a towel he had left nearby and wiped off his face before walking to her. "My name's Martyn, is there something that you need?" As he looked her over he couldn't help but blush a little, she was kinda cute not to mention just a little shorter than him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 12:01 am

I raise my head a little to look into his eyes showing of mine and their odd colors "Wh-what are you doing up here?" I say as I take a step back and clutch myself tighter "And I don't need anything I just wanted to know who was up here and now I know." I notice his cheeks flush but I attribute it to the heat and his working out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 12:07 am

He sighed, looking a little defeated. "Nothing, just my daily combat practices." he smiled awkwardly. "A-again, I'm sorry about that. You see, I'm a student at the DWMA, and it's imperative that I can protect myself, as i'm sure that you know."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 12:14 am

"Protecting yourself is secondary to a DWMA student... it's your job to protect the innocent people not yourelf." I say as my arms fall to my sides as I loosen up a bit. I don't move any closer but I look into his face a little off to the side of his eyes "I'm just a weapon... a little useless without someone to hold me..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 12:18 am

"Well, like you, I'm quite useless without a weapon to hold, I can't fight anything mildly threatening, not even a bank robber, they'd be smart enough to carry a gun. And besides, how am I supposed to protect others, if I can't protect myself?" His eyes are very sharp, and seem to be looking directly into her, not her as a person, but perhaps her soul.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 12:23 am

"Like I said... protecting yourself is secondary you have to protect everyone else. People who protect themselves don't worry or care about others, you aren't one of those people are you?" I say as I take another step back to reduce the intent of his eyes on me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 12:32 am

She clearly misunderstood him, but that wan't important. "Of course not, but-" His voice was getting kind of shaky and he took a deep breath. "I just can't okay!" He turned around, and gripped his chest, furious with himself. "I am weak. I can't fight anyone. I'd be fodder, nobody ever saved lives by throwing themselves carelessly into the way of danger, bringing about their own end. What do you want from me..." Too many bad memories were surfacing, and he need to keep his distance from her, walking slowly away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 12:41 am

"If your afraid... that means you can be strong... the weak are the strongest because they know they are weak." I take a step towards his receding figure "And I can't really... want anything from you. I don't know you." I start to hold myself again before finishing "Weakness can be a great thing... as long as you aren't hopeless."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 12:50 am

"Is there something you came here for? Because last that I checked, I never asked to be counseled." He put a hand up to her to halt her progress, his back still to her. He didn't need anyone to come up to him and spout their philosophies to him and tell him why he is everything that he is, his life was difficult enough without someone boxing him in by telling him his place in society.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 1:03 am

"If your going to be a jerk it seems I've wasted my curiosity..." I say as I backpeddle to the door slowly "I just wanted to see why I almost died for nothing and I have... some jerk with self-worth issues." I reach for the handle and grasp it before turning one last time "We could be weak... or we could grow strong it's up to us to what we choose." I run my fingers along my scar as I open the door "You've already lost if you have given up your hope for yourself."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 1:11 am

"No wait! Please, don't go..." He fell to his knees, "That wasn't me, I'm sorry. Just... don't leave." He covered his eyes, and just sat there grovelling. This was below him, but she drove him to it. Why couldn't she just let him revel in his misery instead of bring it back. Who wanted a person like this? He didn't even know what he wanted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 1:18 am

"Why shouldn't I leave..." I say gently shutting the door in front of me. "Why shouldn't I leave you up here?" My head leans against the door my forehead on the wood "I've dealt with people who switch in and out of being nice... I won't deal with some drunken... worthless..." A small tear leaves my eye and splashes on the ground as my scar itches with the memories that come up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 1:24 am

"Drunken!? Worthless!? Lady, I'm fourteen!! How could I possibly get drunk? Why can't you just believe what I'm telling you? Everything I've said you've questioned, is it so hard to trust someone? What do I have to do to make make you believe I'm a good person...." He laid down on his side. He didn't care anymore. "Fine, go if you have to, I don't care just... just, leave me alone... I don't want to hurt anymore..." His face was drenched with tears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 1:33 am

"Trust is earned... and I only trust people who are honest with me." I whip around and lean on the door with my arms wrapped tight around my abdomen "We'd have to resonate for me to trust you now... but with someone like you? I don't think anyone could overcome your issues." A few tears leaked down her eyes rolling over her cheeks staining her shirt. "And it's pretty easy to get drunk... even if your a kid."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 1:38 am

The fuck does this girl think she is, a living fucking lie detector? How could she possibly know whether or not he was being honest by exchanging a few sentences. Even if he was lying it was impossible to tell, the best Miesters in the academy can't do that. "Fine. If that's what it takes, then give me a chance, but could you stop insulting me?" It was unfair for her to be so brash with him, he hadn't caused her any harm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 1:43 am

"If the truth is insulting... you'll have to change the facts that result in it being the truth." I say as I walk over with my hand extended "You get one chance with me... if you try to hurt me... or fail I'll leave you to sulk."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 1:49 am

Martyn didn't bother to listen to anything she had just said. She wasn't making much sense regardless, and trying to understand her was just beyond him right now. And as for the ultimatum here, he couldn't give two shits, he just didn't want to be alone. If he could keep her around when she wasn't being so rude, perhaps he wouldn't mind. He took her hand gently, his hands were rather soft considering what they've been though.

Last edited by Linxwire on June 23rd 2014, 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 1:58 am

{I think your mistaken... nothing wrong with this character's hands unless i read that wrong. OOC.}

I start to shift in my weapon form, my hand becoming the hilt my body compressing into the blade. The white edge gleaming as the black body of the stood stark against it the red markings appearing last. I speak through a small glimmer of connection "Re-relax a little... I don't do this... this much with anyone." My shyness flaring back as the fear outweighs my anger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 2:07 am

OOC// I think you misread that, I said his hand were soft. I changed a few things to make it more clear.

Martyn's grip on her was tight, he knew very well how to handle a blade. He crossed his legs, putting both of his hands on her hilt and letting the point of it face the ground. He took a deep breath, and his body became entirely still.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 2:16 am

I started to relax as the connection grew and almost stabilized at his new demeanor "Left... or right handed?" I say to him as I grew almost comfortable starting to like his firm grip
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 2:26 am

"Left handed..." He rolled his shoulders, popping as they moved. It was easy to relax as they were focused on a similar goal. He took another deep breath, but was holding back. When a person wields a weapon, they can sometime share the same state of mind, and he knew this. She had stirred up emotions and memories he wasn't willing to share, so he tried not to give too much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 2:33 am

"Your tensing up again... I can feel your wavelength receding..." I say as I try to keep calm. "Your doing fine... just relax and let it flow." I push the connection a little trying to jump start something as I feel a little warm "I've only tried to resonate once... just help me out a little."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitimeJune 23rd 2014, 2:41 am

He sighed. "If you insist. There are just some things, I'd rather not put on you." He concentrated now, just allowing it go through. If she wasn't careful she might somethings that could change her mind about him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Importance" of Partners   The "Importance" of Partners I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "Importance" of Partners
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next