Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aftermath: Nebun's Change Of Heart? (Self-rp)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

Aftermath: Nebun's Change Of Heart? (Self-rp) Empty
PostSubject: Aftermath: Nebun's Change Of Heart? (Self-rp)   Aftermath: Nebun's Change Of Heart? (Self-rp) I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2014, 12:07 am

Nebun sat in a half-destroyed booth, the charred remains of coffee and humans spattered on the walls of the already dingy restaurant he currently occupied. The town was small, a flyspeck place in upper Illinois that once served underpriced beverages to the average income townsfolk, and now hosted the most dismal of birthdays.
Nebun had, in one year, become the first full kishin since Asura; he had brought mighty foes low, destroyed cities, and now lead an army of millions...and he was empty.
Void. Desolate. Meaningless.

Initially, he did it for pleasure, not knowing the driving force of his ambition, simply rising to meet each attacker with bared claws and bloody kicks, but as he grew stronger he knew. It was freedom; a always freedom, that drove him. He knew not what he wanted from life, only that he was going to be damned sure he was capable of getting it once he decided.

The monster gazed disconsolately into his mug full of blood, taking a deep drink before placing it down again, some of it dribbling from the corner of his mouth, startling red against the whiteness if his skin. He continued scrutinizing the liquid for a while longer before looking up, gazing out across the town through a window.
The whole place was shrouded in shadow, trapped under a massive black dome that was now all to familiar with Nebun. The portion of the population that he hadn't killed was herded into the square, the twisted skeletons under his control ringing them all in with silent smiles.

Today was his birthday. Even he had felt a particular sentimentality about his birthday, and even about his parents, some of the few people he couldn't bring himself to kill. That was a while back; if he met them now though, he would likely be capable. He had done it to his sister after all. He smiled sadly at the thought.
She had adored him, even after the murders. She would always procure a cake when Nebun's birthday came, even when they were on the run, sticking human fingers in it like cannibalistic candles.
He sighed and began his walk to the town center. About 20 people were left; not nearly enough to make a valuable contribution to his forces. He calmly ordered his "troops" to mop up the survivors. He heard sobs from the crowd "Finish them and be done with it, we need to move on."
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath: Nebun's Change Of Heart? (Self-rp)   Aftermath: Nebun's Change Of Heart? (Self-rp) I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2014, 3:29 pm

Standing amongst the survivors was a thin girl by the name of Salvary Stevens. Her entire frame resembled someone who had been raked over the coals twice over; she was unkempt, covered in blood and dirt. She was only Nebun's age, not a meister or weapon, just a citizen, but it was clear she was one of those who fought back instead of running and hiding. Her green eyes shot fire at Nebun's the entire time he was there. When he ordered their deaths she seemed to snap "No!! We're people you idiot!!! We didn't do anything to you!!!" She ran past the guards to Nebun, shoving him into the dirt. Nebun looks up in shock, gazing at the crazed expression on her face, noting the desperation.

Something sparked in Nebun's mind, a connection. It must have registered on his face, because the girl now stood petrified in place. He stands up and looks at her "What is your name?"
She looked up, thinking he was sure to slaughter her then and there.
"Salvary...Salvary Stevens." Her tentative reply came after a pause.
Nebun approaches her with a tired sigh "Alright Salvary, you want to live? You have to work for me, as a thrall."
She looks at him "Y-yeah, okay...what does that mean?"
He rolls his eyes "It means you and your fellow townsfolk over there will be forced to help me infiltrate an area and tell me where the most people and the weakest points are so I can do the most damage. Deep cover agents basically."
She swallows the knot that had formed in her throat. More towns and cities devoid of people? It would probably happen anyways, wouldn't it? "Fine." She says, clenching her fists "I'll do it."
The pale face of Nebun is split with a broad unsettling grin "Excellent, but keep in mind that you just answered for all your friends too." He walks over and shoves his fist through her sternum with a crack of bone. He opens his fist, releasing a blob of black blood inside her before retracting his hand. It was not a part of her though, remaining under the control of Nebun, repairing the damage and leaving a black dot near her collar-bone. "That will expand and kill you if you disobey me." He says, weakling away "welcome to our team."
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath: Nebun's Change Of Heart? (Self-rp)   Aftermath: Nebun's Change Of Heart? (Self-rp) I_icon_minitimeAugust 18th 2014, 12:59 am

Initially Salvary was only horrified, her mind trying and failing to justify the horrible things she would have to do for Nebun, the feeling deep down in her chest that death was preferable. She must have cried the rest of the day, shambling skeletons looking on with empty eye-sockets, wether or not they were still conscious deep down inside remaining a mystery that only heightened the general wrongness of her predicament.
The army went into the ground the next day, corpses returning to the dirt and the few living took a bus, as though it were a typical field trip, and proceeded to the next town.
They mingled there for a day or so.
Salvary, knowing it would be gone tomorrow felt a hard knot form in her throat. She had considered telling people to leave, to run, to do anything, but then a stabbing pain shot through her sternum, as though Nebun was reminding her that he owned her now. When the army caught up, Nebun met her by a tree as the sun set
"Have a nice night on the town did we?" He says, a tad bitterly, as though he had anything to be upset about. He didn't even have the right!
She walked up to him with moist eyes "You're freaking sick!" She yelled, wanting to punch him, but failing as her chest tightened slightly, reminding her again. Nebun didn't look amused though, not angered nor arrogant; Nebun looked sad, sighing before slumping against the tree trunk. "I know, but I have already started this thing, and So I'm going to finish it." He says "Started what?" Salvary replies angrily "Is mass murder just a pet project for you?! So what, are we just feeding your ego at this point?" Nebun stands up, frustrated, but for all the world, unable to kill his only source of meaningful conversation "What do you want me to do then? It's not like they ever did anything to make the world better anyways, they just make it more complicated. Wouldn't things be better off without people?"
Salvary, either realizing Nebun wouldn't kill her, or not caring if he did, only responded to his first question "Go to hell."
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath: Nebun's Change Of Heart? (Self-rp)   Aftermath: Nebun's Change Of Heart? (Self-rp) I_icon_minitimeNovember 17th 2014, 9:19 pm

Conversations like this became common over the next several months, occurring one tiny town at a time until she didn't even blink when the shambling hordes of skeletal corpses burst from the ground while a black wall encircled the place. They somehow sensed her as one of theirs. She almost chuckled thinking about it; maybe she was just a corpse in her own way?
When it was done, she would talk to Nebun, the only person in the area still sane enough to speak with, ironically enough.
She became desensitized to his callous disregard for life, some of it even rubbing off on her in the form of morbid humor. People turned into zoo creatures, amusing to watch, but impossible to touch.
Salvary started liking it, the routine...she didn't want to admit that she was Nebun's friend, but they were in fact, closer than she was with most of her old ones.
This had to be Stockholm syndrome, and she was smart enough to know it, but Salvary no longer cared. She wouldn't leave if she could.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath: Nebun's Change Of Heart? (Self-rp)   Aftermath: Nebun's Change Of Heart? (Self-rp) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aftermath: Nebun's Change Of Heart? (Self-rp)
Page 1 of 1