Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Salem, the child of darkness

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

Salem, the child of darkness Empty
PostSubject: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2014, 8:14 pm

Salem Ravensdale

Gender/Sex: Male

Age: is 8, but most people assume he's been alive for longer because of his personality

Species: Demon wraith/Shadow demon((result of a experiment))

Love Interest: N/A for now

Orientation (Sexual/Romantic): straight

Weapon: N/A

Appearance:  Salem appears to be a regular eight year old boy, about 4 feet, weak looking body structure, huge friendly light purple eyes, short black hair, healthy pale skin and an extremely cute face. But this is only the form he takes when he's being innocent. When he's being menacing his eyes darken and gain a slight reddish tint, he gets a ghostly black aura and whispering is heard. Salem also has his spirit form, or his original form, just a ghostly black soul that can faze into shadows and hides in the dark, waiting...people can't tell that he isn't human when he's in his innocent form at all. Salem is basically a shadow that can appear to have a physical form, but just because he's partially a wraith doesn't mean he can grab things like a living being, he's part physical too, the demon/mortal side makes it so he can grab things. Salem doesn't have a soul, when people that have soul perception look  for it all they see is a dark, empty void, this js because, being partially a wraith, he is his soul himself, a phantom if you think about it, that's why they only see the darkness. Salem uses shadows to dress himself, his favorite outfit is a black tuxedo, his innocent clothes are a black t-shirt and black shorts, he can change it to anything he wants but prefers these outfits

Personality: Salem isn't called the child of darkness for nothing, he's also been called little devil, killer orphan, shadow, darkness, slenderkid, darkness it's self and evil incarnate. Salem is nothing short of a sadist, he absolutely enjoys the suffering of others,  even if it's something little like they feel uncomfortable or scared, he literally feeds off of strong emotions or pain and pleasure. Salem is refined and mature for his age, making others assume he's older than he looks, but he's just 8 years old, in fact, when he's fully fed he becomes playful and plays with other children like a regular little boy. Salem, being a gentleman, tends to go easy on girls, he actually prefers to give them pleasure instead of pain, but he wouldn't hold back with taunting them while doing so, usually with others guys he doesn't hold back, unless if there merely mortals, anyone that's defenseless against him he will only take enough energy to  make them pass out, but if someone is capable of fighting back he's more harsh on them. Salem is very intelligent and loved classical music,  he also believes in survival of the fittest. Salem is capable of liking others and will consider them friends after a while, he also wouldn't mind working for someone as long as they treat him fairly and allows him to carry out his dark deeds.

History: Salem was once a normal little boy, happy, healthy, and loving, he was clingy to his parents and could never imagine living without them...but sadly he had to when one tragic day his parents disappeared without a trace, after weeks of searching the police couldn't find them, and since Salem didn't have any known relatives he was soon put in an orphanage. Salem spent most of his days playing outside with others and reading, trying not to think about his lost parents. Over a course of a month children were mysteriously disappearing from the orphanage, they were asked to go to the basement but never came back. One day Salem's curiosity got the best of him and he went down into the basement to investigate, only to find a number of shocking things: The floor slightly coverd in blood, the dead bodies of the missing children in a corner and his mother standing in the middle of a glowing eerie circle wearing a labcoat.

Salem was confused and scared, he asked his mom why she killed the children and what was going on? His mother smiled and walked over to him and handed him a black orb that resembled a soul, she chuckled warmly and said "Do you want your friends back? They can live again if you eat the soul...", Salem was uneasy about eating the black object, it felt like he was holding icey air and he heard whispering, the whispering of the children. Salem didn't want his friends to be dead, so he ate it. Instantly after he ate it he went through agonizing pain,his soul felt as if it was being dissolved and his body was beginning to become bitterly cold from the inside out, his vision turned black even though he was still conscious, shadows poured from his mouth and nose amd he collapsed to the ground, finally having his mind engulfed by terrifying unconscious darkness.

When Salem woke up he felt hollow and cold, he couldn't feel his heart beating but he  could her eerie whispering, he was laying on a sheet of darkness and shadows, he could slightly see through his hands. He didn't freak out like he would've had when he was normal, and he definitely wasn't normal, at least not anymore. His mother chuckled darkly and patted his head "Finally it worked, I finally have my living soul!!" She said, even though Salem wasn't freaking out he was still concerned and confused, he asked his mother what he had become. His mother gave him a wicked grin as she explained, she said that the soul she gave him was the soul of a demln, one that could control shadows,  it was also infused with the souls that suffered and were miserable, meaning the children died horribly, and using dark magic she infused them together with shadows and made it living by also infusing a witch soul,the magic gave it the ability to manifest itself a conscious,  she explained how this complicated experiment took years and years to finally get it successful.

Salem was told that his mother merely wanted a monster that can feed off of humans or other living things but wouldn't need souls, she explained how because the soul had  conscious before it devoured Salem's soul and consumed his being,in short, his body was nothing more than a shadowy soul now. Salem didn't like the fact that he was just going to be used for a tool, so when his mother wasn't looking he escaped and took refuge in an abandoned warehouse. While in hiding Salem learned that he needed to get energy to sustain his being, meaning he had to take the energy of other living things, so ever night he had to go out and take the energy from people walking around at night. Soon after a while people who had only heard about a mysterious shadow draining people of theur energy stared spreading rumors, and with these rumors came all of his nicknames. And just like a rumor it spread like wildfire, meaning his mother heard of it and planned on retrieving her "tool".

His mother brought a group of men, each had a lantern with them as they went into the pitch black dark warehouse. All around them they heard whispering, felt things snaking around their legs where the light stopped touching, and suddenly one of the men fell on the ground and broke his lantern, he was instantly dragged away into the shadows, screaming in pain. One by one the men were tripped and dragged away until his mother was left. She confronted Salem, who was sitting on a tall pile of scrap metal, shadows waving all around him deadly tendrils, his mother told him he was a monster that needed to be tamed, Salem merely chuckled darkly and shook his head is disapproval before tendrils caused his mother to fall on the ground. While his mother fought for her life Salem said his final words to her "Oh mother, you may to blame for the monster you created..." an evil smile spread on his face as his mother was consumed in darkness "..but you can never be blamed for the monster I have become.."

Salem now travels around by day and feeds at night, making more people fear the dark

Miscellaneous: Salem likes to play the violin

Abilities:

Shadow control: He can manipulate shadows and even faze into them,he can make them hard like a knife or use them as extra limbs or tendrils. He can even make them liquid like. He can absorb shadows as well

Fazer: being partially a ghost he can make it where his body can go through solid objects, but doing sp he just thin his physical being so it makes him weaker to light

Possession: If anyone eats Salem's soul, which is his body being a spirit basically, they will experience the agonizing, icey pain of his spirit trying to take over his new host. If successful his key physical features will overthrow the original body's features, meaning eye color, hair color, and their soul will be consumed by his. However, if he fails to fully take over he'd be a voice in their head and their soul would be particularly consumed by darkness, meaning that the have access to some of his abilities. If he fails completely his soul/being would be spit out and he would have to hide in the dark until a suitable host is found.
The other person can fight back, it's sort of a soul battle, if the person has a strong soul, like a grigori, death scythe or some that has already eaten alot of souls like a kishin egg, it'll be virtually impossible, if he fails he'll be rejected, Also he can be expelled mid possession if the person who ate him resonates with their meister, or they use all their willpower to get him out

Reincarnation((if Possession fails)): Salem has to come out at night and absorb enough energy to reform his original body, this takes about six eight year old children and ten adults, but he must absorb all their energy and kill them.

Ghostly body: Salem can't be killed by any physical means or weapons, if someone cuts off a limb it will just regroup onto him and regenerate, only intense light and fire can cause overwhelming injuries.

Absorption:  Salem can feed off of energy, emotions and pain or pleasure, as long as it's strong, when he absorbs energy, also known as his "feeding", it causes the victim slight pain if they're willing but overwhelming pain the more they struggle and resist.

Energy reduction: Instead of using the energy he absorbs to grow or feed, he can let it out in a dark, electrical like charge, this move, however, it can weaken him if  used more than once or used for an extended amount of time ((over a minute)), so Salem doesn't use this move unless he needs a desperate escape

Weaknesses:  

Soul destroying abilities or things

Day time: he can't use any abilities during the day, and if he's attacked he'll be unable to defend himself with his abilities

intense light

Fire

Grigori souls: If a person he tries to posses has a grigori soul he'll be instantly rejected and  harmedbecause of the angel like soul

Have You Read the Rules?"I LOVE SOUL EATER!"

Last edited by Vixy McCloud on February 28th 2015, 5:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2014, 11:04 am

Done~
Back to top Go down
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeNovember 24th 2014, 7:41 pm

Hello?
Back to top Go down
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2014, 12:21 pm

Bretles?
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2014, 5:38 pm

If it pleases the Staff I'd like to grade this app today. I'll have it reviewed some the after 5
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2014, 7:50 pm

Heyyoo! I'm here to grade your application and help get this little monster out into the world.

First things first, Grammar: One or two grammar mistakes would probably be okay, but I've seen a lot of mistakes in your history and some in your abilities. Please read these over like you were reading a book and fix any errors you see nya?

Next, a few of your abilities need touching up. For instance:

Possession seems way too overpowered to me. It has dangerous potential to be used for controlling another person's character, which is a no-no.

Reincarnation seems okay to me for the most part, except, if he is technically "dead" how can he be strong enough to drain from people? I think he should just be able to absorb pure emotions around him along with a few shadows for his form in order to reincarnate. That's my suggestion anyway.

Lastly, I think you should expand the limitations of him "feeding" on people. Just so its clear he can't just stand there and slowly drain an opponent until they pass out.

Other than that I like the look of this character. Just make these changes and I'll review it again asap. Idoc out!
Back to top Go down
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeNovember 26th 2014, 8:11 pm

Ok, a few things

1) sorry about the grammar, using my phone

2) if Salem is stuck in their head he can do anything but talk, however, the person can only use the shadow powers if Salem allows it, other than that he can't do anything. If he fully possesed them that means he attack their souls, meaning he's killing them, it can't really be controlling a character if the character is dead

2) Oh, I should've put that he can only absorb little amounts at a time in reincarnation, but I can put it takes a few weeks ((a month maybe)) before he could be fully functional again

3) He does jusg stand there to feed, he engulfs his victims in shadows while he does so, regular humans would be defenseless against it, but someone with light powers or a weapon could get through the shadows, I could put that too

I'll edit
Back to top Go down
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeNovember 28th 2014, 11:11 pm

Idoc? .-.
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2014, 6:33 pm

When I said Possession was over powered I meant because it gives him a possibility of Possessing an Original Character that another member of the site made. That's why I think it should be changed or removed overall. Either that or you mention it is strictly for use on NPCs in your description somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2014, 6:51 pm

Um, there is no controlling the other character because they're dead, Salem destroys their soul, meaning it's not them anymore, meaning it's not making them do things they don't want because they're dead, they can't be controlled if they're dead, it's basically them being killed and having their soul eaten, they aren't there anymore so they can't be controlled. The maker of the OC is not required to rp that character afterwards if Salem takes over because they're dead....
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2014, 7:09 pm

But you aren't to kill another oc without their convent. Which is why the ability is overpowered. Its basically an unstable one hit kill.
Back to top Go down
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2014, 7:26 pm

The other person can fight back, it's sort of a soul battle, if the person has a strong soul, like a grigori, death scythe or some that has already eaten alot of souls like a kishin egg, it'll be virtually impossible, if he fails he'll be rejected,
Also he can be expelled mid possession if the person who ate him resonates with their meister, or they use all their willpower to get him out...

But I can just say that if his soul/being is eaten it just attacks and damages before being thrown up again, it might be simpler
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2014, 7:46 pm

Alright, in that case add that explanation you just told me in the first paragraph in your description for Possession and I'll deem it acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2014, 8:10 pm

Edited
Back to top Go down
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2014, 8:19 pm

Wait, nvm, still editing
Back to top Go down
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeNovember 29th 2014, 8:27 pm

Ok, now edited, replaced Wraiths of Misery
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeDecember 1st 2014, 6:46 pm

Hey there! Just checking in to see if you are ready for me to grade your application again?
Back to top Go down
Vixy McCloud
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Vixy McCloud

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2014, 12:14 am

Yes, been ready for two days now, :)
Back to top Go down
¡Iddy-chan!
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
¡Iddy-chan!

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeDecember 2nd 2014, 2:01 pm

ACCEPTED!
Back to top Go down
aflairforfandoms
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
aflairforfandoms

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2016, 10:14 pm

Salem, the child of darkness Char_c27
As of 8/14/2016, this character is in perfect compliance with the rules :cheer:
Otherwise, if you plan on dropping/deactivating them let me know!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salem, the child of darkness   Salem, the child of darkness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Salem, the child of darkness
Page 1 of 1